Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Japanese Nationals Dec. 24 to 26

Custom Title
    But you refuse to evaluate all contenders that way (equivalent of seven falls), which means that you're jerry-rigging your response to make Chan's situation seem worse.

Banned
    Who is making Chan's situation seem worse. I am explaining why he is certain to win Worlds with many falls, despite what some people who have their heads stuck in the sand apparently arent seeing. I am in fact pointing out his situation is much better than those who for some bizarre reason think anyone else has a prayer of winning Worlds this year.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Who is making Chan's situation seem worse. I am explaining why he is certain to win Worlds with many falls, despite what some people who have their heads stuck in the sand apparently arent seeing. I am in fact pointing out his situation is much better than those who for some bizarre reason think anyone else has a prayer of winning Worlds this year.
    Ok, but if by any reason Chan will not win worlds, do you promiss to stick your head in the sand with us?

Banned
    Sure, feel free to remind me if by some miracle that doesnt happen.

Custom Title
    Actually Chan not only won his first grand prix event easily with 4 falls but he nearly won the 2nd with the equivalent of 7 falls. .
    There you go with your imaginary falls, and alarming near win.

Oda almost won the GPF, the final, not a qualifying round, with 2 falls too, and I don't know how to calculate fall equivalance. What didn't happen, didn't happen. You picking and choosing whatever intolerable probable scenario to vent whatever you like to vent, does not create a fact.

Chan is certain to win Worlds this year with atleast 5 falls. It is foolish to even discuss possible winners of Worlds this year for the men, Chan is already awarded the gold, discuss silver and bronze possibilities
    There you go with your imaginary future event. I will bet you anything Chan will not win with 5 REAL falls if you dare. But I wouldn't dare if you count imaginary falls since that is your unique system with nothing for me to go by, unlike the COP. If you challenge results by the official rules, then I'll engage you. With your judging system, I'm sure you will find falls even if Chan does win with clean or cleaner programs than the others.

Speaking of COP and unfair judging and Japanese skaters, I do find the COE deductions too severe on Oda's second fall in the GPF LP. He had landed the 2A really well before he fell for whatever reason. Too bad the fall was attributed to the element.

On the Ice
    ... and now Japanese Nationals thread has become Chan's thread

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Takahashi is on the Worlds team? Whew! And do I gather that Mao is in a good position after the short? Double whew!
    He will make the Worlds team for sure. Mao is 1st after SP, which I hope helps boost her confidence for tomorrow.

Custom Title
    Just GIVE IT A BREAK, now would you. Nothing is certain in this sport.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    two three pages for chan in JN thread? I have half Christmas table in my stomach, i cant read all that, I started skipping, could someone tell me what ladies did and when is it the Lp of Men?
    Go Kozu and Hanyu!
    And Merry Christmas

Custom Title
    Well, the men competition is over. Kozu won, Oda second, Dai a close third. After ladies sp, Mao is first with 66 points, Ando second with 64, Kanako third with 61. Akiko unfortunately is 7th, with 56.(Risa is 4th, Fumie 5th, Yuki Nishino 6th)

Merry Christmas to you too

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    two three pages for chan in JN thread? I have half Christmas table in my stomach, i cant read all that, I started skipping, could someone tell me what ladies did and when is it the Lp of Men?
    Go Kozu and Hanyu!
    And Merry Christmas
    Merry Christmas to you too

Someone just brought Chan into the picture to compare him with the japanese guys and because of that, the discussion got totally derailed.

Back on topic:

To make it simple, Hanyu failed to make the podium, fizzled in the LP more than the big three.

LP:

Kozuka, Takahashi, Oda, Hanyu

Final result:

Kozuka, Oda, Takahashi, Hanyu

Custom Title
    Kozuka's existence itself is becoming the justification of Patrick Chan scoring. I think they should place Takahashi above Kozuka at least in the FS.

But I'm sure Chan can't win worlds with four falls. Kozuka with two falls can definitely beat him. At least he does't fall more than that.

Whippet Good!
    Can someone please create a Chan versus the Japanese men thread and keep Chan out of this one?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    Hanyu cannot sustain for now a LP all the way through. He is not ready yet. It happned all season long, not just here at his nationals. He is for the future, not for now. Juniors do not have the power needed, they will have to work on their cardio off ice.
    I will not argue with you that Yuzuru is for the future but not for now. But on the comment about his performance this season, His japanese national performance is the worst he skate this season. He was clean on his jump at both of his grand prix and sectional. However, I agree that his lack of stamina make his step sequen not as good as it shoud be, and it seems to be irony that he performed his best step sequen this season today(in my oppinion)
    when his jump is not clean!

I think today result is because of nerve problems and that he miss quad so he may worry about Zayak rules. (this is all just my guess )

Anyway, Akiko please please please have skate of your life tomorrow!!!!!!

Why would you assume a Japanese man to go clean. None of the top 3 Japanese men has done a clean competition all year and rarely has any of the 3 even come close. The Japanese men are likely to all make some mistakes in which case Chan can afford a bunch of falls and still win, and at the GP final it was Chan who skated closer to clean than any of the Japanese men so far this year to boot. You are talking about Chan needing go clean after a splatfest Japanese Nationals just finished? Chan is the HEAVY favorite to win Worlds this year, period. It would be a huge upset if he doesnt. I am not even a fan of Chan but lets be real here please.
    He was gifted in Canada (duh), loved in China b/c he's Chinese Canadian.

Japan doesn't love Chan. Japanese fans don't think Chan is the next best thing since the sliced bread (or ootoro!).

If Chan falls 4 times, he's going to lose to Dai. Or Kozuka. None of them have been gifted so embarrassingly.

Custom Title
    "Kozuka's existence itself is becoming the justification of Patrick Chan scoring"

That's right. I actually believe Kozuka was paid by the Canadian Federation to fall 2 times here, to prove that Chan is not the only one winning with falls

Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast