Japanese Nationals Dec. 24 to 26 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Japanese Nationals Dec. 24 to 26

treeloving

Medalist

Thank you so much for the video, it seems Yuzuru still has wrong edges take off on his flip.

This is the first time this season that I like Kosuka SP.

Would you mind kindly translating what coach said to skaters if you have time?:biggrin: Thank you so much.

ayayukiituka

On the Ice
Thank you so much for the video, it seems Yuzuru still has wrong edges take off on his flip.

This is the first time this season that I like Kosuka SP.

Would you mind kindly translating what coach said to skaters if you have time?:biggrin: Thank you so much.

I try,but I don't think I have enough English skill to translate them.
Here we go.
Yuzuru- Focus on your program.Stay calm until the end and don't be panic. Let's go!

Koz-Come on,have a confident and skate bravely.Show a lot of audience your performance. Sit up straight and good luck! (pat his back) Mr. Sato's cute:biggrin:

Found Nobu's,too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj1v9oDacD4&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

treeloving

Medalist
I try,but I don't think I have enough English skill to translate them.
Here we go.
Yuzuru- Focus on your program.Stay calm until the end and don't be panic. Let's go!

Koz-Come on,have a confident and skate bravely.Show a lot of audience your performance. Sit up straight and good luck! (pat his back) Mr. Sato's cute:biggrin:

Found Nobu's,too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj1v9oDacD4&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Thank you so much! :yay: Your English is great.:thumbsup:

herios

Medalist
He may be the future for Japan heading into Worlds and the next Olympics.

IMO (the last two years or so) Taka was the best chance for the japanese mens skating going into Sochi. He has all the technical arsenal needed and he could griow by 2014 into a mature skater artistically and he will have the right age, as for me 24-25 seems to be the peak for male skaters.
Oda I feel is the most fragile mentally of the big three, while Dai is inconsistent following his surgery (unfortunately) and he will be past his prime if he sticks around until 2014, which I doubt. But this year, Dai should be still the best if he can get his act together, like he did last year by the time Worlds come around

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I watched the crappy Key Hole, not realizing the better alternative. Got the sound and the results but next to nothing of the skating. :mad: Sadness for Daisuke and frustration, thus the earlier comment that I should have just slept.

Thank goodness for youtube. Kozuka really was above the field in every aspect, deserving his scores relative to the rest though they might be a little inflated seeing he had no quad for such high TES. It looks like Kozuka found the only thing lacking and needed - confidence. Thank you, Uncle Sato. Keep rubbing his back please. Kozuka is a real contender for WC.

Daisuke was not himself at all. His elements were all subpar. He feet kept slipping under him, for his jump landings as well as his spins which resembled twizzles. The PCs were still amazing and his performance was still the best, but not when compared to himself. The energy, spark and sureness were not there. He has not had a good performance worthy of himself and World Champion this season. He has better get over whatever his problems are, including what could have possibly caused by the collision. Seeing he is skating this year because of the WC at home, I wish him the best to end the season with a bang.

What I said about Hanyu after watching him the first time was that he jumped like Plusenko and dressed and performed like Johnny, his two idols. Well, almost. He still has a way to go to match Kozuka, or the real Takahashi. His skating was so much more forced when compared to the likes of Koz, Chan and Dai, even a subpar Dai.

Oda, it was a good performance until the second fall. He just doesn't fall like Chan the champ, who always springs back on his feet and into his program like nothing happened. In both GPF and this Nationals, Nabu lost precious time and his program after the falls, losing both TES and PCS. He has to find his confidence like Koz did if he doesn't want to be the silver medalist in all competitions.

I still hope Daisuke will bring it for the LP.

Nena

Rinkside
Kozuka got level 4s on his spins and steps so that explains the high tech score.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Oooh, the protocol is up?

Nena, I meant no slight to Kozuka at all. It was a flawless high level performance in all aspects. All his elements were executed very well, thus the high TES. I was just curious about his TES base value.

Nena

Rinkside
The protocol isn't up but the interviewer told him he got level 4s on everything. He was surprised that he got a level 4 on the step sequence.

rocketry

Rinkside
Really nice to see such an immaculate performance from Kozuka. I can compartmentalize and enjoy certain aspects of unclean performances, but at the end of the day, a perfectly clean performance is so satisfying. Especially from Kozuka. :biggrin:

I'm really happy to hear he got a level 4 on his steps. I think that's a first. If not, it's a rarity. I never knew if he was aiming for a level 4 and just wasn't rewarded, but I always thought he was more than capable.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
I think the national title is prettymuch Kazuko's now. 10 points is alot to catch up for both Oda and Dai. Dai is only 4 points away from bronze so i'm betting the podium will be the big three. Yanyu might have TES advantage over Dai, but i'm sure the judges will keep his PCS over 10 points behind from the big three in the LP. All Dai has to do is skate clean or nearly clean (no less than one or 2 fall) and he can stay on the podium. Oda, you never know what he will do. He has to stop making silly mistake and need better program/chero or he will the prince of 'Silver' all the time. Can't wait for the ladies. =)

NMURA

Medalist
Judging from the PCS, Hanyu is surely treated as the senior contender. Hanyu can beat Takahashi with just about 5 points higher TES in the FS. Takahashi seems to be struggling with jumps even in practices. He is most likely to fail the quad and one 3A, and could make more errors. Since Takahashi is the first skater in the final flight, the judges will hesitate to give him the huge PCS gift for a flawed performance. I think the top three will stay the same overall.

M

mylastduchess

Is Hanyu old enough to qualify for Worlds, he just turned 16 recently

carignan

Rinkside
Daisuke placed in 4th, affected by the injury. "I'll do my best."
http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20101225-OHT1T00005.htm
He hit hard on his hip and the base of his right leg and got slight whiplash symptoms when Koduka collided into him in the GPF practice.
After more than ten days, "He still has pain." said Utako Nagamitsu. She continued "If I could have a wish come true, I'd like to turn back the clock back to before the GPF."

I don't intend to complain about the collision. Especially Takahiko, who is my second favorite skater. I well know it was an unfortunate accident. But I just want people to know the fact that Daisuke isn't in good physical condition.
To be honest, I'm scared to see Daisuke's skate tonight. Please give him power to skate for 4.5 minutes.

herios

Medalist
I think the national title is prettymuch Kazuko's now. 10 points is alot to catch up for both Oda and Dai. Dai is only 4 points away from bronze so i'm betting the podium will be the big three. Yanyu might have TES advantage over Dai, but i'm sure the judges will keep his PCS over 10 points behind from the big three in the LP. All Dai has to do is skate clean or nearly clean (no less than one or 2 fall) and he can stay on the podium. Oda, you never know what he will do. He has to stop making silly mistake and need better program/chero or he will the prince of 'Silver' all the time. Can't wait for the ladies. =)

Kozuka is in control of his own destiny, as Terry Gannon says. He had skated 3 times on the GP series / final and each and every time he hit all his triples, and just had a flaw on his opening quad (hand down once and two foot twice). If he will manage to do anything close to those performances, he cannot be caught.

I hope he really lays it down and makes a statement that his time has come. I had enough of that annoying label that he is #3 in Japan.
I pray that Daisuke skates well and captures a spot, and then he recovers for spring. it would be a pitty and I would go in mourning if he misses the world team.

Last edited: