Favorite skates among the ladies this season 2010-2011 | Golden Skate

Favorite skates among the ladies this season 2010-2011

christinaskater

Medalist
Adelina SOTNIKOVA- Russia (RUSSIAN NATIONALS LP)
http://www.youtube.com/user/LenaElik...13/ScHLHx8AMpw
One of the best skates I've ever seen. A masterpiece! She is exquisite!

Mao ASADA-Japan 2010-2011 JAPANESE NATIONALS LP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoZUjtm1LJw

Incredible performance! She cast a spell upon the audience with this masterclass of a performance! One of her best and the music is just perfect for her! Wish this was her program for Vancouver! Simply gorgeous!

Alissa CZISNY- USA GRAND PRIX FINAL 2010-2011 LP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXK3i98momk

Alissa is simply one of the best! I'm so happy she won her first major title! GRAND PRIX FINAL CHAMPION! Whohoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miki ANDO- Japan 2010-2011 JAPANESE NATIONALS SP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF18Iv0jUz0

The music is just sensational and it is perfect for MIKI! She has improved so much and is a definite contender for the WORLD title this year!

Miki ANDO Japan 2010-2011 JAPANESE NATIONALS LP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWOVE1-B7og

Kanako MURAKAMI 2010-2011 JAPANESE NATIONALS LP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUg3-G58wS0

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Blades, I'm amazed that you singled out Leonova. To me that was one of the ugliest programs I've ever seen. I liked Leonova a lot two seasons ago and am glad she's staying on her feet, but her team saddles her with atrocious music, costumes and choreography, and her skating is less polished than ever even if she does have a 3-3. I wouldn't have thought she was your cup of tea at all.

Thumbs up for Sotnikova, though. Wow. Absolutely stunning. If she goes head to head with Mao in Sochi, I'd have to give it to Sotnikova at this point. It's easy to imagine her beating Yu Na as well.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Adelina will not be able to rotate her loop combo when her body fills out. Just ask Miki and Mao. Plus she's flutzing. I think Liza will overtake her like Yuna did in a few years.

The skater nailed some triple Axels in practices in Saransk, but claims that the jump is still not consistent enough to put into the program.

"It is not a flip or Lutz or even a triple - triple combination," Tuktamysheva elaborated. "Besides, the current programs are not choreographed to accommodated it. But now they have changed the rules, so it is better to try and fail on a triple Axel than to do a double. They want to reward the risk, so it is worth taking it."

Even a junior girl knows a triple axel is hard, harder for her than a triple-triple combination. The base value of the triple axel is still too low, IMO. If she manages to land it in the future, and land it consistently, she will be unbeatable. She's like a Yuna with triple axel and triple loop.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Blades, I'm amazed that you singled out Leonova. To me that was one of the ugliest programs I've ever seen. I liked Leonova a lot two seasons ago and am glad she's staying on her feet, but her team saddles her with atrocious music, costumes and choreography, and her skating is less polished than ever even if she does have a 3-3. I wouldn't have thought she was your cup of tea at all.

Thumbs up for Sotnikova, though. Wow. Absolutely stunning. If she goes head to head with Mao in Sochi, I'd have to give it to Sotnikova at this point. It's easy to imagine her beating Yu Na as well.

I thought Adelina barely performed at her nationals. I'm not trying to criticize her though - I think it's normal that she was nervous for most of the program and concentrating on nailing her elements, which she mostly did. I'm as excited about her as anyone else. And I thought she actually didn't flutz this time in her LP? Maybe I'm wrong but it looked fine to me.

But I enjoyed Alena best at Russian nationals, to my surprise. I just kind of like that program. At least it's memorable. Much better than her LP from last year, which I found completely unwatchable. Or was it her SP? Whatever, I didn't like at all. But this one - i just can't help watching it because it's so bizarre. I don't see Alena being a factor for much longer but she had a great night at her nationals this year.

No arguments that Alissa's LP from the GPF and Mao's from Japanese nationals were the best so far. :love:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Blades, I'm amazed that you singled out Leonova. To me that was one of the ugliest programs I've ever seen.

