Japanese Nationals Dec. 24 to 26 | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Japanese Nationals Dec. 24 to 26

jasminum

Rinkside
... and now Japanese Nationals thread has become Chan's thread :hb:

Takahashi is on the Worlds team? Whew! And do I gather that Mao is in a good position after the short? Double whew!

He will make the Worlds team for sure. Mao is 1st after SP, which I hope helps boost her confidence for tomorrow. :party:

herios

Medalist
Who is making Chan's situation seem worse. I am explaining why he is certain to win Worlds with many falls, despite what some people who have their heads stuck in the sand apparently arent seeing. I am in fact pointing out his situation is much better than those who for some bizarre reason think anyone else has a prayer of winning Worlds this year. :laugh:

Just GIVE IT A BREAK, now would you. Nothing is certain in this sport.

seniorita

Record Breaker
two three pages for chan in JN thread? I have half Christmas table in my stomach, i cant read all that, I started skipping, could someone tell me what ladies did and when is it the Lp of Men?
Go Kozu and Hanyu!
And Merry Christmas:)

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Well, the men competition is over. Kozu won, Oda second, Dai a close third. After ladies sp, Mao is first with 66 points, Ando second with 64, Kanako third with 61. Akiko unfortunately is 7th, with 56.(Risa is 4th, Fumie 5th, Yuki Nishino 6th)

Merry Christmas to you too :)

herios

Medalist
two three pages for chan in JN thread? I have half Christmas table in my stomach, i cant read all that, I started skipping, could someone tell me what ladies did and when is it the Lp of Men?
Go Kozu and Hanyu!

Merry Christmas to you too:)

Someone just brought Chan into the picture to compare him with the japanese guys and because of that, the discussion got totally derailed.

Back on topic:

To make it simple, Hanyu failed to make the podium, fizzled in the LP more than the big three.

LP:

Kozuka, Takahashi, Oda, Hanyu

Final result:

Kozuka, Oda, Takahashi, Hanyu

NMURA

Medalist
Kozuka's existence itself is becoming the justification of Patrick Chan scoring. I think they should place Takahashi above Kozuka at least in the FS.

But I'm sure Chan can't win worlds with four falls. Kozuka with two falls can definitely beat him. At least he does't fall more than that.

Tesla

Final Flight
Can someone please create a Chan versus the Japanese men thread and keep Chan out of this one?

treeloving

Medalist
Hanyu cannot sustain for now a LP all the way through. He is not ready yet. It happned all season long, not just here at his nationals. He is for the future, not for now. Juniors do not have the power needed, they will have to work on their cardio off ice.

I will not argue with you that Yuzuru is for the future but not for now. But on the comment about his performance this season, His japanese national performance is the worst he skate this season. He was clean on his jump at both of his grand prix and sectional. However, I agree that his lack of stamina make his step sequen not as good as it shoud be, and it seems to be irony that he performed his best step sequen this season today(in my oppinion)
when his jump is not clean!

I think today result is because of nerve problems and that he miss quad so he may worry about Zayak rules. (this is all just my guess :biggrin:)

Anyway, Akiko please please please have skate of your life tomorrow!!!!!!

Nadia01

Final Flight
Why would you assume a Japanese man to go clean. None of the top 3 Japanese men has done a clean competition all year and rarely has any of the 3 even come close. The Japanese men are likely to all make some mistakes in which case Chan can afford a bunch of falls and still win, and at the GP final it was Chan who skated closer to clean than any of the Japanese men so far this year to boot. You are talking about Chan needing go clean after a splatfest Japanese Nationals just finished? Chan is the HEAVY favorite to win Worlds this year, period. It would be a huge upset if he doesnt. I am not even a fan of Chan but lets be real here please.

He was gifted in Canada (duh), loved in China b/c he's Chinese Canadian.

Japan doesn't love Chan. Japanese fans don't think Chan is the next best thing since the sliced bread (or ootoro!).

If Chan falls 4 times, he's going to lose to Dai. Or Kozuka. None of them have been gifted so embarrassingly.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
"Kozuka's existence itself is becoming the justification of Patrick Chan scoring"

That's right. I actually believe Kozuka was paid by the Canadian Federation to fall 2 times here, to prove that Chan is not the only one winning with falls:yay:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Yes I searched abit after, thanx for all the info, I was a bit lazy!!! I just watched Mao;s program, and I m so happy, never write off a skater like her, last year the same discussions, I ve watched the sp twice so far. Awesome!!!! And Kanako, yey! Too bad for Akiko..
Oh I missed the men with the time difference. But Hanyu has some years in front of him, I m not worried;)
Kozuka Japanese Champion:love:, this is my santa claus gift?:yay::rock::hb:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I think they should place Takahashi above Kozuka at least in the FS.

Based on what? Have you seen their skates yet and studied the protocol?

But I'm sure Chan can't win worlds with four falls. Kozuka with two falls can definitely beat him. At least he does't fall more than that.

Again, based on what?

herios

Medalist
Oh I missed the men with the time difference. But Hanyu has some years in front of him, I m not worried;)
Kozuka Japanese Champion:love:, this is my santa claus gift?:yay::rock::hb:

Nor do I. Hanyu is only 16, others at 18 are still skating in juniors.

Yey indeed for Kozuka, Happy dance for me too

I have half Christmas table in my stomach...
Go Kozu and Hanyu!

Merry Christmas to you too, Seniorita! I'm as thrilled as you are about Mao's SP. Fingers crossed for the long! I feel bad for Akiko, though. And Fumie is all the way up in fifth? Good for her! That lady never gives up, does she. Hey...isn't she one of Nobuo Sato's students? That's surely a good sign for Mao and her longevity.

NMURA

Medalist
Both based on the common senses of viewers and audiences. The judges won't risk the greatest ever protests from the audiences.

I don't think a man can't land a clean quad after 20 attempts is the future of Japan. Kozuka has one (maybe only) chance to win worlds. He is now the home favorite.

Nadia01

Final Flight
Both based on the common senses of viewers and audiences. The judges won't risk the greatest ever protests from the audiences.

I don't think a man can't land a clean quad after 20 attempts is the future of Japan. Kozuka has one (maybe only) chance to win worlds. He is now the home favorite.

Per Arakawa Kozuka was landing 4T just fine during practice. She said it was a shame that he fell.

Also he landed 4T in Vancouver.

I don't think it takes only 20 attempts to master a quad.