Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ice Dance LP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I'm sorry, but what? He skates on two feet the entire time! And the step sequences were so slow and far apart. I have no idea how they scored that high. Seriously, none.

It's really depressing that someone as mediocre as Fedor Andreev taks up ice dancing and gets politicked nearly to the podium right away.

The judging of this competition has been beyond ridiculous, even worse than the ladies SP yesterday.
    oleada, cloudcicker09 said that K/A were his favourite team before they even skated.

Medalist
    I hope K-A's future scores won't become my next nightmare after Dom-Shab's :-(

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    IBut I'm so sad for I/K, I hope they will do their best at Euros and go to Worlds, that's all I want for Christmas!
    So much about I/K being the next big thing after slice bread....

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    oleada, cloudcicker09 said that K/A were his favourite team before they even skated.
    Um... I am a she.
    I love their skating, especially the freedance, they have great chemistry and have such passion on the ice. Also they were supposed to get new costumes for the freedance, can somone please post a picture.

One happy point of today besides a bright future, Yana and Fedor will get Grand Prix assignments next year!

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    I'm pleased for them and I'm happy for you, cloudkicker..And you raise a good point about the GP assignments..If the Russian federation is going to get behind this experiment ( and they have been from the outset ) then the couple must have GP assignments for next year. They won't realize their potential skating in a vacuum.

Looking forward to seeing the YouTubes .

Custom Title
    I missed the FD completely. Could someone please tell me what happened to I/K? I'm devastated. Are they still going to euros? If they beat there R/T do they still have any chance to go to worlds?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    I missed the FD completely. Could someone please tell me what happened to I/K? I'm devastated. Are they still going to euros? If they beat there R/T do they still have any chance to go to worlds?
    Mirunna, you want to push all these teams up, I/M, I/K despite their poor nationals? What's up with that? Now what on earth you got against R/T?

Medalist
    he did a mistake on a twizzle :-( but they were great overall! just nerves and pressure and they also had to skate last. since Russia has 3 spots for Euros, I think they'll send them together with the gold and silver medalists.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by colleen o'neill View Post
    I'm pleased for them and I'm happy for you, cloudkicker..And you raise a good point about the GP assignments..If the Russian federation is going to get behind this experiment ( and they have been from the outset ) then the couple must have GP assignments for next year. They won't realize their potential skating in a vacuum.
    If the russian federation want to promote them, they were going to give them assigments either 4th or 5th.

Custom Title
    I like R/T very much and I'm sure they deserved their placing, plus they have good international results(I actually like them better then B/S, my world dream team would be R/T and I/K). I'm sorry, my question was strange, you are right. I believe I/K will be sent to euros since they are bronze medallists. I was wondering if they have any chance to go to worlds IF they beat R/T at europeans. What will the Russian federation do then, since in this scenario, it will be 1-1. Reading back my coments, I realised I'm being too subjective, so I'm sorry! So congrats to B/S and R/T!

Thanks Yunafan! I still find their TES to be low, so they must have made another mistakes, maybe levels?
    Last edited by Mirunna; 12-28-2010 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    If the russian federation want to promote them, they were going to give them assigments either 4th or 5th.
    Thank you herios, and I am terribly sorry but perhaps i do not understsnd you, what do you, mean by 4th or 5th?

Medalist
    Thanks Yunafan! I still find their TES to be low, so they must have made another mistakes, maybe levels?
    i have no idea because i can't judge the elements... can anyone enlight us? judging with my ignorant eyes, K-A's elements must have been really good to earn higher TES than I-K.

Custom Title
    The scores, particularly PCS, were a joke!! Z/S's magic wand has worked in Russia as well as NA!! If you have a cripple child who wanted to win OGM, please send to Marina with $$$$, she will make it happen!! That's why Icedance is most corrupted sports, shame, shame...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudkicker09 View Post
    Thank you herios, and I am terribly sorry but perhaps i do not understsnd you, what do you, mean by 4th or 5th?
    4th or 5th place finish at the nationals. If they were 5th, the federation could've given them if they wanted to GP assignments, it is up to them. Placing 4th or 5th here is not making much of a difference from next year's assigments point of view.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yunafan1860 View Post
    i have no idea because i can't judge the elements... can anyone enlight us? judging with my ignorant eyes, K-A's elements must have been really good to earn higher TES than I-K.
    K/A had level 3 for both step sequences and level 4 for other elements. (IMO, what a joke!)
    I/K... level 2 for steps and level 3 for one of their lifts

I'm so mad! If they'll send K/A to Euros it would be so unfair!
    The Euros team will be announced tomorrow after 13.30 in Russia, so far is only known for sure that all the champions will go (except Adelina and V/T)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast