Japanese Nationals Dec. 24 to 26 | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Japanese Nationals Dec. 24 to 26

treeloving

Medalist
Hi guys:

Merry Christmas.

I am so happy with Mao and Dai. I know that many Japanese fans cried over their performances.
For Mao, people were holding breath before the 3a, knowing that Mao struggled so hard during this season. For the fan, it is a triumphal moment that proved that Mao's struggle finally paid off.

For Dai, all Japanese fans know that he was still in pain from the collision with Taka 2 weeks ago. Since Dai kept silence about his injury in consideration for Taka, he has garnered a significant respect from fans all over Japan. I saw comments such as " His personality is level 4/" " He has a true spirit of Samurai, not blaming others at all.

After seeing that he skated his heart out, fighting through pain, I found that tears streaming on my cheeks . Jumps, spins or steps, those did not matter to me at all anymore. I felt that I peeked through a beautiful human spirit on display . People say that Dai is a crowd pleaser.What a cheap word! I am not pleased, guys. Instead, I am moved beyond words. His performance this time is not perfect, but it is a kind of performance that remains in people's mind forever.

Thank you, thank you so much for posting this:thumbsup::thumbsup: :clap::clap:

Dai has level 4 personality and spirit as well as that you are level 4 skating fan.

So does that mean Hanyu's season is over? Wonder if he will be sent to junior worlds.

I hope he will be sent to 4CC.Please please Japanese Federation I want to see him one more time:bow:

Last edited:

Morning Glory

On the Ice
Please let us know, what the background interviews are about briefly, if you understand japanese...Thank you!

Really briefly, if there are mistakes, please someone correct me.

Kozuka:

Q: How do you think about your score?

A: I don't know how to say as I had falls... I have mixed feelings. My score was higher than I've expected.

Q: Your SP was perfect yesterday. How do you prepare for today's FP?

A: Yesterday, my performance was almost perfect in every part. Today, I feel it difficult to controle myself.

Q: So you feel the difficulty in the position who are chased by other skaters?

A: In my first Nats(2004), I won SP but could not skate well in FP. Though I don't want to do the same thing again, the Nats are special for me and something took my stamina.

Q: Now, you are at the first place.

A: I dare not to think about the standing, but if I'm still at the first place after all skaters finigh skating, it will be nice.

Last edited:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Ouch to Hanyu's 3A. And despite the falls, Kozuka's really upped the presentation of his programs. His power and projection have definitely improved this season.

Morning Glory

On the Ice
Oda:

Q: How do you think about your performance?

A: Totally bad...I could not succeed the Quads throughout this competition. In FP, I had no speed and could not pay attention to the transition. It's regrettable not to win the title. I try to do my best performances at the next competition.

Hanyu:

Q: How was your performance?

A: I was too eager to do more, and it backfired. It caused strain and I lost the timing for the jumps.

Q: Now, your are at the third place.

A: I'm not satisfied with my performance. I want to do the flawless performances at the future competitions.

TCAngel18

Medalist
OMG, I just watched Miki's SP, and I have to say, I was duly impressed, especially with the artistry....who knew you could put Miki Ando and great artistry in the same sentence? Her hunched back was pretty much non-existent in that program. It seems as though she is keeping both arms level and changed the speed of her stroking, you can tell it is new for her, as it did seem a little forced, and her back showed some movement, but not pumping up and down like Yulia Lavrenchuk. And her spins have immensely improved, save that little mess-up during the combo spin at the end. As long as she sticks with the Kwan-esque "I don't really have that much hip to back flexibility, so keep my free leg close to the body, without much knee bend", the spin will be a success. The only thing that kept the program from being a 70 plus program, IMO, was her SLSS...still slow, and not enough variety of movement. Her stroking in the program gave her more speed, but come time for the steps, her speed left the building. But overall, great program! Haven't seen Mao's yet, I hope she deserved her marks, I've already seen people's reaction to Miki's and Mao's PCS being as close as they were, and based on what was presented on the ice by Miki today, 7.5 to 8 is acceptable.

Nena

Rinkside
Oda:

Q: How do you think about your performance?

A: Totally bad...I could not succeed the Quads throughout this competition. In FP, I had no speed and could not pay attention to the transition. It's regrettable not to win the title. I try to do my best performances at the next competition.

Hanyu:

Q: How was your performance?

A: I was too eager to do more, and it backfired. It caused strain and I lost the timing for the jumps.

Q: Now, your are at the third place.

A: I'm not satisfied with my performance. I want to do the flawless performances at the future competitions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YZvprWoHk8

Can you translate what Daisuke said too?

zizi31

Rinkside
Is anyone watching live? Could you please update us on what's going on? How many skaters are left till the final group?

ks777

Record Breaker
Wow, Roannasari Oshikawa's program's taking forever! :p

lol, sorry I was taking my dog for a walk. She wouldn't poop so I had to wait.. I didn't want her to wake me up 2 in the morning.

Now it's after midnight so I have go to bed.

Muramoto is in 1st place right now.

1. Muramoto 140.32
2. Goto 139.60
3. Imai 139.55

ks777

Record Breaker
Right now, Seto is on the ice and she is the last skater of the 2nd group.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I have no doubt I would have felt the same way about Daisuke's long program. To me, skating isn't just about numbers and GOE's, although of course they're important. Like any performance art, skating is at its best when it conveys something about the human spirit--both the particular spirit of the skater and something in all of humanity. You're right: "crowd pleaser" doesn't begin to explain what such a skater gives to his viewers.

I loved Takahashi´s freeskate very much, he is soooo fantastic in his music interpretation. Skating is though also about numbers, GOE´s, etc., but that is the job of the choreographer. The skater´s job is to skate and interpret the music as well as she/he can....

NMURA

Medalist
1 Akiko Suzuki 56.86 119.10 175.96
2 Shoko Ishikawa 49.04 100.59 149.63
3 Kana Muramoto 46.32 94.00 140.32
4 Ayumi Goto 46.06 93.54 139.60
5 Haruka Imai 45.96 93.59 139.55
6 Haruna Suzuki 46.62 88.79 135.41
7 Yuka Kono 46.30 82.57 128.87
8 Roanna Sari Oshikawa 42.62 85.94 128.56
9 Shion Kokubun 42.82 77.41 120.23
10 Ayane Nakamura 42.82 74.58 117.40