Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: ALISSA CZISNY Official Thread

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by ana View Post
    definitely, thanks for sharing

yes, Thanks for sharing!

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    I'd never seen that side of Alissa. She does well. i don't remember seeing her do an I spin before. Nice to see her looking so relaxed.

Custom Title
    I love this program! Alissa shows a different side--lots of personality. She is one beautiful skater when she is on.

Thanks for the link. Loved it!

Custom Title
    Aw that's really cute, I love her costume. My goodness she is so skinny though! Well I guess being vegan probably helps with that.

Custom Title
    Very strange to see Alissa skating to some modern music and not the typical classical music. Also nice to see her hair not be in that rather conservative bun she always put it in. The ponytail makes her look younger. Of course it's not like she's 40. LOL

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    I'd never seen that side of Alissa. She does well. i don't remember seeing her do an I spin before. Nice to see her looking so relaxed.
    Alissa used to include the front catch "I-spin" in a lot of her programs. Seems like in recent years, she's gone with the Y-spin with the dropped free arm. From 2004:
    http://www.figureskatersonline.com/a...a/IMG_6750.jpg

Thanks for sharing! Nice to see this "young" playful side, LOVE the hair and she is SO pretty! My only complaint was no layback! ;-P

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    That's more often called a shotgun spin.

^^thank you for the link! good read!

RE: "Do you think you'll continue on to try for Sochi 2014?"
    AC: "When I committed myself to competing again this season, I committed to competing for one year. I'm not going to make any other decisions until this season is finished. But I know one thing for sure--I love skating and I'm not going to stop skating! "

I'm happy shes not getting ahead of herself and love the attitude.

about the Super Bowl commercial:
    " Chrysler and the people involved in the production of this commercial found me through the Productions Plus-Talent Shop (Bingham Farms, MI) and through my skating club (Detroit Skating Club). They were looking for a female skater who was in her twenties and could spin--and I fit the description perfectly! The day we filmed the commercial, I spent several hours spinning at the outdoor rink at Campus Martius in downtown Detroit. I knew the theme of the commercial, but I didn't know that it was going to be aired during the Superbowl! When I finally saw the commercial, I was astounded by the finished product--it portrays Detroit so well and is so inspiring, not only to us Detroiters but also to Americans in general. I was honored to be a part of the commercial, and I have been continually surprised by the positive response to the commercial!"

about the elimination of the Spiral Sequence:
    " I sincerely wish that the ISU had not eliminated the spiral sequence from the short programs (and not just because I can gain a lot of points from that element!). Our sport is both athletic and artistic, and I believe the spiral sequence helped to counterbalance the athletic side of the sport (the jumps) with its more artistic qualities."

and about Worlds:
    "Yes, I have set personal goals for myself at the upcoming World Championships, and I'd also like to help earn three spots for the US team for next year's Worlds. Most of all, though, I'm looking forward to competing my very best at the competition!"

Wonderful!
    Last edited by reynycpr; 02-15-2011 at 10:20 AM.

Custom Title
    I thought that had to be Alissa! What a wonderful commercial. I am moved by it every time I see it. I'd love to see a resurgence of Detroit (and American-made products), and I love that the advertisers thought of skating as a part of what they wanted to show about Detroit's identity.

I hope Alissa keeps that idea of resilience in her mind as she skates at Worlds, and that it carries her onto the podium!

Down With It
    Does one think Czisny will be forgiven by fans if she DOES manage to get that 3rd spot back? You know, for the disaster that was 2009?

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Very nice interview. Her training regime sounds awesome. Gosh, if I had the talent I would love to spend my days skating, taking ballet lessons and doing pilates

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast