Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: U.S. Nationals - Ladies (gettin' excited!)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Caroline's opportunities for any kind of success on the National or international stage are rapidly diminishing with all the younger skaters coming up.
    Some practice reports are coming in, and Caroline is looking pretty good.

http://cz-online.org/

Custom Title
    Thanks everyone for the practice report and the pictures!

Lol, every couple of hours I check in for updates.

I really hope they all do well, how exciting would that be for everybody to skate clean!

Custom Title
    silvia tweeted the practice, and I'm going to just post them here

http://twitter.com/sylviaunseen

R Flatt had a great afternoon FS run thru, landing 7 triples: 2A-3T, 3Lz-2T, 3F, 3Lz, 3F-2T-2Lo, 3Lo, 3S (high free leg swing out).
    C Zhang also looked good in her FS run thru: 3F-2T, 3Lz(e), 3S, 3Lo-2A, 3F, 3Lo-2T-'tano 2T, didn't see her last jump (step out?).
    Yasmin Siraj, age 14, had a good FS run thru this afternoon: 3F, 3Lz2T, 2A3T bit shaky but landed, 3S, 3Lz, 3T, 2A2?2Lo, fast spins
    Agnes Zawadzki's afternoon FS run thru: 2Aturns3T, 3F, 3Lz-lean F-2T, 3Lz high, 2Lo, 3S fall, 3T2T2Lo. Landed 3S fine afterwards.
    Christina Gao's afternoon FS run thru: 3F3T nice, 3S, 3Lz2T2Lo, 3Lo fall, waltz jump instead of 2A, 1F, 3T2T, spins looked improved.
    Ashley Wagner's FS run thru: 3F2T, 2A2(or3?)T, 1Lz, 3Lo2T2T, 3S, 3Lo fall, 3F step out. Landed 3F, 3Lo, 3Lz & 3F3T fine afterwards
    Mirai Nagasu's FS run thru: 3Lz fall, 2A3T fall, 3F, 3Lz2T, 3T fall, 3Lo, Ina-2A. Landed 2A3T & many 3Lz b4 & after her run thru.

So is it safe to assume Rachael is ready to put up a fight?
    Nobody puts Rachael in a corner. Please make it to Tokyo because your fan is waiting.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    silvia tweeted the practice, and I'm going to just post them here

http://twitter.com/sylviaunseen

R Flatt had a great afternoon FS run thru, landing 7 triples: 2A-3T, 3Lz-2T, 3F, 3Lz, 3F-2T-2Lo, 3Lo, 3S (high free leg swing out).
    C Zhang also looked good in her FS run thru: 3F-2T, 3Lz(e), 3S, 3Lo-2A, 3F, 3Lo-2T-'tano 2T, didn't see her last jump (step out?).
    Yasmin Siraj, age 14, had a good FS run thru this afternoon: 3F, 3Lz2T, 2A3T bit shaky but landed, 3S, 3Lz, 3T, 2A2?2Lo, fast spins
    Agnes Zawadzki's afternoon FS run thru: 2Aturns3T, 3F, 3Lz-lean F-2T, 3Lz high, 2Lo, 3S fall, 3T2T2Lo. Landed 3S fine afterwards.
    Christina Gao's afternoon FS run thru: 3F3T nice, 3S, 3Lz2T2Lo, 3Lo fall, waltz jump instead of 2A, 1F, 3T2T, spins looked improved.
    Ashley Wagner's FS run thru: 3F2T, 2A2(or3?)T, 1Lz, 3Lo2T2T, 3S, 3Lo fall, 3F step out. Landed 3F, 3Lo, 3Lz & 3F3T fine afterwards
    Mirai Nagasu's FS run thru: 3Lz fall, 2A3T fall, 3F, 3Lz2T, 3T fall, 3Lo, Ina-2A. Landed 2A3T & many 3Lz b4 & after her run thru.

So is it safe to assume Rachael is ready to put up a fight?
    Nobody puts Rachael in a corner. Please make it to Tokyo because your fan is waiting.
    Yes, it seem Rachael is back to her usual self. I am not at all surprised. It is what I expected.

Wow, what a miserable practice from Mirai :( Oh no.......

better to get the falls out in practice... I still have faith in her!

Custom Title
    Thank you so much for all those info and links, everybody.
    I enjoyed them a lot.

Just going back to a wonderful Michell's performance, I wondered who among current us ladies has that magic that Michell presented so well.
    I mean the power that brings the house down and brings all audience to their feet spontaneously. I specially liked her Tosca and Aranjuez. The last straight step sequences in the both programs were so emotionally charged and exciting!! No wonder Dick was screaming like hell.

