Japanese Nationals Dec. 24 to 26 | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Japanese Nationals Dec. 24 to 26

Nadia01

Final Flight
Watched it on TV.

Akiko...well...she's my sentimental favorite, but she wasn't top 3 best today. W/ flawed SP & LP, she wasn't going to make top 3.

Kanako was good, but her LP didn't have the usual spark. But no mistake.

Mao was also good, and it was lovely to see her smile throughout the program and so on.

Miki really deserved to win. She was very good, and her jump layout was by far the most difficult out of all the ladies, and she nailed everything.

sigrid

On the Ice
I'm so happy for Kanako, I'm sorry for Akiko, but IMO Kanako deserves it after her GP season and her Nationals programs. She earned that Worlds spot.
Miki did a great job, and I don't like Mao's programs but she's skated her best so far this season

Congrats to the medalists

skfan

Final Flight
Watched it on TV.

Akiko...well...she's my sentimental favorite, but she wasn't top 3 best today. W/ flawed SP & LP, she wasn't going to make top 3.

Kanako was good, but her LP didn't have the usual spark. But no mistake.

Mao was also good, and it was lovely to see her smile throughout the program and so on.

Miki really deserved to win. She was very good, and her jump layout was by far the most difficult out of all the ladies, and she nailed everything.

what really thrills me is what you said about mao's smile throughout the program. i loved her TEB liebestraum program not for the flawless jumps but because she seemed to really enjoy moments within it. it's the one program from this season that i rewatch over and over

Miki & Mao congratulating each other. I haven't seen a ladies podium this warm for quite a while!! We're used to the civil hands-around-without-actually-touching sort of gestures these days :biggrin:
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/photos/sports/other/101226/oth1012261927020-p5.jpg

that's very warm indeed. i'm so happy. i like akiko too but mao and miki have become my two favorite japanese ladies (mao was always up there, but miki took a step up this season). i just love how happy mao looks. so happy both these ladies will be at worlds in japan.

Congrats to Miki, Mao and Kanako. Sad for Akiko tho.

i hear that akiko's long program was flawed, so can't argue with the results, but i too wish akiko could represent japan in worlds this year. to me kanako needs a little more refinement and smoothness--of course she already has spark and personality. anyway, i'm just SOOOOOO happy mao made it.

dlgpffps

Final Flight
A rumor says that Mao looks slow on TV or Youtube because she doesn't stroke much,but in contrast her skating is smooth and fast. Of course I know a skater's fastness depends on its condition and even isn't same as today and yesterday.

I got to see her twice in Canada (2007 SC back when I lived in Chicago, 2009 4CC during Chinese New Year break). She's smooth and very soft, but definitely slow in comparison.

Congratulations to all three ladies! Though like many of you I am sorry Suzuki won't be on the Worlds team, I'm so glad (and relieved) that Mao is there. And she did it in splendid style. This just goes to show...never count that kid out. She doesn't know the meaning of defeat. When people talk about the mental toughness needed for a skater, they can put a photo of Asada next to the definition.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
any video links for kanao,miki and suzuki???

just watch Mao andshe isn't slow at all. She doesn't stroke alot, but she is one of those skater that can glide easily and fast with out too much work.

Morning Glory

On the Ice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YZvprWoHk8

Can you translate what Daisuke said too?

Q: How was your performance?

A: As audience cheered me up from the warming up, I could skate comfortably to the end. I'm happy to skate pleasantly despite the mistakes.

Q: You tried the quad.

A: In the official practice, I could stand on one leg. It was not perfect, but I had a feeling that I could land it. My quad in the competition was not bad, so I think I will do better in the future competitions.

Q: Yesterday, you said " I have no idea why I made the mistakes". How was today's condition?

A: Today, I could control myself. It's regrettable to fail the last jump, but during skating I knew what I did.

Q: Now, you are waiting for the final results.

A: I don't care which standing I will be, if only I can be on the podium. I do want to go to Worlds. Today, I'm really happy as I could show the performance which I enjoyed myself.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
To all those complaining Akiko made mistakes and Murakami skated very well so Akiko deserved to be off the team. Anyway as I expected none of the Japanese ladies impressed that much or showed to be any threat to Yu Na Kim for Worlds. I guess we will need to wait for U.S Nationals or Europeans to see if anyone does. It is good to see Mao skating better but obviously still has a long way to go to be anywhere near her best again.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Congratulations to all three ladies! Though like many of you I am sorry Suzuki won't be on the Worlds team, I'm so glad (and relieved) that Mao is there. And she did it in splendid style. This just goes to show...never count that kid out. She doesn't know the meaning of defeat. When people talk about the mental toughness needed for a skater, they can put a photo of Asada next to the definition.

I simply love your posts, you actually say what I would want to say about Mao, only you do it better:yay:
I'm so proud of Mao :)

Nena

Rinkside
To all those complaining Akiko made mistakes and Murakami skated very well so Akiko deserved to be off the team. Anyway as I expected none of the Japanese ladies impressed that much or showed to be any threat to Yu Na Kim for Worlds. I guess we will need to wait for U.S Nationals or Europeans to see if anyone does. It is good to see Mao skating better but obviously still has a long way to go to be anywhere near her best again.

I think we can say that Miki is a threat for Yuna. We don't know what Yuna's layout will be yet and she hasn't skated all season so it's not 100% certain that she will win Worlds.

miki88

Medalist
I think we can say that Miki is a threat for Yuna. We don't know what Yuna's layout will be yet and she hasn't skated all season so it's not 100% certain that she will win Worlds.

I guess we should never count Miki out. Last season, she seemed to lose steam as the season passed but this year she's been maintaining her momentum. When worlds was held in Japan last time, she won. So you'll never know.

lavender

Record Breaker
Congrats Miki and Mao. I knew Miki would probably win. She's just soo consistent. Mao's getting better and I'm so happy she will probably get to go to worlds. I was so worried about her.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
I though there is a "moment" between Miki and Morozov after the score come out, where they look at each other face really really close. lol

wonderlen3000

Final Flight

I think right now both Yuna and Miki jump content will be almost the same (2 Lutz, 2 Toe, 1 Salcow and Flip(yuna) and Loop(miki). Their TES will be almost the same, barring how many jumps are layout after 1/2 way mark. Miki 3Loop in the SP was just gigantic, and def deserve +2GOE. Mao will come close to them, if she can land all her jumps contents clean, but having no ture lutz, she is already in 3 points behind.