Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Ladies LP

Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    No, they are not. They can skate the GP 1 year before they are senior-championship eligible. Both Mao Asada and Caroline Zhang are recent examples of this. If Liza Tuktamysheva choses to compete in the GP next year, she'll be 14 during it.
    There was a proposal on the table during the ISU Congress in June to up the GP age limit to 15, but it looks like that was rejected as it's still 15 under the latest ISU rules.

So yes both Liza and Adelina will be able to compete in the GP next year.

Custom Title
    Rosa Sheveleva's 6-triple free skate (5th in that segment):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2H9S1rmZQs

I love the quality of her jumps, and her basics, power and flow are all good. If she can work on getting her spins and consistency up, she'll be a world beater. Her skating is really appealing, IMO. Nice expression, too.
    Last edited by oleada; 01-01-2011 at 04:07 AM.

Custom Title

I love the quality of her jumps, and her basics, power and flow are all good. If she can work on getting her spins and consistency up, she'll be a world beater. Her skating is really appealing, IMO. Nice expression, too.
    ITA. I think she will have 3-3, likely 3Lz-3T really soon (or maybe even has it already but didn't put in programs), she looks so ready for it! And I also like her posture and elegance. Rosa, as well as all three Polinas and Anna, will be eligible for Euros and Worlds next season, so I think it will be so much harder for Leonova and Makarova at Nationals to defend their spots in the team

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    They need to stop this nonsense where girls as young as 14 can compete in the senior Grand Prix but can't go to Worlds or the Olympics. If they want to protect them then make them wait just like Worlds other let them compete as seniors at 14 or 15 and none of this being born before July 1st of the year before.
    I agree that it's silly to let them compete at senior international events without being able to compete at Worlds/Olympics. I think the age limit should match (and should be the most restricted one, to be sure).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    ITA. I think she will have 3-3, likely 3Lz-3T really soon (or maybe even has it already but didn't put in programs), she looks so ready for it! And I also like her posture and elegance. Rosa, as well as all three Polinas and Anna, will be eligible for Euros and Worlds next season, so I think it will be so much harder for Leonova and Makarova at Nationals to defend their spots in the team
    Her lutz is so big and powerful, I see no reason why she can't start working on the 3Lz+3T, and also a 2A+3T, given also the quality of her 2A.

I actually think Rosa has more potential than all of the Polinas - she has better jumps and jump technique, as well as very nice expression. She just needs to be more consistent and skate two reasonably clean programs in a competition.
    Last edited by oleada; 01-01-2011 at 01:18 PM.

Custom Title

Wow, that was a great skate for her! I agree her jumps are very big, especially her lutz, love the huge smile on her face when she landed the 2nd one . I would love to see her get the 3rd spot for Junior Worlds this season, and if she skates like this at junior nationals, she should have a good shot! I prefer Rosa and Anna to both Polinas but consistency doesn't seem to be their best friends, hopefully that will change soon though! Rosa is so pretty too!

When does the Junior competition begin at the Russian Nationals?

Custom Title
    They are separate competitions. Junior Nationals is not until February.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    How odd to have it that late.

I still can't believe all the talent here. When your 9th ranked female skater landed a clean, fully rotated, correct edge 3Lutz-3Toe in both the SP and LP...yeah, that's a crazy deep National field.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    How odd to have it that late.

I still can't believe all the talent here. When your 9th ranked female skater landed a clean, fully rotated, correct edge 3Lutz-3Toe in both the SP and LP...yeah, that's a crazy deep National field.
    No, not really, in a way it makes perfect sense. Junior Nationals usually determines the team for Junior Worlds, so they want to select who is in best form at the time.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    It doesn't give much time to make alterations or rest before Worlds, however.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6