Mirai probably has the most potential technically with her speed, flexibility and jumping ability to become the one of the top skaters in the world.(Well, she already is to some extent, being 4th in Olympic.) But I do not feel that magic inn her skating yet. Allissa is a beautiful skater with wonderful basic skating, but she is a little too reserved for me. Rachel, although consistent, is not my favorite.(Sorry fans, just IMO)

I want everybody to skate well, but I want somebody with MAGIC to win this year.

Quote Originally Posted by genki View Post
    Thank you so much for all those info and links, everybody.
    I enjoyed them a lot.

Just going back to a wonderful Michell's performance, I wondered who among current us ladies has that magic that Michell presented so well.
    I mean the power that brings the house down and brings all audience to their feet spontaneously. I specially liked her Tosca and Aranjuez. The last straight step sequences in the both programs were so emotionally charged and exciting!! No wonder Dick was screaming like hell.

Mirai probably has the most potential technically with her speed, flexibility and jumping ability to become the one of the top skaters in the world.(Well, she already is to some extent, being 4th in Olympic.) But I do not feel that magic inn her skating yet. Allissa is a beautiful skater with wonderful basic skating, but she is a little too reserved for me. Rachel, although consistent, is not my favorite.(Sorry fans, just IMO)

I want everybody to skate well, but I want somebody with MAGIC to win this year.
    Well, living up to Michelle Kwan's magic is a tall order

Michelle Kwan is one of the all-time greats.

Mirai and Alissa are not but for me they skate with their own magic. Alissa is one of the most exquisite in the world today with her lines and her amazing spins and her lyricism. And Mirai - when she's at her best - is all exurberance. Those two have won me over.

better to get the falls out in practice... I still have faith in her!
    Yes!! Thanks, made me feel better.

Custom Title
    I'm not counting anyone out. Mirai and Rachael have been rivals for a long time. The US ladies haven't had a real rivalry since Weir and Lysacek.

at the 2007 JGPF Mirai Gold, Rachael Silver
    2008 National Mirai Gold, Rachael Silver
    2008 JW Rachael Gold, Mirai Bronze
    2009 National Rachael Gold, Mirai 5th
    2010 National Rachael Gold, Mirai Silver
    Of course, at the Olympics, those two should be so close together.
    And then both bombed at World for no particular reason.

^Well, that was disappointing of course but I still put in the perspective that everyone sort of bombed at that worlds except for Mao. And Laura I guess. Post Olympics worlds are always weird.

Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    I'm not counting anyone out. Mirai and Rachael have been rivals for a long time. The US ladies haven't had a real rivalry since Weir and Lysacek.

at the 2007 JGPF Mirai Gold, Rachael Silver
    2008 National Mirai Gold, Rachael Silver
    2008 JW Rachael Gold, Mirai Bronze
    2009 National Rachael Gold, Mirai 5th
    2010 National Rachael Gold, Mirai Silver
    Of course, at the Olympics, those two should be so close together.
    And then both bombed at World for no particular reason.
    Um...I think you need a little correction there...you can't revise results to who you thoughh should have won!

Tripping on the Podium frauregina's Avatar
    http://www.universalsports.com/blogs...id=512733.html

Here's an article on the practice reports. I am glad to hear that Caroline is doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Is there the Nationals program somewhere, and in local time?
    I want to fix my schedule for men and ladies as Euros are on the same days
    Busy, busy time for FS fans.

Schedule

5 hours behind Greenwich I think.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by frauregina View Post
    http://www.universalsports.com/blogs...id=512733.html

Here's an article on the practice reports. I am glad to hear that Caroline is doing well.
    Yes. There have been several positive reports. I was happy to read there was a pearl spin sighting.

Custom Title
    My first choice for the two Worlds slots would be Alissa and Rachael. Ashley, Christina, and Mirai might all be risky to get a third spot for the '12 Worlds. Up to now, a lot of people have called Alissa "risky", but this season I think she is a solid favorite. I could be wrong, though.

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jsteam4501s View Post
    My first choice for the two Worlds slots would be Alissa and Rachael. Ashley, Christina, and Mirai might all be risky to get a third spot for the '12 Worlds. Up to now, a lot of people have called Alissa "risky", but this season I think she is a solid favorite. I could be wrong, though.
    I agree, I think those are the two most likely to bring back three spots for the US. My two favorites are Alissa and Ashley, but I think Ashley is too risky. Speaking of Ashley, I read on IceNetwork she's planning to do a triple flip - triple loop in the short and I'm excited about that. That's one of my favorite combinations, and not very many people do it.

Here's the link to the article: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Last edited by #1Kerryfan; 01-26-2011 at 11:47 AM. Reason: added link to article

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast