Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: Japanese Nationals Dec. 24 to 26

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory View Post
    I've watched Mao's performance. It's not perfect, 3A is probably UR, flutz, doubled salcow, no 3 combo, and slow compared to Kanako, but totally beautifull program! Conratulations, Mao

Who goes Worlds??
    Slow? She's usually relatively fast isn't she? I forgot to tune in just now, only in time to watch 2nd half of Ando's program.

Custom Title
    And Miki did even better!!!!!!!!!

Custom Title
    Just finish watching boardcast, Congrat Miki!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You really deserve to be champion!

p.s. Seeing Miki win with such a deserving performance and know that Yuzuru will be sent to 4CC make my day, but I really feel Akiko was dumped.
    Last edited by treeloving; 12-26-2010 at 07:45 AM.

Custom Title
    I agree. Her program was beautiful. She seems to have more musicality now, compared to when I first started watching her. However, in her interview, she said it wasn't the best skate, she could still do better or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by luckykid View Post
    Slow? She's usually relatively fast isn't she? I forgot to tune in just now, only in time to watch 2nd half of Ando's program.
    Yesterday she was fast but today she seemd to be cautious, or it was because I was so nervous?

Custom Title
    A rumor says that Mao looks slow on TV or Youtube because she doesn't stroke much,but in contrast her skating is smooth and fast. Of course I know a skater's fastness depends on its condition and even isn't same as today and yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by genki View Post
    Hi guys:

Merry Christmas.

I am so happy with Mao and Dai. I know that many Japanese fans cried over their performances.
    For Mao, people were holding breath before the 3a, knowing that Mao struggled so hard during this season. For the fan, it is a triumphal moment that proved that Mao's struggle finally paid off.

For Dai, all Japanese fans know that he was still in pain from the collision with Taka 2 weeks ago. Since Dai kept silence about his injury in consideration for Taka, he has garnered a significant respect from fans all over Japan. I saw comments such as " His personality is level 4/" " He has a true spirit of Samurai, not blaming others at all.

After seeing that he skated his heart out, fighting through pain, I found that tears streaming on my cheeks . Jumps, spins or steps, those did not matter to me at all anymore. I felt that I peeked through a beautiful human spirit on display . People say that Dai is a crowd pleaser.What a cheap word! I am not pleased, guys. Instead, I am moved beyond words. His performance this time is not perfect, but it is a kind of performance that remains in people's mind forever.
    Thank you. Lovely post.

Custom Title
    Yuzuru does an ina bauer?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by luckykid View Post
    Yuzuru does an ina bauer?
    Yes.

Custom Title
    Oooh that's cool. I saw a glimpse of it just now and I thought I saw wrongly lol.

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by treeloving View Post
    Yes.
    He's amazingly flexible. Can't wait to see him develop in a few years!

Congrats Mao! You always pull through somehow.
    And Congrats to Miki and Kanako!

Quote Originally Posted by ayayukiituka View Post
    A rumor says that Mao looks slow on TV or Youtube because she doesn't stroke much,but in contrast her skating is smooth and fast. Of course I know a skater's fastness depends on its condition and even isn't same as today and yesterday.
    Yes, I think her speed is fine. Her stroking has actually improved under Sato, so I think her speed is better than last season. Kanako is faster but I also notice that she appears to use a lot of energy during her strokes whereas Mao's looks smoother and more effortless.
    Last edited by miki88; 12-26-2010 at 08:03 AM.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Congrats to all the medalists, but I'm not happy at all about Suzuki being left off the world team. She's my favorite of all the current Japanese ladies and I would have had the World team be Ando, Asada, and Suzuki if I could only select 3. I like Murakami too, but all 4 of these ladies are so capable and I don't think Murakami is so much better than Suzuki to justify the JSF to just dump Akiko in favor of her. Time is running out for Suzuki and Murakami has so much more time to develop and I actually feel like this may all be coming too soon, too fast for a skater as young and inexperienced as she is. It's a sad day to be a fan; Japan should have more than 3 Worlds spots in the ladies and men just as Russia should have more than 3 Worlds spots in pairs.

Congratulations, Miki! Your fans are proud! I'm also very happy for Mao and Kanako!

Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    Pangtongfan will be pissed.

Custom Title
    Miki & Mao congratulating each other. I haven't seen a ladies podium this warm for quite a while!! We're used to the civil hands-around-without-actually-touching sort of gestures these days
    http://sankei.jp.msn.com/photos/spor...1927020-p5.jpg

Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast