Ice Dance LP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance LP

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I missed the FD completely. Could someone please tell me what happened to I/K? I'm devastated. Are they still going to euros? If they beat there R/T do they still have any chance to go to worlds?

herios

Medalist
I missed the FD completely. Could someone please tell me what happened to I/K? I'm devastated. Are they still going to euros? If they beat there R/T do they still have any chance to go to worlds?

Mirunna, you want to push all these teams up, I/M, I/K despite their poor nationals? What's up with that? Now what on earth you got against R/T?

yunafan1860

Rinkside

he did a mistake on a twizzle :-( but they were great overall! just nerves and pressure and they also had to skate last. since Russia has 3 spots for Euros, I think they'll send them together with the gold and silver medalists.

herios

Medalist
:) I'm pleased for them and I'm happy for you, cloudkicker..And you raise a good point about the GP assignments..If the Russian federation is going to get behind this experiment ( and they have been from the outset ) then the couple must have GP assignments for next year. They won't realize their potential skating in a vacuum.

If the russian federation want to promote them, they were going to give them assigments either 4th or 5th.

Mirunna

Record Breaker

I like R/T very much and I'm sure they deserved their placing, plus they have good international results(I actually like them better then B/S, my world dream team would be R/T and I/K). I'm sorry, my question was strange, you are right. I believe I/K will be sent to euros since they are bronze medallists. I was wondering if they have any chance to go to worlds IF they beat R/T at europeans. What will the Russian federation do then, since in this scenario, it will be 1-1. Reading back my coments, I realised I'm being too subjective, so I'm sorry! So congrats to B/S and R/T!

Thanks Yunafan! I still find their TES to be low, so they must have made another mistakes, maybe levels?

Last edited:

yunafan1860

Rinkside
Thanks Yunafan! I still find their TES to be low, so they must have made another mistakes, maybe levels?

i have no idea because i can't judge the elements... can anyone enlight us? judging with my ignorant eyes, K-A's elements must have been really good to earn higher TES than I-K.

samba

On the Ice
The scores, particularly PCS, were a joke!! Z/S's magic wand has worked in Russia as well as NA!! If you have a cripple child who wanted to win OGM, please send to Marina with $$$$, she will make it happen!! That's why Icedance is most corrupted sports, shame, shame...

herios

Medalist
Thank you herios, and I am terribly sorry but perhaps i do not understsnd you, what do you, mean by 4th or 5th?

4th or 5th place finish at the nationals. If they were 5th, the federation could've given them if they wanted to GP assignments, it is up to them. Placing 4th or 5th here is not making much of a difference from next year's assigments point of view.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
i have no idea because i can't judge the elements... can anyone enlight us? judging with my ignorant eyes, K-A's elements must have been really good to earn higher TES than I-K.

K/A had level 3 for both step sequences and level 4 for other elements. (IMO, what a joke!)
I/K... level 2 for steps and level 3 for one of their lifts

I'm so mad! If they'll send K/A to Euros it would be so unfair!
The Euros team will be announced tomorrow after 13.30 in Russia, so far is only known for sure that all the champions will go (except Adelina and V/T)

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I find it strange too how K/A where fifth at Golden Spin of Zagreb and here they were forth and so close to the podium! But I can't speak of corruption since I didn't see their programs, but I would really appreciate if someone who saw their program today could tell me if they improved so much, as their scores say they did.

If they send K/A to euros it would be simply unfair: they were behind I/K here, their only international score(on a B competition) is much lower then what I/K got on their GP! There is absolutely nothing that will justify sending K/A over I/K.

Last edited:

Lucky Star

Final Flight
I find it strange too how K/A where fifth at Golden Spin of Zagreb and here they were forth and so close to the podium! But I can't speak of corruption since I didn't see their programs, but I would really appreciate if someone who saw their program today could tell me if they improved so much, as their scores say they did.

They improved a lot, it's true, did their best today (TAT said Maxim Shabalin helped them a lot). But not THAT much of course. Their scores were so inflated!

Mirunna

Record Breaker
So who was that tech caller who gave those levels out??

I want to know that too :)
Some evil parts of me wants K/A at the europeans where they will fail to make it to the FD. I'm sorry, I just feel it's unfair to the other teams that worked since childhood to become good ice-dancers. I do like Jana very much, she is a lovely ice-dancer, but what I saw from them at Golden Spin, and even at the SD is simply bad.

oh, thanks Lucky Star

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
If someone know youtube video on S/B, R/T, I/K, & K/A, I would really appareciate that you inform us on this thread.

I'd love to see myself what it is that made you so mad over scoring!:laugh::laugh:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Um... I am a she.
I love their skating, especially the freedance, they have great chemistry and have such passion on the ice. Also they were supposed to get new costumes for the freedance, can somone please post a picture.

One happy point of today besides a bright future, Yana and Fedor will get Grand Prix assignments next year!

Um, not necessarily GP ASSIGNMENTS. They can get a host pick assignment to Cup of Russia. To be eligible to receive invitations to GP events, they have to have competed in a GP, JGP or ISU Championship event in the 2010-2011 season to get on the Seasons Best list, the main criteria for getting invites.

There are only two slots for Worlds and three for Euros, and as they finished 4th at Nationals, they most likely will not get to go to Euros or Worlds. If the Russian federation pulls I/K from Euros or R/T from Worlds, to allow K/A to get GP assignments, that would be grossly unfair.

Compare the hugely inflated marks K/A received at Nationals, to their REAL scores from Golden Spin, skated just a couple of weeks ago:

145.74 53.74 92.00 K/A, Russian Nationals
119.58 46.92 72.66 K/A, Golden Spin

I/K's and R/T's scores are somewhat more rational.

160.45 62.17 98.28 Riazanova/Tkachenko, Russian Nats
146.79 60.81 85.98 Riazanova/Tkachenko, TEB

149.72 62.30 87.42 Ilynikh/Katsalapov, Russian Nats
134.79 49.14 85.65 Ilynikh/Katsalapov, COR