Do you know the way to San Jose? | Golden Skate

Do you know the way to San Jose?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Anyone get called to give seat preferences for San Jose yet? If anyone has been there, or lives nearby, I would appreciate hearing about where to stay close, etc.

Chris still chasing a GB buss pass.:biggrin:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We're waiting for our phone call.

I think I might have met you at 2009 nationals in Cleveland. Did you work as a volunteer there? See you in Greensboro! We missed out on the December 1 deadline for the bus passes, so i hope we can get to the venue easily by public transportation.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I was certainly at Cleveland but I didnt volunteer there. Just look for a tall thin old man with a ball cap, mustache, and pilot's jacket and say howdy do...there is only one of me! Dont give up hope on the pass. I have the USFSA trying to figure out the city politics why the GB transit wont help out the promotors and the local economy and flood the area with busses like Spokane did. What hotel are you staying at? At the doubletree, the buss stop is a quarter mile away and the buss only runs every half hour, so If you carry a schedule and the buss doesnt fill, you maybe in luck. Other than that, we fans may have to share the 1 mile cab ride to the arena. I have been thinking about writing the local media op ed sections about this. If I was a local high school kid with a decent car and a nice suit, I would carry a sign around the local hotels, "Arena, $5" and by the end of the week, I would be a millionaire.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Definitely planning the trip to San Jose! So excited to be going back to the action!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
iluvtodd, be careful when you download the GB buss schedules.....it looks like to me the Sunday schedule doesnt have the busses stopping at the arena...and the hours are very limited. Tonichelle, any reccommendations as to a nearby hotel for San Jose?

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for the tips, Coyote Chris. I guess we'll see how we can manage with the GB bus schedule from our hotel, and use the car on the two Sundays. I think we're staying at the Doubletree. Hope we get to meet you this time.

Toni, I hope we can finally meet in person next year! My husband has an aunt who lives in Sacramento, so we plan on visiting her while we're out there, too.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Just walk up to me, say, "iluvtodd", and I will say "wasnt his Gettysburg program great?" And you will say, "No no no, I am iluvtodd from the forum!" ;)
Dont forget to get on the standby list for the shuttle buss passes just in case GB wakes up and decides it would be a good thing to get money spenders
here there and yonder....

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'll introduce myself as Gail. That's my real first name. BTW, I loved his Gettysburg program both times around (despite what happened in Nagano :cry:).

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Yeah, I know. But I also know that sometimes things happen in our lifes that seem bad at the time but we never know in the long run if they are good or bad. Sometimes people get gold medals and bad things happen to them. And then there are others that win silver and have wonderful lives full of love. I just hope he is happy.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, all in all, I think things turned out well for him. I'm glad he kept his eligibility open through 2002 (taking off 2 seasons of competing at US Nationals, etc. but keeping up his skills). So glad he's still skating with SOI, and that we've had many opportunities to see him skate live. I feel the same about Kurt's career.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I agree. By the way, what are the pluses and minuses of keeping eligible, like Michelle Kwan? (If I disappear for awhile it is because I am having computer problems. My hard drive is failing and if I have to put another one in and do a restore, I could be down for awhile....chris who hates computers

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thanks! They are wonderful when they work....
Breaking news. Just got my seats for San jose. Isle seat in 116 in row 2. I was call number 89 out of 400 that my sales person is handling. Put in my deposit in Oct '09 so if you put in a deposit you should be called soon. Mike will be at Greensboro Thursday on selling seat assignments and I expect therre to be many good seats left even at that time. For some reason, these are the least expensive good seats I have seen at a nationals.
Please tell me it will be WARM in San Jose....I am not too sure about Greensboro at this point....