The USA Men at Nats - Which 3 will make the World Team? | Golden Skate

The USA Men at Nats - Which 3 will make the World Team?

Jeremy Abbott
Brandon Mroz
Adam Rippon
Ross Miner
Armin Mahbahnoozedah
Stephen Carriere

(Others elligible (?): Lysacek, Weir, Dornbush, Bradley)

I would go for Jeremy and Brandon for two and if a third; Armin.

Last edited:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Jeremy Abbott, Brandon Mroz, and Adam Rippon are locked in. If Ryan Bradley comes back in good form that can change, however.

Nena

Rinkside
It will most likely be Abbott, Rippon and Mroz. But Mahbahnoozadeh and Dornbush do have a chance. Dornbush has the 2nd highest score of the US men so far this season.
I don't really expect Bradley to do well in his first competition of the season. Can he still do quads?

herios

Medalist
Joe, there are 3 men going to Worlds from US, not 2, so can you change the title??

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I think the lens event is more wide open than its been in years. Abbott is the favorite to win I think but he is inconsistent. so much so he could not even make the top 3 if everyone else skates well. Adam has been skating very well, I can't se him off the podium. Morz has been gaining steam but Armin also looks really strong this year.

I didn't know Bradley was still competing. why wasn't he on the GP?

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I think it's going to be Abbott, and then some combination of Mahbanoozadeh, Bradley, Rippon, or Mroz. My guess is gonna be Rippon and Mroz, but idk.

janetfan

Match Penalty
I haven't been a big fan of Armin in the past - but think if he skates close to his best he could shake up the podium
Remember, Mroz is a jumper and if his big tricks fail he can easily find himself off the podium.

Jeremy has much more wiggle room, is a two time Natl champion and GPF champion. His pcs, which are tpically deserved can carry him on an off night.

If Rippon lands a clean 3A and doesn't miss too badly on his second 3A he is a lock.

I don't know Dornbush well enough - but Ryan will have to skate really well for US Skating to go with him over some of the youngsters.

Nena

Rinkside
I didn't know Bradley was still competing. why wasn't he on the GP?

Because of a foot injury. That's why he did so badly at Worlds. I don't know how he's doing now but I doubt he can land any of the big jumps well after being off the ice for so long.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
It will most likely be Abbott, Rippon and Mroz. But Mahbahnoozadeh and Dornbush do have a chance. Dornbush has the 2nd highest score of the US men so far this season.

Dornbush is planning to go to Junior Worlds, though. Right?

Nena

Rinkside
Dornbush is planning to go to Junior Worlds, though. Right?

Yes. But if he's on the podium for Senior Nationals, I don't know why they wouldn't send him to Senior Worlds. He's already 19 and so much better than all the other Junior skaters so I don't think he should still be skating with the Juniors.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Ryan Bradley has a quad and some triples. He really doesn't have all the triples or is consistent with the ones he can dol. He can be really good sometimes when he puts them together. I would like to see him do well if he returns. He can be very entertaining if not "sophisticated" enough for some "skating snob elites"

seniorita

Record Breaker
I see Abott , Mroz and Rippon as more realistic option.
But If USFF asked me I would send Abott, Bradley and Armin... but they never ask me :disapp:

Joe, there are 3 men going to Worlds from US, not 2, so can you change the title??
Thanks Herios. I changed it. At my age, I am definitely loosin it.

There was a time, when I thought Adam woould shake up the World Men's Dvision, but I've begun to lose interest in the past few years. He had a tough time to get the 3A and still it is a bit shaky. I think a quad would be out of the question which puts him in Armin's league on the Tech side. Armin has that personality which has always been a hidden factor in judges' minds. When you think about personalith how many skaters have IT? Candeloro maybe.

I'll be looking for Dornbush whom I've seen many times but not this year. Whatever that performance was he gave at JGPF can it be repeated?

I expect Abbott to be good on home ice - not much expectation beyond, If he can prove me wrong about beyond, I'd be happy. Lyical Men skaters can lose to over-the-top bravura skaters. Exception, of course, Jeffrey Buttle.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Abbott and Rippon for sure. The 3rd spot is up for grabs between Mahbanoozedah, Dornbrush, Mroz, and maybe Bradley.

wallylutz

Medalist
Whoever finish in top 3 should make the team given the lack of a World Medalist in the field and none of them did particularly well during the recent GP season.

Poodlepal

On the Ice
What happened to Stephen Carriere? He was considered the next big thing a couple of years ago. Did he get hurt?

Anyway, I am going with Patrick Chan as the national champion. If he can win after falling 4 times, being from another country shouldn't be too much of an obstacle! I also pick him to win the Japanese and Russian nationals as well.

Seriously, I can't imagine Jeremy not going, though I can see him not winning. Adam will probably go, too, short of a total meltdown, and possibly Brandon Mroz for the third.