Pairs SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs SP

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I don't why but I liked Stolbova/Klimov's sp more in their Gp(I believe Skate America). They changed costumes or something? Here I found them a bit behind the music. But I also like the choreography very much. Still, they need the 3twist to be competitive at the senior level.
I absolutely hate Yuko and Sasha's costumes. The program is not my cup of tea either. But their LP is simply the best! I hope they perform well tomorrow.
Oh, I also really hate Vera and Yuri's costumes! They are both quite lovely, it's a shame we have to see them dressed like that

smia

Rinkside
Who do we have to bribe in the ISU to get some 5 pairs spots for Russia?
I agree they should allow more teams if a country manages to produce this much depth in a discipline of skating that's underdeveloped in most countries. It's so silly and harms the sport that a hopeless team like Kemp/King always qualifies for Worlds simply because there are no other British pairs but some of these truly talented Russian pairs will be forced to stay home.

Mukhortova/Blanchard so far behind in seventh... Is there a chance they'll be patient and accept to sit out the one-and-a-half year so they can represent France?

Last edited:

mousepotato

On the Ice
I/M and K/S performed so bad today, I haven't seen them look worse. I/M fell and had trouble on the SBS spins. K/S messed up the SBS jumps (both did) and that last lift is so bad, they need to change it, she almost fell.

They will perform better tomorrow the FS is their best.

The current ranking will shift a lot.

smia

Rinkside
Does Russia consider both national and international results? If I/M have another bad day tomorrow and remain below G/E and S/K, is it still possible for them to be sent to Europeans? G/E and S/K have much lower scores in international competition than I/M so I think I/M deserve it more (and V/T can't compete until the middle of February).

Did Russian TV show the entire event (can we expect most of the pairs on Youtube?)

beep_beep

Medalist
Did Russian TV show the entire event (can we expect most of the pairs on Youtube?)

Yes, the whole thing.
We can't complain about the coverage. Even TAT is not yapping during the skates.
(And there were some shots of TAT moving her glasses while looking judgemental-HBIC with the russian team jacket that have to be made into GIFs on ONTD... )

gold12345

Medalist
Oh, me too don't get me wrong. I'm glad they're still in it. But let's be honest - the score was too big for what they did.

I agree 58 pts is too big for I/M, but the scores in general are high... G/E and S/K wouldn't be scoring 61 pts internationally. I haven't watched yet--- did K/S look worse than B/L? K/S's score is extremely high considering it sounds like they didn't skate that well.

oleada

Record Breaker
I agree 58 pts is too big for I/M, but the scores in general are high... G/E and S/K wouldn't be scoring 61 pts internationally. I haven't watched yet--- did K/S look worse than B/L? K/S's score is extremely high considering it sounds like they didn't skate that well.

It's nationals. All scores are inflated, in any country.

G/E wouldn't get that score internationally, but they skated really well. Their 3Tw was crashy, but the other elements were top notch - and they really sold it. After V/T, I think they had the best performance. They absolutely shined.

K/S didn't skate all that well. She stepped out on the 3T and they also had a messy lift. Twist and throw were good. I missed B/L (was taking my pup for a walk) so I can't comment.

herios

Medalist

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Very enjoyable competition. V/T were supreme and surely deserved to be more than 4 points ahead of K/S (who I would have had in third). B/L were really impressive, I thought after the grand prix final that they could be underpressure for the 3rd spot I/M but they were well clear.

Dissapointing performance from I/M, they were gifted their marks, I would have had them behind (or at least closer to) M/B, I guess they wanted to keep things open for the 3rd european spot. Really impressed with the performances from G/E and S/K. Glad to see M/R still competing, she seems to have lost all confidence on her jumps, hopefully she gets thing back on track. They have a real star quality to them.

On the whole a very high standard.