Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Japanese Nationals Dec. 24 to 26

Custom Title
    This is the first time she is wearing it. And she does look beautiful

Custom Title
    Hi Skatefiguring and Olympia

Thank you for appreciating my comment.

I was thinking of something related to that today while watching an old Nutcracker on Ice program that they reran on American TV. It starred Oksana Baiul in her prime, maybe 1995, and as I watched her, I realized that some skaters just let you see what skating is really for. Daisuke is that kind of skater most of the time anyway, but he must have increased that quality a hundredfold during this competition.
    Yes, to this day, I felt that nobody came close to Oksana's Swan in terms of the artistic impact on human mind.
    I was flabbergasted to hear that ISU actually used Oksana's performance as a bad example, because she paused so much!!
    Hell with them.

The reason why I watch skating is to see the performance like Dai's which gives me shivers through my spine, deprives of my control of tear glands and grabs my soul to the core. Yeah, some idiots say, oh, it is so subjective. No not really. It is so hard to measure by numbers, but it's there. You can feel it from the air of arena, and also from the reaction from the audience. It is unseen but cleanly electrifying physic energy which emanates from each individul in arena, that you will never miss if you are there.

Anyway, I feel so lucky today to know that two members of this skating board share the same feeling about figure skating performance.
    Among American skaters, I specially like Jeremy Abort this year.His FS(Life is beautiful) has a quality like Dai's that I cherish so much.

Can not wait for US nationals!!

Custom Title
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymZbzI_xw28

saw this program before heading out, wow, you go, girl!

Custom Title
    Kozuka LP video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1INNIAPacPE

Oda:

http://www.youtube.com/user/spfsd01#p/u/0/nDrIV32mOq4

Hanyu:

http://www.youtube.com/user/spfsd01#p/u/1/0lnhgHp7oM8

Please let us know, what the background interviews are about briefly, if you understand japanese...Thank you!

Custom Title
    So does that mean Hanyu's season is over? Wonder if he will be sent to junior worlds.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    So does that mean Hanyu's season is over? Wonder if he will be sent to junior worlds.
    It would make sense to have him skate at junior worlds once again, Adam Rippon got two JW titles, didn't he?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by genki View Post
    Hi guys:

Merry Christmas.

I am so happy with Mao and Dai. I know that many Japanese fans cried over their performances.
    For Mao, people were holding breath before the 3a, knowing that Mao struggled so hard during this season. For the fan, it is a triumphal moment that proved that Mao's struggle finally paid off.

For Dai, all Japanese fans know that he was still in pain from the collision with Taka 2 weeks ago. Since Dai kept silence about his injury in consideration for Taka, he has garnered a significant respect from fans all over Japan. I saw comments such as " His personality is level 4/" " He has a true spirit of Samurai, not blaming others at all.

After seeing that he skated his heart out, fighting through pain, I found that tears streaming on my cheeks . Jumps, spins or steps, those did not matter to me at all anymore. I felt that I peeked through a beautiful human spirit on display . People say that Dai is a crowd pleaser.What a cheap word! I am not pleased, guys. Instead, I am moved beyond words. His performance this time is not perfect, but it is a kind of performance that remains in people's mind forever.
    Thank you, thank you so much for posting this

Dai has level 4 personality and spirit as well as that you are level 4 skating fan.

Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    I hope he will be sent to 4CC.Please please Japanese Federation I want to see him one more time
    Last edited by treeloving; 12-26-2010 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    Please let us know, what the background interviews are about briefly, if you understand japanese...Thank you!
    Really briefly, if there are mistakes, please someone correct me.

Kozuka:

Q: How do you think about your score?

A: I don't know how to say as I had falls... I have mixed feelings. My score was higher than I've expected.

Q: Your SP was perfect yesterday. How do you prepare for today's FP?

A: Yesterday, my performance was almost perfect in every part. Today, I feel it difficult to controle myself.

Q: So you feel the difficulty in the position who are chased by other skaters?

A: In my first Nats(2004), I won SP but could not skate well in FP. Though I don't want to do the same thing again, the Nats are special for me and something took my stamina.

Q: Now, you are at the first place.

A: I dare not to think about the standing, but if I'm still at the first place after all skaters finigh skating, it will be nice.
    Last edited by Morning Glory; 12-26-2010 at 01:54 AM.

Custom Title
    Ouch to Hanyu's 3A. And despite the falls, Kozuka's really upped the presentation of his programs. His power and projection have definitely improved this season.

Oda:

Q: How do you think about your performance?

A: Totally bad...I could not succeed the Quads throughout this competition. In FP, I had no speed and could not pay attention to the transition. It's regrettable not to win the title. I try to do my best performances at the next competition.

Hanyu:

Q: How was your performance?

A: I was too eager to do more, and it backfired. It caused strain and I lost the timing for the jumps.

Q: Now, your are at the third place.

A: I'm not satisfied with my performance. I want to do the flawless performances at the future competitions.

OMG, I just watched Miki's SP, and I have to say, I was duly impressed, especially with the artistry....who knew you could put Miki Ando and great artistry in the same sentence? Her hunched back was pretty much non-existent in that program. It seems as though she is keeping both arms level and changed the speed of her stroking, you can tell it is new for her, as it did seem a little forced, and her back showed some movement, but not pumping up and down like Yulia Lavrenchuk. And her spins have immensely improved, save that little mess-up during the combo spin at the end. As long as she sticks with the Kwan-esque "I don't really have that much hip to back flexibility, so keep my free leg close to the body, without much knee bend", the spin will be a success. The only thing that kept the program from being a 70 plus program, IMO, was her SLSS...still slow, and not enough variety of movement. Her stroking in the program gave her more speed, but come time for the steps, her speed left the building. But overall, great program! Haven't seen Mao's yet, I hope she deserved her marks, I've already seen people's reaction to Miki's and Mao's PCS being as close as they were, and based on what was presented on the ice by Miki today, 7.5 to 8 is acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory View Post
    Really briefly, if there are mistakes, please someone collect me.
    Correct

mylastduchess
    Shouldn't it be starting now?

yeah it just started. Aki Sawada is on the ice right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    Correct
    Thank you

I always confuse them.

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast