Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The USA Men at Nats - Which 3 will make the World Team?

Question The USA Men at Nats - Which 3 will make the World Team?

Jeremy Abbott
    Brandon Mroz
    Adam Rippon
    Ross Miner
    Armin Mahbahnoozedah
    Stephen Carriere

(Others elligible (?): Lysacek, Weir, Dornbush, Bradley)

I would go for Jeremy and Brandon for two and if a third; Armin.
    Last edited by Joesitz; 12-16-2010 at 05:23 PM.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Jeremy Abbott, Brandon Mroz, and Adam Rippon are locked in. If Ryan Bradley comes back in good form that can change, however.

Tripping on the Podium
    It will most likely be Abbott, Rippon and Mroz. But Mahbahnoozadeh and Dornbush do have a chance. Dornbush has the 2nd highest score of the US men so far this season.
    I don't really expect Bradley to do well in his first competition of the season. Can he still do quads?

Custom Title
    Joe, there are 3 men going to Worlds from US, not 2, so can you change the title??

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    I think the lens event is more wide open than its been in years. Abbott is the favorite to win I think but he is inconsistent. so much so he could not even make the top 3 if everyone else skates well. Adam has been skating very well, I can't se him off the podium. Morz has been gaining steam but Armin also looks really strong this year.

I didn't know Bradley was still competing. why wasn't he on the GP?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Jeremy Abbott, Brandon Mroz, and Adam Rippon are locked in. If Ryan Bradley comes back in good form that can change, however.

Nobody is actually locked it, where is this coming from?

I think it's going to be Abbott, and then some combination of Mahbanoozadeh, Bradley, Rippon, or Mroz. My guess is gonna be Rippon and Mroz, but idk.

I haven't been a big fan of Armin in the past - but think if he skates close to his best he could shake up the podium
    Remember, Mroz is a jumper and if his big tricks fail he can easily find himself off the podium.

Jeremy has much more wiggle room, is a two time Natl champion and GPF champion. His pcs, which are tpically deserved can carry him on an off night.

If Rippon lands a clean 3A and doesn't miss too badly on his second 3A he is a lock.

I don't know Dornbush well enough - but Ryan will have to skate really well for US Skating to go with him over some of the youngsters.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Ryan is coming back?

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post

I didn't know Bradley was still competing. why wasn't he on the GP?
    Because of a foot injury. That's why he did so badly at Worlds. I don't know how he's doing now but I doubt he can land any of the big jumps well after being off the ice for so long.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nena View Post
    It will most likely be Abbott, Rippon and Mroz. But Mahbahnoozadeh and Dornbush do have a chance. Dornbush has the 2nd highest score of the US men so far this season.
    Dornbush is planning to go to Junior Worlds, though. Right?

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Dornbush is planning to go to Junior Worlds, though. Right?
    Yes. But if he's on the podium for Senior Nationals, I don't know why they wouldn't send him to Senior Worlds. He's already 19 and so much better than all the other Junior skaters so I don't think he should still be skating with the Juniors.

Custom Title
    Ryan Bradley has a quad and some triples. He really doesn't have all the triples or is consistent with the ones he can dol. He can be really good sometimes when he puts them together. I would like to see him do well if he returns. He can be very entertaining if not "sophisticated" enough for some "skating snob elites"

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I see Abott , Mroz and Rippon as more realistic option.
    But If USFF asked me I would send Abott, Bradley and Armin... but they never ask me

Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    Joe, there are 3 men going to Worlds from US, not 2, so can you change the title??
    Thanks Herios. I changed it. At my age, I am definitely loosin it.

There was a time, when I thought Adam woould shake up the World Men's Dvision, but I've begun to lose interest in the past few years. He had a tough time to get the 3A and still it is a bit shaky. I think a quad would be out of the question which puts him in Armin's league on the Tech side. Armin has that personality which has always been a hidden factor in judges' minds. When you think about personalith how many skaters have IT? Candeloro maybe.

I'll be looking for Dornbush whom I've seen many times but not this year. Whatever that performance was he gave at JGPF can it be repeated?

I expect Abbott to be good on home ice - not much expectation beyond, If he can prove me wrong about beyond, I'd be happy. Lyical Men skaters can lose to over-the-top bravura skaters. Exception, of course, Jeffrey Buttle.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast