Ryan Bradley to compete in Nationals? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ryan Bradley to compete in Nationals?

Layfan

Record Breaker
no, no I'm mean about the person whose thinking you like. I can't find a seniorita post on this thread.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I was delighted when I read about this earlier today, and it immediately brought to mind Rudy Galindo, whom became the second oldest American male singles skater to win Nationals in 1996, at 26 yrs. of age! :)

It's good to remember that age is only a number, it is the mind that matters the most, if you believe you can do it you will. For example, Evgeni Plushenko won the Olympic Silver Medal at 27 yrs. of age despite some saying he was too old, washed up, et al. The same goes for Maria Butyrskaya, whom became the second oldest woman in history to win Worlds in 1999, and she became the oldest woman in history to win Europeans in 2002 at age 29! :thumbsup:

Back to comparisons to Rudy Galindo, he too was coached & accompanied to Nationals by his sister, and now Ryan will be too. :) Likewise, both he & Rudy's first names begin with "R" and have 4-letters in them, as well their last names contain 7-letters. Lol, you can see how I can get carried away! :laugh:

On a more serious note, Ryan has been humbled, now I feel & hope it is his time to rise. If 28 yr. old Evgeni Plushenko can still land quads & triple axels galore, which he just recently did in the last 30 days in exhibition, then so can 27 yr. old Ryan Bradley!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RYAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :party:

whoops I meant Nadine! lol! love this theory!

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Does anyone know Ryan's programs this year? Did he unveil them somewhere?
I'd love to see his performance, so I have better idea re: his chance at Nationals.

Layfan

Record Breaker
ah!! Yes, me too, interesting comparison, Nadine :)

Strange about Tom Z not having enough time for Ryan. It was a big vague. I mean, if he's not even going to accompany Ryan in the K&C it sounds like Tom Z basically didn't coach him at all....

Does anyone know anything about Ryan's programs?

silverlake22

Record Breaker
But if Takahashi and Oda do bomb then Abbott would still have to skate great to take advantage which he isnt prone to doing in big international meets.

And lets get real here about Chan, he has atleast a 5 fall advantage on the field, like it or not.

No, 4 fall Chan lost to quadless Verner who wasn't even completely clean himself at COR. So he maybe has a 1 or 2 fall advantage to skaters like Takahashi or an "on" Oda.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Does anyone know Ryan's programs this year? Did he unveil them somewhere?
I'd love to see his performance, so I have better idea re: his chance at Nationals.

mums the word it seems on the programs... he might bring a program back... maybe keep last year's? I don't know... I LOVE last year's free skate, but am hoping for something new.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
mums the word it seems on the programs... he might bring a program back... maybe keep last year's? I don't know... I LOVE last year's free skate, but am hoping for something new.

Thanks.

I agree that I love his last year's long program, but it would be great if he comes with new ones.:love:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Hopefully we'll hear more soon, if not - we'll have to rely on practice reports come nationals. So wish I were going.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I thought you really liked Abbott - in a discussion about the men prior to the season, you were rooting for him, Kozuka and Takahashi to make up the Worlds podium.

Those were the three I wanted on the podium at last year's Worlds, but Abbott has not impressed me as much this season. Neither of his programs are amazing, whereas in 2009 he should have won Worlds (had he skated like he did at the GPF) and last year he had the masterful "Day in the Life" SP.

I'd really like for Bradley to win the U.S. title. That would mean more to him than a World medal, I'm pretty sure. He could retire very happy. Abbott wants to continue to 2014. He has time to win more National titles...with better programs.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Those were the three I wanted on the podium at last year's Worlds, but Abbott has not impressed me as much this season. Neither of his programs are amazing, whereas in 2009 he should have won Worlds (had he skated like he did at the GPF) and last year he had the masterful "Day in the Life" SP.

I'd really like for Bradley to win the U.S. title. That would mean more to him than a World medal, I'm pretty sure. He could retire very happy. Abbott wants to continue to 2014. He has time to win more National titles...with better programs.

Abbott would be 28 or 29 by 2014. I doubt he could be that competitive by then. His time is now so hopefully he steps it up soon. I agree he is capable of alot more than he has shown this season.

2009 was his biggest window to date. He had just won Nationals easily won the GP final, he had the USFSA backing as their #1 guy over Lysacek, and then he just couldnt handle the pressure at Four Continent and Worlds. He was definitely capable of winning Worlds then. Last year was maybe another window but he didnt deliver at the Grand Prix final or the Olympics, and had already lost rep by Worlds. I am not sure if he will ever get back to that point.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'd really like for Bradley to win the U.S. title. That would mean more to him than a World medal, I'm pretty sure. He could retire very happy. .

I think at this point just getting on the podium/having two successful skates is what he's looking for. Some vindication over last season.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Sarah and Drew on icenetwork interviewed Ryan, who says that his SP will be the Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy program he showed at Brian Boitano's recent show. He is returing to his Mozart LP from last year, because he hasn't had time to make a new LP.

His sister is coaching him. He says she is very good at keeping him calm.

He says this year is about having fun and enjoying the process.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
You seriously need to stop being so lame.

Name me the last singles skater who was excelling at the amateur level at 28 or 29 and then we can talk. The closest example I can think is Butyrskaya who still found herself starting to regularly lose to Sarah Hughes at 28 and embarassing herself at her final Olympics and Worlds (well the Q round part she skated) at 29.

And Abbott already looks like less of a skater than he was a year or two ago (consistency issues aside). I highly doubt he is going to hit some magical peak as he approaches 30.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Sarah and Drew on icenetwork interviewed Ryan, who says that his SP will be the Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy program he showed at Brian Boitano's recent show. He is returing to his Mozart LP from last year, because he hasn't had time to make a new LP.

His sister is coaching him. He says she is very good at keeping him calm.

He says this year is about having fun and enjoying the process.

Thank you, Doris. I know I could count on you to find out the latest information :laugh:.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

Thanks Doris - I am interested to see his SP (didn't see Brian's show) but wonder if he shouldn't go to a different LP from the past... granted he didn't skate last year's program perfectly, but even knowing that - can he top it?