Kurt Browning Holiday Festival on Ice | Golden Skate

Kurt Browning Holiday Festival on Ice

Layfan

Record Breaker
Just saw came across this from browsing through Aunt Joyce... I have no reason for posting other than it is just so fabulous. I just love the way he transfers tap dancing to the ice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq8xtbo2Wiw

Anyone else have know of any good recent show skates from the old crowd? There is something about the way the men from the this era moved that I find so exquisite. I never know what it is. But I just find that the best of them _ Boitano, Browning _ had a sort of attention to detail and precision that I find we don't see a lot of these days.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Kurt Browning :love: is one of the all time greats and has had so much experience also. Can't compare that to the current crop whose competitive programs have to abide by many rules and they haven't enough opportunities and experience in show programs yet. Of course, unless we're talking about Stephane Lambiel! :love:

Layfan

Record Breaker
^ I know you can't compare ... I was also talking the competitive programs of that era vs the ones from today ... but it doesn't really matter. I just mostly wanted to fawn over this performance :love:

Not that there aren't men from the recent era I don't love - Lambiel being at the top of the list. CAN'T WAIT to see more show programs from him. He was by far my favorite from All That Skate. :love::love:

But yes - Kurt's experience and depth really shows here. No fair comparing him to the kids :)

Could someone tell me where Kurt managed to obtain an exemption from the law of gravity?

Layfan, I join you in fawning over the performance. Thank you so much for posting it. It doesn't get better than this. By the way, remember who danced to this song in the movies? It was Astaire. Two champagne talents, both at the top of their fields--it's not out of line to compare them, is it?

Layfan

Record Breaker
Could someone tell me where Kurt managed to obtain an exemption from the law of gravity?

Layfan, I join you in fawning over the performance. Thank you so much for posting it. It doesn't get better than this. By the way, remember who danced to this song in the movies? It was Astaire. Two champagne talents, both at the top of their fields--it's not out of line to compare them, is it?

No, I think Kurt does Fred justice :thumbsup: He makes you want to go watch those old movies. :)