Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Pairs FS

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    V/T were awesome, they should have been pairing together long ago.
    I dont like that much G/E or their programs, please someone tell me that I/M will go to EUros, their Lp was awesome!!!

chillyfranz
    V/T really surprise me here, they had excellent polish for a new team. Tatiana have a great feel for music and there throw can easily challenge the Chinese. I think they should get the transition even smoothened out for Worlds

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Lucky Star you are my hero! thanks a lot.
    You are welcome Just ask me anytime you want, I'm trying to improve my English by translating ))

Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    And what's more important, they delivered just after V/T skated and that says many things about their nerves!
    That's one of the best things about them actually. And the most unexpected, 'cause Katia was a total disaster as a single skater, always afraid of something, 2-3 falls in the LP were normal for her. And now, with Sasha, she is like a different person, she is doing completely new things for her and doing well. I can only say bravo to Moskvina and Dmitriev, what they did is such a miracle
    Last edited by Lucky Star; 12-27-2010 at 03:33 PM.

On the Ice
    I watched russian nationals at first time. The lavel is astonishing. Top ten here would be surpass that one in EC. It's a shame that only 3 pairs can be in EC and WC.
    V/T are my new favorite. If they had come together earlier, then S/Z had gotten harder with OGM. The line and flaw are awesome. But their LP costume, I find it ugly. Not for such a beautiful pair!

Medalist
    Just finished watching Tatiana and Maxim, they were wonderful! I can't believe how far they've come in only half a year together! They've improved their speed, their jumps and interpretation and I think they stand a great chance to medal at Worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    I disagree with this. They didn't put it down when it counted.
    But why should this event be the only one that counts? Gerboldt/Enbert failed to deliver in international competition. They shouldn't expect to automatically get the spot simply because they had one lucky event. I/M have improved a lot since last season when Lubov was falling all the time. Now she's become so consistent - prior to this event she hadn't fallen once this season. I think she had some underrotations at Cup of China but that's understandable - their travel schedule was just brutal, flying from Russia to Canada and then only a few days later having to compete in China. They performed respectably considering the circumstances. And then they did very well at the Grand Prix Final, earning a total score of 177.44, compared to a mere 160.42 for Gerboldt/Enbert at Cup of Russia. That's a sizable difference.
    Last edited by smia; 12-27-2010 at 04:20 PM.

Custom Title
    I dont like that much G/E or their programs, please someone tell me that I/M will go to EUros, their Lp was awesome!!!
    +1

Banned
    I think V/T are already the 2nd favorites for Worlds behind only the Germans.

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    I think V/T are already the 2nd favorites for Worlds behind only the Germans.
    If they skate at worlds how they skated here, if the Germans falter, they could take it...

Custom Title
    I liked seeing so many good death spirals. There are too many versions of that element today that are much too high.

As for who "ought" to be picked to represent a country at an international competition, that decision rests with the nation's figure skating federation. I believe the procedures vary from federation to federation, and also may vary from decade to decade. I personally have no fixed view on the subject, as past experiences have shown me that just about all skaters occasionally have a bad day, and that many skaters skate one way at home and another way when away from home.

True that Katarina G. looks MUCH better in pairs and actually i thought she is the sunshine in the pair, you cant but look at her and she has nice lines, but their lifts were a little scary , I just felt like watching two single skaters, of course it is normal at this early stage.
    But Lubov has just the IT factor, she is a little star, and they skate with such joy, I love them!

Custom Title
    Okay, the level of the Russian pairs skaters is sickeningly awesome. Sochi is gonna be a barnburner.

V/T: Holy moly they were on fire. What else to say? I know they have to skate at a couple ISU sanctioned competitions to get a season's best score to actually compete at worlds. God the potential! They have beautiful line and a way of finishing moves. I'd love to know what the Ukranian figure skating federation works: they produced to of the finest ladies pairs skater of the decade (Savchenko/Szolkowy) but simply don't have the men to compete at that level (or the infrastructure, if Morosov's remarks are anything to go by). Neither of the programs are great programs, but that's okay. That'll come.

K/S: This is still the best program of the season. This is such a leap forward for them. No extraneous movements. Every grace note of the music choreographed and the whole thing is just lovely. I'm a little disappointed they ranked behind V/T in interpretation and choreography

So clearly the class of the field and the greatest field in the world.

Other thoughts
    --Despite laying down the scores during the season, I'd like to point out that G/E only skated one GP compared to I/M's three. And while it's clear that I/M have awesome scoring potential, they were massively overscored here to give them a chance to go to Euros. If K/S had had a full GP season and more mileage on their programs, I'd almost ask that they stay out with B/L, G/E, and I/M duking it out for that third worlds spot (V/T obviously being ineligible). I'd say that despite B/L being firmly ensconced on the Russian team, we've seen that if they have a bad day, they'll be behind I/M. We've seen that I/M can be behind both

--Speaking of B/L, anyone else wondering if they'll be able to hold onto that third spot next year? So many hungry teams.

--Where did Gerboldt get that fire?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by smia View Post
    Just finished watching Tatiana and Maxim, they were wonderful! I can't believe how far they've come in only half a year together! They've improved their speed, their jumps and interpretation and I think they stand a great chance to medal at Worlds.

But why should this event be the only one that counts? Gerboldt/Enbert failed to deliver in international competition. They shouldn't expect to automatically get the spot simply because they had one lucky event. I/M have improved a lot since last season when Lubov was falling all the time. Now she's become so consistent - prior to this event she hadn't fallen once this season. I think she had some underrotations at Cup of China but that's understandable - their travel schedule was just brutal, flying from Russia to Canada and then only a few days later having to compete in China. They performed respectably considering the circumstances. And then they did very well at the Grand Prix Final, earning a total score of 177.44, compared to a mere 160.42 for Gerboldt/Enbert at Cup of Russia. That's a sizable difference.
    They didn't deliver NOW. And that is very important. Results in the past are in the past that is history. if I am selecting a team, i am picking the most in form teams, that is why. Would you speak the same way if you would be K. Gerboldt ? Put yourself in her shoes please. Or her pertner. or her coach. That is how you should think. Since COR Gerboldt / Enbert improved, and I/M has fallen. For me, I/M are inconsistent.

G/E improved for their standars but that does it mean they are that good? They are a new pair , only improvement they can have, how they could go worse?
    I give Gerboldt the jumps, all the rest Lubov is far better. And they had a bad sp, thats all, with a slight better sp, we wouldnt discuss it now, the final difference is not much.
    Ok the fan is talking now, i m not objective, but I/M are a breath of fresh air and different to the rest, in their sp they skate non stop!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    G/E improved for their standars but that does it mean they are that good? They are a new pair , only improvement they can have, how they could go worse?
    I give Gerboldt the jumps, all the rest Lubov is far better. And they had a bad sp, thats all, with a slight better sp, we wouldnt discuss it now, the final difference is not much.
    Ok the fan is talking now, i m not objective, but I/M are a breath of fresh air and different to the rest, in their sp they skate non stop!
    No. But going by last year, the top skaters at Nationals go to Euros, presuming eligibility. So the question is are I/M that much better than G/E that they deserve be jerryrigged above?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast