Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: ALISSA CZISNY Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    What would be most reassuring is if Alissa landed all of her jumps all the time. Michelle Kwan did that, almost. She went on tour every year with SOI, did a four triple program, and hit them all almost every night. Michelle's official practices were performances. Even in a "so-so" practice, she rarely fell.

If Alissa had power over her falls she would not fall.
    Michelle never skated with SOI... she was the star of Champions on Ice.

^ Oh. I guess that's why she never fell in Stars on Ice.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    What would be most reassuring is if Alissa landed all of her jumps all the time. Michelle Kwan did that, almost. She went on tour every year with SOI, did a four triple program, and hit them all almost every night. Michelle's official practices were performances. Even in a "so-so" practice, she rarely fell.

If Alissa had power over her falls she would not fall.
    Show lighting is much more difficult to deal with.

Which is why it is so impressive when Plushenko or Bradley hits a quad in show lighting.

Michelle's practices were amazing. I recall one practice of hers at one Nationals or Worlds in Washington, I don't remember which. She did a runthough of her long--and then a runthrough of her short, both without visible error. She got a standing ovation from the people in the stands, something I've never seen in a practice.

^ Oh. I guess that's why she never fell in Stars on Ice.
    definitely makes it easier that way, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    definitely makes it easier that way, eh?
    I'm confused.

Down With It
    Can't fall in the event if you don't skate at the event

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Michelle's practices were amazing. I recall one practice of hers at one Nationals or Worlds in Washington, I don't remember which. She did a runthough of her long--and then a runthrough of her short, both without visible error. She got a standing ovation from the people in the stands, something I've never seen in a practice.
    I'm so jealous you got to see a practice. I saw her skate live just once, and I was way up in the nosebleed section of the arena. Thanks for the story!

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    :sheesh: :sheesh:

If they aren't being counted for points, it doesn't matter...
    no, It dosen't matter if she can go out at Worlds and throw down another clean skate. But seriously, why do skaters nowadys have so much trouble with exhibitions? The program was beautiful and would have been a true iconic moment if she not messed up everyone of her jumps. I understand that spotlights are hard to jump in but Alissa is a pro at this, she toured with SOI and has been competing at this level for a long time.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    no, It dosen't matter if she can go out at Worlds and throw down another clean skate. But seriously, why do skaters nowadys have so much trouble with exhibitions? The program was beautiful and would have been a true iconic moment if she not messed up everyone of her jumps. I understand that spotlights are hard to jump in but Alissa is a pro at this, she toured with SOI and has been competing at this level for a long time.
    I guess Galas right after a tough competition might be a little difficult. You're tired and all.

But still. As everyone has pointed out, it's hard to imagine Michelle falling all over the place like that at an exhibition. Or Rachael for that matter. Even Mirai.
    I remember that Yuna's exhibition after the Olympics had one or two popped jumps. But that's different from falling twice.

Alissa did do a nice exhibition after winning the GPF. I don't know what happened this time. No reason to panic but not the greatest send off for our national champ. :sheesh:

Maybe Alissa should have a no-jump exhibition number. Kinda like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhuFMGGAqr4
    Last edited by Layfan; 02-06-2011 at 01:47 PM.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post

Alissa did do a nice exhibition after winning the GPF. I don't know what happened this time. No reason to panic but not the greatest send off for our national champ. :sheesh:
    Good point.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    In the gala, it didn't count, and she slipped. Write it off as a bad practice, it happens to all.
    I actually think the real issue is that she doesn't have the technique adjustments that she learned under her new coaches down a 100%. That is, she still has to follow a set of steps to get the jumps right, but once she stops focusing on these steps, the jumps come out wrong. Hopefully at some point, the technique she uses in competition will become second nature to her. (I am talking about the whole muscle memory thing.)

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by krenseby View Post
    I actually think the real issue is that she doesn't have the technique adjustments that she learned under her new coaches down a 100%. That is, she still has to follow a set of steps to get the jumps right, but once she stops focusing on these steps, the jumps come out wrong. Hopefully at some point, the technique she uses in competition will become second nature to her. (I am talking about the whole muscle memory thing.)
    Hmm, there's something in what you say there.

Alissa and the Super Bowl

I just saw Alissa in a Chysler commercial! She was doing a spin in an outdoor rink. She can now say she was in a commercial with Eminem! Anyone see it?

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I just saw Alissa in a Chysler commercial! She was doing a spin in an outdoor rink. She can now say she was in a commercial with Eminem! Anyone see it?
    Saw it!!! I got all excited!

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    Found it!

http://www.i4u.com/45212/chrysler-su...m-online-video

you can see her at .55 secs.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast