Thread: What does NHK stand for?

Custom Title

What does NHK stand for?

What does the NHK in NHK Trophy stand for?

And on another note, I have no real-life figure skating friends, so I've never had to pronounce Trophée Eric Bompard. In my head, I just say Trophy Eric Bompar (with a silent d).

nefertiti..reincarnate
    NHK stands for Nippon Housou Kyoukai, which means Japan Broadcasting Association.

As for Trophée Eric Bompard, imagine Trophay Eric Bompar and then subtract the "y" part.

Custom Title
    Oh, that's rather disappointing. Something has always bothered me about naming things after companies, like Rostelecom. And after a bit of internet searching, I just realized that Eric Bompard is a company too ...

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    yes but it is kasmir clothes, warm and soft, it is always better than Bofrost
    I always liked Lalique, it was such a pretty name!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by brightphoton View Post
    Oh, that's rather disappointing. Something has always bothered me about naming things after companies, like Rostelecom. And after a bit of internet searching, I just realized that Eric Bompard is a company too ...
    Somebody has to be the sponsor and payout the prizes / fees. Most major league sport stadiums in the States are named after companies too.

I always thought the Lalique trophy was beautiful. We saw one at the Figure Skating Museum in Colorado Springs in the summer of 2003.

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    LoL Remember when, in the late 90's, Skate America was "Smart Ones Skate America?" Ironically, during those years, we had Eva Marie Fitze of Germany and Yulia Lavrenchuk of Ukraine competing at SA...and both were known to be bulimic.