I dont like Leonova much or her program, but after the season disaster back to back her skate at Nationals was inspiring, after all the hype that she is shadowed by the juniors, it was really huge thing what she did. Actually I was waiting Makarova to rise to the moment and win the championship back, and I liked her sp a lot, but she didn't.

But Mao´s nationals and especially her sp, it is my most happy moment as a fan this season:hb:

Last edited:

miki88

Medalist
Adelina's basics and overall polish is impressive for someone her age, but I'm not as impressed by her jumps. They are still good but I feel there's something awkward about them. Liza definitely has better technique and her jumps are very light.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Adelina's basics and overall polish is impressive for someone her age, but I'm not as impressed by her jumps. They are still good but I feel there's something awkward about them. Liza definitely has better technique and her jumps are very light.

TAT said she jumps like men skaters and that her coach teached her to jump the same way she teached boys from her group. She also compared her jumps with Slutskaya's. I don't think it's bad, her jumps have wonderful high and flow which give her nice chance to save the jumps after puberty. And she can do 3T as the second jump of the combination as well as 3Lo.
BTW, I've heard some rumors (and actually her coach and TAT said so too) Adelina also does 3A at practices

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
I think Adelina's jumps are great. Most have great flow out of them, but juniors tend to decline with age. I hope Adelina's 3-3s get ratified in the future, but Irina had a lot of trouble of them, and Miki/Mao can't get them ratified anymore. That and 3-3Los barely have much flow out of them. And, unfortunately, technically she isn't as good as Liza because she flutzes.

So maybe history isn't on her side. But on the plus, she sounds like a very hard worker and a great girl, with talent in spades so I can't wait until she puts on some senior skates together. :)

seniorita

Record Breaker
I think Tuktamisheva is a question more than Adelina, cause Liza has not grown up much the last two years, she has got taller but still has junior body while Adelina is half year older, has already passed the first puberty phase last year when she had troubles with her jumps and this year she has grown up a lot, she is not such junior anymore, she looks like a little lady and she looks great. I really enjoyed her Lp but I liked Liza in sp better. Good thing with Liza is that she has medaled in 3 nationals in a row, despite messing the sp. I cant compare them, I like both a lot, and watching their exhibition today, I think they will take different roads in skating styles anyway.

Last edited:

miki88

Medalist
Personally, I never thought Irina's combo jumps had much flow out of them. It's so hard to get a 3lo combo ratified these days though.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France

There are parts of the choreography I would change but she has great energy and expresses the music well in many part. The laugh that she mimes is so unique and full of character.

Oh, man, I thought I could make an easy choice. But after Czisny did such a fine job in the Grand Prix, along came Mao at Japanese Nationals. So I guess those are my top two, but don't ask me to rank them!

By the way, I'm so glad Korpi made such a favorable impression on you, Babayaga. I'll check out the link. I love that someone who's worked at this for so long has continued to improve. I look forward to seeing her at Worlds, whether on YouTube or (if hugely lucky) on TV.

bestskate8

On the Ice
Some junior skaters were amazing

Lipniskaya SP, LP -2011 RN, she sill baby but amaizing skate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DlQqRP6jZ4&feature=BF&list=ULYhBAtidmMYc&index=12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEF41tCbP3g&feature=BF&list=ULYhBAtidmMYc&index=20

Tyktamisheva LP-2011 RN vey musical girl, amaizing performance and interpretation, 3s should get +3 goe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6445DcKHp8&feature=BF&list=ULYhBAtidmMYc&index=17

Roza Sheveleva LP-2011 RN, very elegant and exelent performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2H9S1rmZQs

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Favorite skates that reminded me of why I love figure skating, in no particular order:

Alissa GPF SP and LP
Mao's SP and LP at her Nationals
Caro's LP at GPF
Miki's SP and LP at her Nationals

A little OT but my favorite costume award this season goes to Miki's SP & LP dresses at her Nationals, stunning.
In the past I would scratch my head over many of her costume choices, she finally got it right. IMO