Ryan Bradley to compete in Nationals? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ryan Bradley to compete in Nationals?

Nadine

Record Breaker
Sarah and Drew on icenetwork interviewed Ryan, who says that his SP will be the Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy program he showed at Brian Boitano's recent show.

Thanks for that info., dorispulaski, but I checked IN earlier today to watch the BB Special to see Ryan's "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" routine, but alas they chacked him. :( Probably to surprise us all when he actually debuts it at Nationals. :)

p.s. I loooooooooove the music, especially Isabelle & Olivier's OD to this music a couple of years. ago! :party: It's on my favorites. :)^)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
That's surprising, that they chacked him, because he was shown when the original show aired, provided that you lived in NY or New England-there was a problem with the snowstorm and with a football game that ran over. There was also a quick interview with Ryan as part of the show. BTW, I have seen video clips of his performance, but they haven't made it to youtube yet. In one set they are running school closing info on the bottom and have reduce the height of the picture to compensate, which makes all of the skaters, including Ryan, look rather wodgy.

They had this Stars and Stripes show lighting going during Ryan's routine, and he landed his 4T (maybe a little UR, and he didn't put the 2t or 3t on it for the combo), a 2A, and I think a 3F out of F/w.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I just now double-checked IN to make sure I wasn't missing anything. It's under the November, 2010, video archives titled "Brian Boitano Skating Spectacular", and Peggy Fleming was the co-host, with the band "Chicago" the musical guest.

It's 35 minutes, 24 seconds long with the following skaters performing ~ Kimmie Meissner, Dubruiel & Lauzon, Leonova & Khvalko, Michael Weiss, Steven Cousins, Yuka Sato.

Btw, I also had a great time earlier this evening watching "Holiday on Ice", which took place during the holidays so I'm not surprised I missed it. I had a B-L-A-S-T watching Elvis Stojko in particular!!!! :thumbsup: He honest to God looks like he could compete in another Olympiad. He's grown up so much now, haven't seen him skate for ages, looks like a total makeover with his hair cut differently, short, and his outfits are casual but nice, black pants with silk shirts. :) But it's his skating that took my breath away ~ fast low sit spins, perfectly centered, big huge jumps landed with the ease of a pro, and he skates outward toward the audience with such joy & verve & loveliness. His "Noel" program was my all-time favorite. All of his programs were. After seeing him skate like that I know he could win Canadian Nationals with ease if he wanted to do so. As Scott Hamilton once said of Elvis at the 1994 Olympics when he missed his first 3axel but came back later to add it in: "you have to be great, and Elvis is great!"

gold12345

Medalist
Name me the last singles skater who was excelling at the amateur level at 28 or 29 and then we can talk. The closest example I can think is Butyrskaya who still found herself starting to regularly lose to Sarah Hughes at 28 and embarassing herself at her final Olympics and Worlds (well the Q round part she skated) at 29.

And Abbott already looks like less of a skater than he was a year or two ago (consistency issues aside). I highly doubt he is going to hit some magical peak as he approaches 30.

Girls are different than guys. And Jeremy considers himself "a late bloomer". You never know, he could be plenty competitive at 28. It's really not that old when you think about it.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Girls are different than guys. And Jeremy considers himself "a late bloomer". You never know, he could be plenty competitive at 28. It's really not that old when you think about it.

OK who is the last man to be excelling in singles at the amateur level (per his own standard) at the age of 28. Of course Jeremy could be the first in a long time. It wouldnt seem likely the U.S is pinning its hopes on 2014 on him though. Then again it remains to be seen if either Rippon or Mroz have what it takes, Lysacek returning seems unlikely, and Weir returning even if it happened would be moot to a serious global competitive threat, so maybe Abbott will be the U.S top dog for 2014 after all. That would be a sad situation for the U.S if that is the case though unless he improves a whole lot at an advanced age.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Actually, if Jeremy could put out at Worlds what he's been putting out at Nationals the last two years, he'd easily be one of the top contenders. He needs to push out his peaking about a month and a half from where he's been

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
His skating does not look as strong as the last 2 years though. He has gotten more consistent this season but his scoring potential doesnt look the same. His spins are weaker now, his skating is slower and lacks fire at the moment, he seems tenative, and his jumps are shakier. Someone like Chan would have a many fall cushion over him at the moment I am sure, and even the Japanese would have to make major errors to lose to him skating like he did during the grand prix. He has to step it up in a big way.

I agree skating like he did at the last 2 Nationals he could maybe win a bronze at Worlds amongst the current field depending how they skate, but he isnt skating at that level this season even when he does skate well.