Italian Championships | Golden Skate

Italian Championships

Tanja90

On the Ice
Last saturday the national championship in Italy ended!
Here the results and a few comments (I was there):

PAIRS:
Stefania Berton & Ondrej Hotarek were the only pair to show up since Nicole della Monica & Yannick Kokon whitdrew (think because of an injury but not sure).
Obviously stafania and Ondrej won with 161.82 with tw beautiful skates..just few mistakes but they improved a lot since last year even with the health problem stefania's had early this season.

DANCE:
Weak field this year...Faiella-Scali withdrew due to health problem for federica and Cappellini la Notte also weren't there because Luca has an injury on his knee.
The competition was won by Testa Mior followed by Guignard Fabbri and thirds were Alessandrini Vaturi (they came from a serious injury)

MEN
1st Samuel Contesti who easly won with 216.79...He finally did a clean short (really enjoyable!!) and had small mistakes in the long.

2nd was Paolo Bacchini with 195.70..problems wit the 3axel (doubled in the short and fall in the long) but two really nice programs!! In particular he has beautiful steps and his spins are to die for! (he is trained be Grutter)

3rd Fabio Mascarello...good skate from him.

LADIES
1st Carolina Kostner...she won with a ner personal of 189.74. Same jumps layout of the grand prix. The short was perfect even better than the gp final and she was gorgeous! The long was pure poetry...I don't have words to describe how beutiful that program is. She skated freely (just two small mistakes: hand down on the first 3 salchow and step out on the second 2toe of the three jumps combiantion) and beautifully even though she was exausted after the final in Beijing!

2nd Valentina Marchei...she gained 163.28 (I think it's a personal best for her too) with two beuatiful skates (just a hard landing on her second 3lutz were she succeded to do at least a single toe not loosing point and a wrong edge on the 3flip). The short is really energetic and surprisely I liked the long (it didn't catch me on tv) She is at the top of the form this year! solid jumps and everything (her lutz is compared only with Sebastyen's).

3rd: Amelia SCHWIENBACHER...an ocean between her and valentina: 131,80...she has quality basics and nice jumps (no flip or lutz) but she isn't mature yet.

Selina11

Rinkside
I hope della Monica/Kocon did not split or retire. If they won´t compete at Euros, will the Italian federation use the second spot for pairs?

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
Thanks for your comments, Tanja90! :) I'm so happy Carolina won! :love: Too bad for Federica and Luca, I hope they get better!

Tanja90

On the Ice
I hope della Monica/Kocon did not split or retire. If they won´t compete at Euros, will the Italian federation use the second spot for pairs?

I don't think they'll split...I hope not! they also whithdraw from the bompard but really I cannot remember why...an injury if I'm not wrong!
In Italy there's not another pair other than these two! Matteo Guarise (who started skating with a russian girl split with her according to a magazine and he's looking for another partner) If Nicole and Yannick won't show up at europeans I don't know what will do the federation...they could send the junior couple but I don't know if they are old enough (don't know theire age!)

reynycpr

On the Ice
LADIES
1st Carolina Kostner...she won with a ner personal of 189.74. Same jumps layout of the grand prix. The short was perfect even better than the gp final and she was gorgeous! The long was pure poetry...I don't have words to describe how beutiful that program is. She skated freely (just two small mistakes: hand down on the first 3 salchow and step out on the second 2toe of the three jumps combiantion) and beautifully even though she was exausted after the final in Beijing!

Thank you Tanja90! I too am in love with her LP. Hopefully some youtube vids will come up soon...
Congrats Caro!

Selina11

Rinkside
I don't think they'll split...I hope not! they also whithdraw from the bompard but really I cannot remember why...an injury if I'm not wrong!
In Italy there's not another pair other than these two! Matteo Guarise (who started skating with a russian girl split with her according to a magazine and he's looking for another partner) If Nicole and Yannick won't show up at europeans I don't know what will do the federation...they could send the junior couple but I don't know if they are old enough (don't know theire age!)

Thank you for the answer! :) I think the junior couple is Carolina Gillespie/Luca Dematte. They would be old enough and they also have the minimum score to compete at ISU Championships, but i hope della Monica/Kocon are still together and can compete at Euros!

russell30

Final Flight
Thanks Tanja for your updates. How did Francesca Rio skate?. I take it she wont gain the third spot for Euros, will it go to Amelia to give her some experience?

Tanja90

On the Ice
Thanks Tanja for your updates. How did Francesca Rio skate?. I take it she wont gain the third spot for Euros, will it go to Amelia to give her some experience?

Francesca Rio withdraw before the competition!! Don't know who the federation will choose...let's see! ;)

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Thaks Tanja90 for the information and links. Carolina's skating is just beautiful. Hopefully she gets her flip and lutz back for worlds and can fight for the medals.