Japanese Nationals Dec. 24 to 26 | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Japanese Nationals Dec. 24 to 26

Morning Glory

On the Ice
I've watched Mao's performance. It's not perfect, 3A is probably UR, flutz, doubled salcow, no 3 combo, and slow compared to Kanako, but totally beautifull program! Conratulations, Mao :clap:

Who goes Worlds??

NMURA

Medalist
Worlds
Kozuka, Oda, Takahashi
Ando, Asada, Murakami
Takahashi/Tran
Reed/Reed

4CC
Kozuka, Takahashi, Hanyu
Ando, Asada, Suzuki
Takahashi/Tran
Reed/Reed

Junior Worlds
Nakamura, Tanaka, ?
Shoji, Nishino, Oba
Takahashi/Tran
Komatsubara/Mizutani

Asian Winter Games
Mura, Machida
Murakami, Imai
Reed/Reed

Winter Universiade
Oda, D. Murakami
Ishikawa, Kokubun
Hirai/Mizutani

(source: 2ch)

herios

Medalist
Oda:

Q: How do you think about your performance?

A: Totally bad...I could not succeed the Quads throughout this competition. In FP, I had no speed and could not pay attention to the transition. It's regrettable not to win the title. I try to do my best performances at the next competition.

Hanyu:

Q: How was your performance?

A: I was too eager to do more, and it backfired. It caused strain and I lost the timing for the jumps.

Q: Now, your are at the third place.

A: I'm not satisfied with my performance. I want to do the flawless performances at the future competitions.

Thank you very much!

seniorita

Record Breaker
people always write off Mao because of her bad season start, we are talking about the girl with disaster Gp last season that ended being World Champion and Olympic Silver medalist!
I m so excited for both her programs!
I really like Kanako A LOT, but she is still very young and I wish they announced Akiko for Worlds, because she had a good season so far and she is so great to watch, I dont get why judges dont see this in her pcs.
I also watched men, Kozuka:) Takahashi´s program was so moving, I have my parents visiting here and my dad sit down and watched him:biggrin:
And Hanyu´s fall on 3axel was very strange:eek: I read a Plushy interview this morning and he picks Hanyu from the youngsters
- By the way, did you see young Japanese skaters?
- Yuzuru!

- Yes Yuzuru. How do you feel about him?
- I practiced with Yuzuru together in the summer. He landed very beautiful quads. He is a very good skater.... He's very good. And young. He is only fifteen years old now, three to four years later, he will reach great time as a competitor. I feel he will be more great skater, by 2014 Olympics.
:hb:

luckykid

On the Ice
I've watched Mao's performance. It's not perfect, 3A is probably UR, flutz, doubled salcow, no 3 combo, and slow compared to Kanako, but totally beautifull program! Conratulations, Mao :clap:

Who goes Worlds??
Slow? She's usually relatively fast isn't she? I forgot to tune in just now, only in time to watch 2nd half of Ando's program.

treeloving

Medalist
Just finish watching boardcast, Congrat Miki!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You really deserve to be champion!

p.s. Seeing Miki win with such a deserving performance and know that Yuzuru will be sent to 4CC make my day, but I really feel Akiko was dumped.

Last edited:

luckykid

On the Ice
I agree. Her program was beautiful. She seems to have more musicality now, compared to when I first started watching her. However, in her interview, she said it wasn't the best skate, she could still do better or something like that.

ayayukiituka

On the Ice
A rumor says that Mao looks slow on TV or Youtube because she doesn't stroke much,but in contrast her skating is smooth and fast. Of course I know a skater's fastness depends on its condition and even isn't same as today and yesterday.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Hi guys:

Merry Christmas.

I am so happy with Mao and Dai. I know that many Japanese fans cried over their performances.
For Mao, people were holding breath before the 3a, knowing that Mao struggled so hard during this season. For the fan, it is a triumphal moment that proved that Mao's struggle finally paid off.

For Dai, all Japanese fans know that he was still in pain from the collision with Taka 2 weeks ago. Since Dai kept silence about his injury in consideration for Taka, he has garnered a significant respect from fans all over Japan. I saw comments such as " His personality is level 4/" " He has a true spirit of Samurai, not blaming others at all.

After seeing that he skated his heart out, fighting through pain, I found that tears streaming on my cheeks . Jumps, spins or steps, those did not matter to me at all anymore. I felt that I peeked through a beautiful human spirit on display . People say that Dai is a crowd pleaser.What a cheap word! I am not pleased, guys. Instead, I am moved beyond words. His performance this time is not perfect, but it is a kind of performance that remains in people's mind forever.

Thank you. Lovely post.

miki88

Medalist

He's amazingly flexible. Can't wait to see him develop in a few years!

Congrats Mao! You always pull through somehow.
And Congrats to Miki and Kanako!

A rumor says that Mao looks slow on TV or Youtube because she doesn't stroke much,but in contrast her skating is smooth and fast. Of course I know a skater's fastness depends on its condition and even isn't same as today and yesterday.

Yes, I think her speed is fine. Her stroking has actually improved under Sato, so I think her speed is better than last season. Kanako is faster but I also notice that she appears to use a lot of energy during her strokes whereas Mao's looks smoother and more effortless.

Last edited:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to all the medalists, but I'm not happy at all about Suzuki being left off the world team. :cry: She's my favorite of all the current Japanese ladies and I would have had the World team be Ando, Asada, and Suzuki if I could only select 3. I like Murakami too, but all 4 of these ladies are so capable and I don't think Murakami is so much better than Suzuki to justify the JSF to just dump Akiko in favor of her. Time is running out for Suzuki and Murakami has so much more time to develop and I actually feel like this may all be coming too soon, too fast for a skater as young and inexperienced as she is. It's a sad day to be a fan; Japan should have more than 3 Worlds spots in the ladies and men just as Russia should have more than 3 Worlds spots in pairs. :scowl: