President Hu's visit -- everybody write to Predident Obama right away! | Golden Skate

President Hu's visit -- everybody write to Predident Obama right away!

President Hu Jintao of China will make an official state visit to the U.S. in January. Considering the increasing tensions between the two superpowers, it is of great importance that President Obama pull out all the diplomatic stops.

President Bush knew what to do to charm the Eastern potentate and send him home with a smile on his face. Someone needs to advise President Obama right away as to who he needs to call.

http://www.asianbite.com/AsianAmericanImages/Michelle_Kwan_guan_yingshan_4.jpg

Last edited:

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Didn't realize this thread. What a wonderful thing to suggest to Mr. Obama.
I just finished writing to him. ;)

I think Obama has a mind of his own. He wouldn't invade a peaceful country because of non-existent weapons of mass destruction. Do you realize that that one act of Bush caused all the termoil of AlQuaida we have today. AlQuaida didn't exist before the invasion to set up a new government for an oil deal.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I think Obama has a mind of his own. He wouldn't invade a peaceful country because of non-existent weapons of mass destruction. Do you realize that that one act of Bush caused all the termoil of AlQuaida we have today. AlQuaida didn't exist before the invasion to set up a new government for an oil deal.

Yike! Another ignorant liberal. I am so tired and reluctant to get into another "It's Bush's fault" argument, but I will if you want me to. (Huge sigh)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I believe he did call Michelle, didn't he?

Loved by both the Bush & Obama administrations :love:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Yike! Another ignorant liberal. I am so tired and reluctant to get into another "It's Bush's fault" argument, but I will if you want me to. (Huge sigh)

better to ignore the bait.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I remember reading that when President Hu visited last time, he was given a lunch, not a dinner. This could have been seen as a slight.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I remember reading that when President Hu visited last time, he was given a lunch, not a dinner. This could have been seen as a slight.

That depends on your political view. Traditionally, state dinner is given only to American friends and allies. The US being the superpower, being "bestowed" a state dinner, therefore, is a prestage to be "earned."

People may disagree, but China is not necessarily our ally nor a friend, as it has been demonstrated over and over with the way she undercuts our diplomatic efforts, e.g., uncooperation in setting firm sanctions against such rogue nations like N. Korea, Iran for their effort to become nuclear nations. And there is some good evidence that China was not our friend that was demonstrated concretely during that State dinner.

One of the guest, a Chinese pianist, Lan Lan, played an Anti-American propaganda tune at the state dinner:

"Lang Lang the pianist says he chose it. Chairman Hu Jintao recognized it as soon as he heard it. Patriotic Chinese Internet users were delighted as soon as they saw the videos online. Early morning TV viewers in China knew it would be played an hour or two beforehand. At the White House State dinner on Jan. 19, about six minutes into his set, Lang Lang began tapping out a famous anti-American propaganda melody from the Korean War: the theme song to the movie “Battle on Shangganling Mountain.”

The film depicts a group of “People’s Volunteer Army” soldiers who are first hemmed in at Shanganling (or Triangle Hill) and then, when reinforcements arrive, take up their rifles and counterattack the U.S. military “jackals.”

The movie and the tune are widely known among Chinese, and the song has been a leading piece of anti-American propaganda by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) for decades. CCP propaganda has always referred to the Korean War as the “movement to resist America and help [North] Korea.” The message of the propaganda is that the United States is an enemy—in fighting in the Korean War the United States’ real goal was said to be to invade and conquer China. The victory at Triangle Hill was promoted as a victory over imperialists.

The song Lang Lang played describes how beautiful China is and then near the end has this verse, “When friends are here, there is fine wine /But if the jackal comes /What greets it is the hunting rifle
.” The “jackal” in the song is the United States..." From the Epoch Times, 1/25/2011

I, for one, was deeply offended, as a "friend" generally is not invited to your host house, and go out of your way to humilitate your host, even though Hu, and Lan Lan, "pleaded" innocence.

There is no doubt that China aims to surpass the US economically and militarily. Like President Reagan, I believe in deplomacy from the position of strength, and you "trust but verify."

You don't naively act nice with the hope of the "bully" nations act nice back to us like many liberals appear to think/hope (not all of them, of course, mind you).

That's why I agree with President Bush' treatment of Hu by inviting him to lunch rather than a full brown state dinner. You have to show China that "she hasn't earned" state dinner, yet. You also want to withhold thing that is of value to your opponent, so you have a card to play when you need to.

If America wants to deal with China from a position of strength, the first thing we have to do is stop borrowing money from them.

Anyway...I am pretty sure that Michelle has personally met five U.S. Presidents. She was invited to the White House by Clinton, Bush and Obama, and she met both Bush senior and Carter after their presidencies were over.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
If America wants to deal with China from a position of strength, the first thing we have to do is stop borrowing money from them.

Anyway...I am pretty sure that Michelle has personally met five U.S. Presidents. She was invited to the White House by Clinton, Bush and Obama, and she met both Bush senior and Carter after their presidencies were over.

I couldn't agree more regarding stop borrowing money from them. We are aleady in trouble in this area big time.

Aside from political persuasions and/or ideology, I am all for honoring our guests by extending invitation to our distinguished citizen, Michelle. :yes: It is to her credit that she is universally and internationally well-liked and well-regarded.

Last edited: