Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 233

Thread: ALISSA CZISNY Official Thread

  1. #91
    I like pie. Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    What would be most reassuring is if Alissa landed all of her jumps all the time. Michelle Kwan did that, almost. She went on tour every year with SOI, did a four triple program, and hit them all almost every night. Michelle's official practices were performances. Even in a "so-so" practice, she rarely fell.

    If Alissa had power over her falls she would not fall.
    Michelle never skated with SOI... she was the star of Champions on Ice.

  2. #92
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,829
    ^ Oh. I guess that's why she never fell in Stars on Ice.

  3. #93
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    17,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    What would be most reassuring is if Alissa landed all of her jumps all the time. Michelle Kwan did that, almost. She went on tour every year with SOI, did a four triple program, and hit them all almost every night. Michelle's official practices were performances. Even in a "so-so" practice, she rarely fell.

    If Alissa had power over her falls she would not fall.
    Show lighting is much more difficult to deal with.

    Which is why it is so impressive when Plushenko or Bradley hits a quad in show lighting.

    Michelle's practices were amazing. I recall one practice of hers at one Nationals or Worlds in Washington, I don't remember which. She did a runthough of her long--and then a runthrough of her short, both without visible error. She got a standing ovation from the people in the stands, something I've never seen in a practice.

  4. #94
    I like pie. Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    ^ Oh. I guess that's why she never fell in Stars on Ice.
    definitely makes it easier that way, eh?

  5. #95
    :) aftertherain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    definitely makes it easier that way, eh?
    I'm confused.

  6. #96
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,691
    Can't fall in the event if you don't skate at the event

  7. #97
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,490
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Michelle's practices were amazing. I recall one practice of hers at one Nationals or Worlds in Washington, I don't remember which. She did a runthough of her long--and then a runthrough of her short, both without visible error. She got a standing ovation from the people in the stands, something I've never seen in a practice.
    I'm so jealous you got to see a practice. I saw her skate live just once, and I was way up in the nosebleed section of the arena. Thanks for the story!

  8. #98
    Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,990
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    :sheesh: :sheesh:

    If they aren't being counted for points, it doesn't matter...
    no, It dosen't matter if she can go out at Worlds and throw down another clean skate. But seriously, why do skaters nowadys have so much trouble with exhibitions? The program was beautiful and would have been a true iconic moment if she not messed up everyone of her jumps. I understand that spotlights are hard to jump in but Alissa is a pro at this, she toured with SOI and has been competing at this level for a long time.

  9. #99
    she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    3,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    no, It dosen't matter if she can go out at Worlds and throw down another clean skate. But seriously, why do skaters nowadys have so much trouble with exhibitions? The program was beautiful and would have been a true iconic moment if she not messed up everyone of her jumps. I understand that spotlights are hard to jump in but Alissa is a pro at this, she toured with SOI and has been competing at this level for a long time.
    I guess Galas right after a tough competition might be a little difficult. You're tired and all.

    But still. As everyone has pointed out, it's hard to imagine Michelle falling all over the place like that at an exhibition. Or Rachael for that matter. Even Mirai.
    I remember that Yuna's exhibition after the Olympics had one or two popped jumps. But that's different from falling twice.

    Alissa did do a nice exhibition after winning the GPF. I don't know what happened this time. No reason to panic but not the greatest send off for our national champ. :sheesh:

    Maybe Alissa should have a no-jump exhibition number. Kinda like this one

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhuFMGGAqr4
    Last edited by Layfan; 02-06-2011 at 01:47 PM.

  10. #100
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post

    Alissa did do a nice exhibition after winning the GPF. I don't know what happened this time. No reason to panic but not the greatest send off for our national champ. :sheesh:
    Good point.

  11. #101
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    913
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    In the gala, it didn't count, and she slipped. Write it off as a bad practice, it happens to all.
    I actually think the real issue is that she doesn't have the technique adjustments that she learned under her new coaches down a 100%. That is, she still has to follow a set of steps to get the jumps right, but once she stops focusing on these steps, the jumps come out wrong. Hopefully at some point, the technique she uses in competition will become second nature to her. (I am talking about the whole muscle memory thing.)

  12. #102
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,691
    Quote Originally Posted by krenseby View Post
    I actually think the real issue is that she doesn't have the technique adjustments that she learned under her new coaches down a 100%. That is, she still has to follow a set of steps to get the jumps right, but once she stops focusing on these steps, the jumps come out wrong. Hopefully at some point, the technique she uses in competition will become second nature to her. (I am talking about the whole muscle memory thing.)
    Hmm, there's something in what you say there.

  13. #103
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    9,687

    Alissa and the Super Bowl

    I just saw Alissa in a Chysler commercial! She was doing a spin in an outdoor rink. She can now say she was in a commercial with Eminem! Anyone see it?

  14. #104
    Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I just saw Alissa in a Chysler commercial! She was doing a spin in an outdoor rink. She can now say she was in a commercial with Eminem! Anyone see it?
    Saw it!!! I got all excited!

  15. #105
    Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    559
    Found it!

    http://www.i4u.com/45212/chrysler-su...m-online-video

    you can see her at .55 secs.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •