Japanese Nationals Dec. 24 to 26 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Japanese Nationals Dec. 24 to 26

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Will note that Risa Shoji had quite the impressive run! 4th after the short. Not bad for a freshly-minted Japanese Junior champ! She did better than Kanako did last year!

treeloving

Medalist
Let's wait to see the programs. I don't agree that twofoots deserve automatic -3. A twofoot is not a fall.

I agree, we should wait and see the program. Anyway, on isu Communication No. 1611 it states that errors for which final GOE must be in the minute of 2 foot landing is -3.

Anyway,I admire Mao so much! :thumbsup:

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Can't wait for youtube posting of Mao, Miki, Kanako & Akiko's performances!

christinaskater

Medalist
I like Risa Shoji!

So sad for Akiko and Haruka, it seems like the WORLD team has been set, Mao, Miki and Kanako! I wish Akiko can make a comeback and who knows win the free skate. She has done so well so I pray that she would be able to do so much better in the Free skate .

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I like Risa Shoji!

So sad for Akiko and Haruka, it seems like the WORLD team has been set, Mao, Miki and Kanako! I wish Akiko can make a comeback and who knows win the free skate. She has done so well so I pray that she would be able to do so much better in the Free skate .

I think it's totally possible. She's a great comeback FS skater. With the exception of a few competitions, she's always gone up a few spots after the FS. Question is will it be enough to get her on the podium and onto worlds?

luckykid

On the Ice
Did the commentator say Haruna Suzuki is in 1st year of junior high? If so, she's good for that age.
And Yuki Nishino's program was lovely.

Trewyn

Medalist
So sad for Akiko :( Hope she can come back in the FS but it looks like the world is set on having Mao, Miki and Kanako on the World Team :(

christinaskater

Medalist
As much as I love Akiko, it seems like that Mao, Miki and Kanako will be going to the Worlds :(

Here comes the final group!

luckykid

On the Ice
I don't like Kanako's costume. I'm not sure how she looks in those more elegant type of dress though. Risa's was especially elegant for her age.