Ladies - White or Tan Boots? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies - White or Tan Boots?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I've never minded the tights over boots look. Now that's it's discussed, I can think of practical side of hiding less than prestine white boots, which is more of a burden on the Ladies than on the Men with their black boots usually continuing with black pants. The over boot tights also secure the laces in place so it's a good safety measure.

Esthetically, to each his or her own. I still don't like white boots or shoes with black or other dark clored elegant dresses.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I like the look of over the boot tights so much more. It makes the legs look long and thin and the feet look smaller. If one must show the boot, then tan boots are my preference. A skater needs excellent turnout and tow point (yes, like Michelle in that picture posted above) to get away with white boot, imo, especially a shorter skater.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Slightly OT, but I wonder whether Alissa wears leather boots, or synthetic (if it exists?), since she is a vegan.

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
I used to loathe OTB tights. Now, even though I prefer white in most cases I think it depends on the skater's leg shape, how they wear their boot and foot size compared to leg size. In all cases I hate the half over the boot look. It does not look good on anyone.

The worse case of OTB tights is with Akiko Suzuki she has muscular (which looks lumpy) legs and on top of that she doesn't tie the tops of her boots tight so the tounge sticks out and even more so when she's pointing her toe. It looks terrible IMO. http://cdn.wn.com/pd/e1/77/d53df4e93c7627eb1c10b66fc772_grande.jpg

I'd like to see Carolina in OTB tights. Her ankles are so thin in comparison to the rest of her leg I think it would help balance her out http://www.goiceinternational.com/W06 WEB PHOTOS/W06 Carolina Kostner c.jpg

Tan skates are hard. They have to be just the right color and just the right amount of shine. I've only seen a few skaters that I like them on.

Phil Cohen

Rinkside
My view(a male,straight view) is that I prefer things as I have seen them at rinks in my region that I have gone to in the past 24 years, in that the female recreational, competing & performing skaters wear white boots, while the female coaches & instructors wear tan or beige. It's a way of easily identifying who the coaches & instructors are!