Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 86

Thread: Ladies LP

  1. #61
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    675
    So who will go to World, Euro ?? Sotnikova is still not age eligible right??

  2. #62
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,214
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    So who will go to World, Euro ?? Sotnikova is still not age eligible right??
    My guess it will be Leonova and Makarova since the Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva and Lipnitskaya are too young to go.
    Polina S, Polina A, Roza S. and Anna O (out for the season) will be eligible in 2011-2012.
    Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva will be of age for the 2012-2013 season. And by the skin of her teeth (her 15th birthday is on June 2013), Lipnitskaya will eliglbe for 2013-2014, just in time for Sochi!

  3. #63
    Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Chemistry Building
    Posts
    1,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    My guess it will be Leonova and Makarova since the Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva and Lipnitskaya are too young to go.
    Polina S, Polina A, Roza S. and Anna O (out for the season) will be eligible in 2011-2012.
    Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva will be of age for the 2012-2013 season. And by the skin of her teeth (her 15th birthday is on June 2013), Lipnitskaya will eliglbe for 2013-2014, just in time for Sochi!

    For Euros, it's been confirmed to be Leonova and Makarova. Biryukova is the alternate. It's all but confirmed to be the same for Worlds, unless Alena or Ksenia get injured, since it's not a situation where they'd change the teams (like the Japanese and 4CC/Worlds where Akiko Suzuki will go to 4CC and Kanako Murakami replaces her on the Worlds team, I believe).

    For Junior Worlds, at this point, I'd say it's Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva easily based on both the Senior Nationals and the JGP/JGPF placements. The 3rd might be Biryukova since she probably won't get to Worlds unfortunately. It'd probably more likely be Polina Shelepen or Polina Agafonova, based on previous results. Junior Nationals will be the deciding factor. If Agafonova repeats her victory from last year, it'll be her more likely than not. If she medals (but not gold) and Shelepen wins, it may be Shelepen that gets the spot instead. If both medal but don't win, it'll be hard to pick. Sheveleva may have a chance too.

    I wish Lipnitskaya was a year older so she could go. But hey, she'll be amazing to see on the JGP next year.

  4. #64
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,041
    Rosa Sheveleva is definitely a contender for the third JW spot - she had the 5th best LP, ahead of Makarova, Biryukova, Shelepen and Agafonova. Unfortunately, her SP wasn't great, but when she's on, she can really contend with the others. She has nice basics and really excellent jumping technique. Her 3Lz is HUGE.

  5. #65
    Custom Title Slowdive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    My guess it will be Leonova and Makarova since the Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva and Lipnitskaya are too young to go.
    Polina S, Polina A, Roza S. and Anna O (out for the season) will be eligible in 2011-2012.
    Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva will be of age for the 2012-2013 season. And by the skin of her teeth (her 15th birthday is on June 2013), Lipnitskaya will eliglbe for 2013-2014, just in time for Sochi!
    I didn't think that Lipnitskaya would be old enough to qualify for Sochi.

  6. #66
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowdive View Post
    I didn't think that Lipnitskaya would be old enough to qualify for Sochi.
    She will. Her 15th birthday is in June 2013 wich means she will be old enough

  7. #67
    Custom Title Slowdive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    She will. Her 15th birthday is in June 2013 wich means she will be old enough
    Thanks! I guess I was thinking that the athletes had to be 16 or 17 in order to compete.

  8. #68
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowdive View Post
    Thanks! I guess I was thinking that the athletes had to be 16 or 17 in order to compete.
    Goodness, that would be terrible. Raising it 15 seems hard to deal with already! And she's so close. I mean Mao only missed competiting in 2006 by about 2 months.

  9. #69
    Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Chemistry Building
    Posts
    1,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Goodness, that would be terrible. Raising it 15 seems hard to deal with already! And she's so close. I mean Mao only missed competiting in 2006 by about 2 months.
    True.

    Besides Julia Lipnitskaya, Adelina Sotnikova's actually even luckier with the age thing. Had she been born the same day, a few years later (1998 instead of 1996) she would literally miss Olympic eligibility by a single day. That would really be terrible.

  10. #70
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemistry66 View Post
    True.

    Besides Julia Lipnitskaya, Adelina Sotnikova's actually even luckier with the age thing. Had she been born the same day, a few years later (1998 instead of 1996) she would literally miss Olympic eligibility by a single day. That would really be terrible.
    That would've been a bummer. I believe that Adelina's coach tried to appeal for her to be eligble next year (2011-2012) but did not have much success...

  11. #71
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    280
    The Russian Federation asked the ISU about the age limit last year because of Adelina - but she was not allowed to skate and had to wait for this season. One day - that is really hard!

  12. #72
    Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Chemistry Building
    Posts
    1,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Meli_Huber View Post
    The Russian Federation asked the ISU about the age limit last year because of Adelina - but she was not allowed to skate and had to wait for this season. One day - that is really hard!
    Yeah. And I thought Rachael Flatt had it rough being born on July 21st.

  13. #73
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,321
    They need to stop this nonsense where girls as young as 14 can compete in the senior Grand Prix but can't go to Worlds or the Olympics. If they want to protect them then make them wait just like Worlds other let them compete as seniors at 14 or 15 and none of this being born before July 1st of the year before.

  14. #74
    she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    3,637
    ^ ?

    I thought 14-year-olds WERE barred from senior GP?

  15. #75
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,041
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    ^ ?

    I thought 14-year-olds WERE barred from senior GP?
    No, they are not. They can skate the GP 1 year before they are senior-championship eligible. Both Mao Asada and Caroline Zhang are recent examples of this. If Liza Tuktamysheva choses to compete in the GP next year, she'll be 14 during it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •