Ice Dance, and the upcoming Nats. | Golden Skate

Ice Dance, and the upcoming Nats.

3 Teams will go to the Worlds:

Davis/White - Is it possible for them to not win?
Samuelson/Bates
Shibutani/Shibutani
Chock/Zuerlein
Tibbetts/Brubaker
Canuscio/Lorello
Hubbell/Hubbell

Any other noteworthies from Sectionals?

To me, the 2nd and 3rd team for worlds would be S/B and S/S, although I enjoy C/Z very much.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Evan Bates is still recovering from an injury. It caused S&B to miss the entire fall season. At the time, the early medical report left their appearance at Nationals very much in doubt.

Consequently, the frontrunners for the 2 worlds' spots are Shibutanis and C&Z, both of whom won 2 bronze medals, and were the first and second alternates for the GPF.

Most likely fourth place team IMO would be Krienkrairut/Giuletti-Schmitt, who had a decent international outing at Nebelhorn. The Hubbells are a big question mark.

Of the group you listed, Tibbetts and Brubaker showed the least promise for a good finish at nationals. on the GP. The Hubbells completely botched the SD at Cup of China (which had the most packed fields of any event this year). They withdrew from Cup of Russia with an injury to Kieffer's back. It's unclear what shape they will be in for Nationals. It is barely possible that Cannuscio and Lorello will pass them for 5th or 6th at US Nationals, depending on whether S&B are able to compete. C&L had a dreadful outing at Cup of China, but surprised by skating a really good short dance at TEB. Granted, TEB had a very weak field, but C&L had level 4 in both the GW segments, level 4 twizzles, and level 3 steps and lift. They got crap PCS scores from reputation, but it was a very decent performance. Particularly notable were their twizzles that surprised some of the judges into giving them a 2 GOE (rare for a team expected to be in last place). They do a very convincing jump into the twizzles, and then execute both sets on the same foot without a step between, and do so around the end of the rink on a curve. AFAIR they had entertaining arm movements with them too. Of course, they completely bombed in the FD. However, I see some promise there, especially if they change coaches next year. If their FD improves as much as their SD, I could see them passing the Hubbells at Nationals.

herios

Medalist
To me, the 2nd and 3rd team for worlds would be S/B and S/S, although I enjoy C/Z very much.

So you would send S/B to worlds even without seeing them skate this season? That is what I call a leap of faith!

Most likely they will be no show at the US Nationals, due to Evan's surgery. he is just walking according to his updates on twitter, he didn't resume skating.
They don't need to push it, his recovery is more important than anything else. This season is a write-off, and he has plenty of time to get well for next year.

samba

On the Ice
If we use the ISU seasonal best scores to predict their placements at Nationals:
D/W rank 1st SB 171.58
Shibs: 8th SB 144.81
C/Z: 12th SB 139.72
K/G-S 18th SB 130.72
Hubbells 31st SB 120.95
C/L 35th SB 116.60
T/B 68th SB 95.86

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
I sooo hope Samuelson & Bates are recovered enough to compete at Nationals. I've missed them this season.

herios

Medalist
Sad, but they will not compete at Nationals :scowl:
I miss them this season too

I mentioned here that Evan doesn't even skate at the moment so fans should reasonable....give hiom time to heal.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
no, even with a major fall Davis and White cannot lose. my money is on the Shibs for the silver.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Yeah, Davis and White really can't lose. I'd expect to see a pig flying across the sky if they did. I think the Shibutanis will be second, although it might be close between them and Chock/Zuerlein. I love both teams.