ISU posts 2011 World Team Trophy Announcement | Golden Skate

ISU posts 2011 World Team Trophy Announcement

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
2011 ISU World Team Trophy announcement

The second edition of the ISU World Team Trophy has been allotted by the ISU Council to the Japan Skating Federation to be held in Japan on April 14-17, 2011 in Yokohama.

2011 ISU World Team Trophy (complete) announcement can be downloaded in .pdf format to your computer @

http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=2397

I believe the various participating Feds select their own Team.

How will the USFS decide whom to send? Will some skaters refuse to go?

Is there an actual Trophy? Is it a Challenge Trophy or can it be kept by the winner?

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I believe the various participating Feds select their own Team.

How will the USFS decide whom to send? Will some skaters refuse to go?

Is there an actual Trophy? Is it a Challenge Trophy or can it be kept by the winner?

Yes Joe, Various Feds select their own team members. However priority must go to those skaters who actually earned the points that qualified each nation for the competition: i.e. for U.S. Davis/White & Alissa Czisny so far. World's points earned are priority for points utilized, then GPF, Euros and 4CC next and the Grand Prix events and finally JGPF and JGPF events if needed. There is also prize money alloted to this competition and the breakdown for participating teams/members is included in the ISU announcement document.

Only legitimate excuses for point earning skaters to not take part are, injury and illness, both of which have to be certified by member feds/assoc with signed Doctor's statement. Any team member who refuses to take part without injury or illness will be sanctioned with possibility of that skater's team being excluded from the event and their fed/assoc being sanctioned by ISU.

There is a trophy that is awarded to the Team Captain as well as Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals for the top three teams. USA won the first WTT Trophy in 2009 and it is on display at U.S. Figure Skating Headquarters in Colorado Springs, CO.

There is also prize money provided for this competition with the breakdown for participants included within the ISU announcement.

Last edited: