Japanese Nationals Dec. 24 to 26 | Golden Skate

Japanese Nationals Dec. 24 to 26

NMURA

Medalist
Official results (English)
http://skatingjapan.jp/National/2010-2011/fs/national_e/index.htm

Probably no live result is provided this time (for TV viewership reasons).

MOI (Exhibition)

Daisuke Takahashi
Nobunari Oda
Takahiko Kozuka
Yasuharu Nanri
Tatsuki Machida
Yuzuru Hanyu
Kento Nakamura
Ryuichi Kihara
Ryuju Hino
Shoma Uno
Mao Asada
Miki Ando
Akiko Suzuki
Fumie Suguri
Kanako Murakami
Haruka Imai
Risa Shoji
Kako Tomotaki
Miyabi Oba
Satoko Miyahara
Takahashi & Tran
Reed & Reed
Komatsubara & Mizutani
Stephane Lambiel
Evgeni Plushenko

genki

On the Ice
Is there any free live streaming of this event?
I know Key hole tv, but it is not live and quality is terrible.

Let me know.

Thanks.

ayayukiituka

On the Ice
No,live streaming or even live TV program isn't available in Japan. Sadly,this means that we have skaters who skates well but not broadcast.
Perhaps they decide who's performances take vids before the competition.

Satoko Miyahara is too young to move on to Sr.national though she won straight 2 times 4th at Jr national.

NMURA

Medalist
Event Schedules

Dec. 24 16:35-20:30 Men SP
Dec. 25 13:00-13:25 Ice Dance SD
Dec. 25 13:25-13:40 Pair FS
Dec. 25 14:00-18:00 Ladies SP
Dec. 25 18:15-22:15 Men FS
Dec. 26 15:00-15:20 Ice Dance FD
Dec. 26 15:35-19:30 Ladies FS

Broadcast Schedules (Fuji TV)

Dec. 24 19:00-20:54 Men SP
Dec. 25 19:15-21:09 Ladies SP
Dec. 25 23:25-24:45 Men FS
Dec. 26 19:50-21:54 Ladies FS
Dec. 27 19:00-20:54 MOI (GALA)

Mirunna

Record Breaker
This translation is taken from Mao Asada's fan forum:

0:11
Q: Allow me to ask a question that I really wanted to ask. How’re your jumps?
Mao: So so. I feel that my practices are on the right track. I think I need to practice repeatedly every day and I also need time.

0:53
Mao: Without landing jumps, nothing really starts. I know what I have to do. I will make it happen as soon as possible.

3:02
Mao: When I don’t bear it in mind, I tend to go back the previous rhythm. But, when I think about it, I become tight and miss the timing. It is very difficult.

3:40
Mao: I think Japanese Nationals is a very good competition for me. I performed very well at Japanese Nationals every time in the past. I should believe in it.

Interviewer: So, you think there is a hope, don’t you?

Mao: I think I should believe in it.

4:14
Mao: I think I’m lucky when it comes to the last chance. It will be a one-shot thing. I will do my best.

There was another interview with Mao, and you can find the translation here:http://kumaneko037.blog103.fc2.com/

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Mao: When I don’t bear it in mind, I tend to go back the previous rhythm. But, when I think about it, I become tight and miss the timing. It is very difficult.

no as optimistic as her interviews in the past. Nationals are not looking good. I think it is very likely she will miss the world team in her home country. sad. I hope this technique change pays off in the end and Mao isn't overshadowed by Murakami or a Russian upstart by 2014!

miki88

Medalist
no as optimistic as her interviews in the past. Nationals are not looking good. I think it is very likely she will miss the world team in her home country. sad. I hope this technique change pays off in the end and Mao isn't overshadowed by Murakami or a Russian upstart by 2014!

I'm not putting too much hope on Kanako. She also has some technique issues that will eventually give her trouble later on.

ayayukiituka

On the Ice
Honestly,I'm feeling Mao'll bring it together because of her latest interview that she seemed like having more confident on jumps except 3A. Besides,she knows it's a last chance for her to make world team,so it's likely not to do too risky.

I see that Miki Ando's skating club is listed as "Toyota Motors." Is this an actual club, or does this just mean that Toyota sponsors her?

NMURA

Medalist
I see that Miki Ando's skating club is listed as "Toyota Motors." Is this an actual club, or does this just mean that Toyota sponsors her?

Ando and Kozuka are employed by Toyota as athletes. The skating rinks of Chukyo University are also located in Toyota city.

Interesting. It's kind of like Lance Armstrong, who I believe rode on a team organized by the United States Postal Service for at least some of his years competing in the Tour de France bicycle race. You used to be able to go to the postal service website to follow his progress. Now, if we could just get these companies to sponsor classical music in the classrooms...!

ayayukiituka

On the Ice
Interesting. It's kind of like Lance Armstrong, who I believe rode on a team organized by the United States Postal Service for at least some of his years competing in the Tour de France bicycle race. You used to be able to go to the postal service website to follow his progress. Now, if we could just get these companies to sponsor classical music in the classrooms...!
There's a story about him on my English textbook!! It surely makes us courage that his recovery from cancer and continuing career.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

From a Chinese translation of an after practice interview, Daisuke expressed uncertainty about his 4T. He has been practicing 4T, intending to perform it, but since it's inconsistent, he may do a 4F instead.

I wrote about the advantages of his doing 4F in the Base Value thread.

I'm going to try to teach myself Japanese this holiday season since I'm already familiar with the Kanji part. Let's see how I'll do and if I would be able to understand all these Japanese skating news "soon". :think: