What does NHK stand for? | Golden Skate

What does NHK stand for?

brightphoton

Medalist
What does the NHK in NHK Trophy stand for?

And on another note, I have no real-life figure skating friends, so I've never had to pronounce Trophée Eric Bompard. In my head, I just say Trophy Eric Bompar (with a silent d).

sorcerer

Final Flight
NHK stands for Nippon Housou Kyoukai, which means Japan Broadcasting Association.

As for Trophée Eric Bompard, imagine Trophay Eric Bompar and then subtract the "y" part.

brightphoton

Medalist
Oh, that's rather disappointing. Something has always bothered me about naming things after companies, like Rostelecom. And after a bit of internet searching, I just realized that Eric Bompard is a company too ...

seniorita

Record Breaker
yes but it is kasmir clothes, warm and soft, it is always better than Bofrost :biggrin:
I always liked Lalique, it was such a pretty name!

bibi24

Final Flight
Oh, that's rather disappointing. Something has always bothered me about naming things after companies, like Rostelecom. And after a bit of internet searching, I just realized that Eric Bompard is a company too ...

Somebody has to be the sponsor and payout the prizes / fees. Most major league sport stadiums in the States are named after companies too.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I always thought the Lalique trophy was beautiful. We saw one at the Figure Skating Museum in Colorado Springs in the summer of 2003.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
LoL Remember when, in the late 90's, Skate America was "Smart Ones Skate America?" Ironically, during those years, we had Eva Marie Fitze of Germany and Yulia Lavrenchuk of Ukraine competing at SA...and both were known to be bulimic.