Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alexander Majorov insults the Swedish federation on Facebook (and later apologizes)

Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;-)

Alexander Majorov insults the Swedish federation on Facebook (and later apologizes)

I think this might be Sweden's first figure skating "scandal". Sasha's face is everwhere in the country's media right now (which generally doesn't pay much attention to the sport):
    http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/article8309953.ab

And this is his apology: http://iof2.idrottonline.se/SvenskaK...cebook-utfall/

Thoughts?

Ouch. Did he write this comment on facebook? Can't believe he used the N word, how crass and stupid of him.
    Need translation for his apology.

Moderator's note

Warning: the link in the first post on this thread contains an extremely offensive racial epithet as well as vulgarity.

Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Did he write this comment on facebook?
    Yes, the image in the first article was a direct screen capture from his Facebook page. Majorov did remove the status update within 10 minutes of posting it, but the Swedish media was too quick for him.

Ouch. Did he write this comment on facebook? Can't believe he used the N word, how crass and stupid of him.
    Need translation for his apology.
    Google Translate doesn't do a great job, but at least you'll understand the main points: http://translate.google.com/translat...book-utfall%2F

What an idiotic thing to say/do. I hope he learns from this.

Thanks for the translation of the apology.

Quote Originally Posted by siberia82 View Post
    Yes, the image in the first article was a direct screen capture from his Facebook page. Majorov did remove the status update within 10 minutes of posting it, but the Swedish media was too quick for him.

Google Translate doesn't do a great job, but at least you'll understand the main points: http://translate.google.com/translat...book-utfall%2F
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachuusb View Post
    What an idiotic thing to say/do. I hope he learns from this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Thanks for the translation of the apology.
    Thanks!

Custom Title
    Well that shows what kind of person he really is.

Custom Title
    It just goes to show how important Nationals are, he had a bad day at the office. I can understand his frustration, he will learn from it and re-group but he seems immature to me and could quit anyway.

I found a video and radio interview that Sasha made yesterday regarding the Facebook incident. Could someone please translate them into English for us?

http://svtplay.se/v/2277111/majorov_...er_sina_pahopp

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel...rtikel=4252233

Tripping on the Podium
    Very immature, but in his defence, I believe that a lot of youth in Sweden is talking like that; it's not as bad as it is in North America. (If that makes sense)

K

Custom Title
    It's a frustrated angry 19 year old lashing out with all the baddest coolest English curse words he knew. The severity and the ugly implications escaped him, I believe.

Time for damage control and to salvage his and his family's investments in and sacrifices for his skating career. Hopefully it's a big lesson and not a career ender.

Quote Originally Posted by KMK0902 View Post
    Very immature, but in his defence, I believe that a lot of youth in Sweden is talking like that; it's not as bad as it is in North America. (If that makes sense)

K
    That's what scares me; all those ugly words young people use among themselves without thinking what they mean. Majorov said in an interview that he would never use words like this to a grown up.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    It's a frustrated angry 19 year old lashing out with all the baddest coolest English curse words he knew. The severity and the ugly implications escaped him, I believe.

Time for damage control and to salvage his and his family's investments in and sacrifices for his skating career. Hopefully it's a big lesson and not a career ender.
    Agree, though there were bad Swedish words too. Well, the Swedish Federation was understanding and just gave him a warning, so now he can go on. Guess he has a lot to think about.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    And that's what's so stupid about it. I can't believe he used the N-word in the context of his federation. It kind of made me laugh.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast