2010 French nationals Tours, France 17-19 Dec. | Golden Skate

2010 French nationals Tours, France 17-19 Dec.

herios

Medalist
I just browsed around on a site for some news on european fs site and discovered that the french nationals are this weeke end:

Results day1:

Men SP

1 - JOUBERT Brian - 77.21 pts
2- PREAUBERT Alban – 74.53 pts
3- AMODIO Florent – 67.21 pts
4- BESSEGHIER Chafik – 61.84 pts
5- PONSART Romain – 57.62 pts
6- SOSNIAK Thomas – 52.40 pts
7- LEJEUNE Florian – 51.28 pts
8- HOCQUAUX Simon – 50.56 pts
9- HERTZ Lionel – 48.99 pts
10- LOURENCO-AUBRY Quentin – 48.73 pts
11- TETAR Charles – 47.62 pts
12- RICHARDEAU Emmanuel – 47.16 pts

Ice Dance SD

1- PECHALAT Nathalie / BOURZAT Fabian - 66.88 pts
2- CARRON Pernelle / JONES Loyd - 56.35 pts
3- BLANC Zoé / BOUQUET Pierre-Loup - 51.73 pts
4- LAFONT Harmonie / ETZOL Stanislas - 36.16 pts
5- GASSOUMI Sofia / PASZTORY Arnaud - 36.15 pts
6- DENISE Charlène / LANGLOIS Quentin - 35.56 pts

Ladies

1- SILETE Yretha - 50.94 pts
2- MEITE Maé-Bérénice - 47.28 pts
3- GILLERON GORY Lénaëlle - 46.06 pts
4- VENTARD Anaïs - 45.53 pts
5- MARROCCO Léna - 45.17 pts
6- DIDIER Candice - 43.61 pts
7- TALEB Bahia - 41.16 pts
8- ZEROUROU Aline - 35.65 pts
9- LECAVELLIER Laurine - 35.46 pts
10- GARDOT Elodie - 33.63 pts
11- LEBLANC Flora - 33.16
12- CIRILLI Laurianne - 31.25 pts

Pairs

1- CANAC Adeline / BONHEUR Yannick - 44.97 pts
2- LETSCHER Anne-Laure / MASSOT Bruno - 38.02 pts
3- CHATAIGNER Mélodie / BOUZZINE Mehdi - 37.61 pts

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Happy to see Preaubert in second place! I would like him to get another trip to worlds (Amodio is not a favourite of mine).

No comment really on dance, 'cause it's what's expected, I guess.

I've never heard of the girl in first..

I also forgot Yannick Bonheur had a new partner.

herios

Medalist
Happy to see Preaubert in second place! I would like him to get another trip to worlds (Amodio is not a favourite of mine).

I have never heard of her either!

burntBREAD

Medalist

The girl in first was new (I think?) to the JGP this season. She did quite well, too.

patinage_adulte

On the Ice
Yretha finish 3rd in NRW Trophy 2 weeks ago for her 1st International Senior competition and win the Free program !!!!!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I checked Joubert's fan site for info. Not much there but someone who was there described that Joubert "retourne" his quad but did well with the other jumps including the 3A. "Retourner" usually means reverse but I don't know how that applies to FS jumps. UR?

Amodio fell on his 3A and stopped during his step sequence, taking a long time to return to his program - I feel this refers to both faults but am not sure.

When I looked at the scores, I was most impressed with Preaubert. Turned out he was actually impressive. He skated a flawless program and was extremely happy.

eta Someone wrote that Florent fell on his 3A and on his step sequence, taking a long time to continue his program. This sounds like he fell twice, but I wouldn't bet on a posting sentence.

Last edited:
Is there a youtube up on Joubert?

The first 4ladies, I didn't know exist.

This is good for Florent to not pay much attenion to his coach's whimsical experiments but demand another choreographer. Bumps and Grinds are l950s wows. They were bad then, and worse now.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^Thanks for the updates herios. Happy that Brian and Preaubert are 1 and 2. Good for Mae. I would love it if she wins.

mot

On the Ice
There is grumbling about Florent, with 2 falls, being overscored compared with Chafik.

I am not surprised at all that Florent with 2 falls is placed above Chafik, even though the latter landed all jumps. I was at TEB, where Chafik nailed all jumps in SP including quad toe-triple toe, but Florent was superior in everything else - skating skills, flow, speed, spins, step sequences, interpretation, projection, etc. Chafik is a promising skater, but, as he took up figure skating relatively late, he needs a few more years to be a well-rounded skater, IMHO.

Glad Brian held it together. Euros and the Worlds will not be the same without him!

Also happy that Alban skated well, it seems. I do like both of his programmes this season.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
There is grumbling about Florent, with 2 falls, being overscored compared with Chafik.

French fed probably knows at his best he can do better than Preaubert at Euros and Worlds so they probably don't want to take him out of it. He can still beat Preaubert if he skates well tomorrow, the scores he put up on the GP were very impressive.

herios

Medalist
French fed probably knows at his best he can do better than Preaubert at Euros and Worlds so they probably don't want to take him out of it. He can still beat Preaubert if he skates well tomorrow, the scores he put up on the GP were very impressive.

All top 3 will go to Euros, that is not really in question that one of them will be left out. Worlds is another story, they have only 2 spots, but then there will be the Euros result which will copunt as well.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Terribly low score for Canac/Bonheur, 132.60. It's like what the best skaters get just for the Free Skating. What's their problems? Pair elements or jumps?

Nirti

Medalist
Terribly low score for Canac/Bonheur, 132.60. It's like what the best skaters get just for the Free Skating. What's their problems? Pair elements or jumps?

???
It's their best result. Their partnership has begun since only 6 months, so it's a good score.