Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Pairs FS

Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    Under certain circumstances, not on any given day. That is why US ladies keep ending with two spots, because they have such high quality...
    you must have missed my next post..."not saying they would all place top 10, definitely not, but they do have the 2nd deepest ladies field, Russia's is too inconsistent, and not all age eligible."

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by smia View Post
    Is it confirmed that G/E will get the Euros berth over I/M? That would be so unfair. I/M have gotten much better scores in international competition.
    I disagree with this. They didn't put it down when it counted. I/M got too cocky, I remember when at the beginning of the season they were talking like they want to defeat the world champions, now they finish 5th in Russia???

Custom Title
    I disagree with this. They didn't put it down when it counted. I/M got too cocky, I remember when at the beginning of the season they were talking like they want to defeat the world champions, now they finish 5th in Russia???
    Are you sure they said that? I mean at the beginning of the season they were practicaly comming from nowhere since they didn't make the olympic/world team in 2009. Plus, she always looked happy with their scores, not making faces even though they were underscored on some occasions. Not to mention at Skate Canada she was simply adorable in the interviews, to me they were always humble and composed. And I do believe they would be more reliable for euros that G/E who only had one international experience.
    Last edited by Mirunna; 12-27-2010 at 12:34 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Are you sure they said that?
    Yes, but actually it was a joke, they are funny guys
    I don't know, I simply love G/E and I would be happy to see them at Euros, but I have to admit that I/M are more experienced and maybe deserve it more, they just had bad luck at Nationals... Anyway, it's so hard to choose! I hope Russian FS Federation will make the right choice

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    I don't know, I simply love G/E and I would be happy to see them at Euros, but I have to admit that I/M are more experienced and maybe deserve it more, they just had bad luck at Nationals... Anyway, it's so hard to choose! I hope Russian FS Federation will make the right choice
    Ok, then! Thanks! I found it hard to picture them being so infatuated
    I've got another question!(sorry if I'm being annoying): do you know if they are going to announce the world team too? I figured it would be better if they send directly Tatiana and Max, and the best 2 teams at euros, out of 3, will qualify for worlds. In this way, they can give a chance to either I/M or G/E to actually qualify for worlds

Custom Title
    They did. They were talking after Skate Canada that they had the judges basically trying to get them behind the canadians, and they were speaking like they had been underscored.
    To me, as the season progressed, they skated less well. Their best skate was the first and then could not sustain the same form and in my opinion they are too inconsistent. I don't see G/E less competitive. And plus they earned it. This is a sport and what should matter is actual form and performance and not past.

Custom Title
    Ok, then! Thanks! I found it hard to picture them being so infatuated
    I've got another question!(sorry if I'm being annoying): do you know if they are going to announce the world team too? I figured it would be better if they send directly Tatiana and Max, and the best 2 teams at euros, out of 3, will qualify for worlds. In this way, they can give a chance to either I/M or G/E to actually qualify for worlds
    FS Federation will announce the Euros team after 29th of January and Worlds team will be announced after Euros as usual I guess

Custom Title
    Thank you Lucky Star

Custom Title
    FS Federation will announce the Euros team after 29th of January

Are you sure???

Custom Title
    Are you sure???
    Yes, it's official
    Oh, sorry, my bad, 29th of December of course

Medalist
    Last edited by yunafan1860; 12-27-2010 at 01:56 PM.

Custom Title
    I'm so curious to know what was Tatiana Tarasova saying about V/T! She sounded so excited

Medalist
    Seems that Tatiana and Maxim were born to skate together

Custom Title
    I'm so curious to know what was Tatiana Tarasova saying about V/T! She sounded so excited
    She was impressed and even gave them a standing ovation, said this team is able to win Worlds and Olympics. She was happy for them and their coaches, said many good things about them all as well as about G/E and their coaches

Custom Title
    Lucky Star you are my hero! thanks a lot. I did liked better G/E on the second view, I think I can finally understand why everybody is crazy about them. They need to work on the 3Twist, but other then that, their technical elements are already very good. They improved so much since Cup of Russia, it's almost unreal how she made the transition from singles to pairs. And what's more important, they delivered just after V/T skated and that says many things about their nerves! In the end, I if they get sent to euros instead of I/M, I won't complain since I'm curious how much improvement will be made by then
    Last edited by Mirunna; 12-27-2010 at 02:17 PM.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast