Nosiy Neighbour War Still Raging | Golden Skate

Nosiy Neighbour War Still Raging

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Well, I am still battling it out with my noisy neighbours. The stereo has not been as loud as it was, but I still get the base noise and they sometimes party at the wee hours of the morning or just generally make enough noise to wake me up at 3:00 am.

I complained to management after being awakend at 4:00 am the other day. Finally, my letters are getting somewhere. They said one more complaint from me and they will get their eviction notice. It's not a pleasant situation to be in. I do not feel comfortable here at all. I am hoping to move soon, but at the moment I am not in the right position.

JOHIO2

Medalist
Hey Lad,

Maybe those jerks will actually get evicted. We can at least hope, can't we?

kzarah

Le Patineur et sa Petite Lulu
On the Ice
Ladskater,
There is nothing I hate more than loud music, especially rock and roll music. No one needs to play their music that loud. Anyone playing their loud music at 4:00 am is either on speed, coke or got drunk and passed out with the music on. Call the police and report that you suspect drug activity. I know that I had neighbor's (we had a connecting way which makes the noise worse,) that would come home after the bars close at 2:00 am. I reported to the police that they would be ariving at 2:15 drunk and driving. Well, he got a 502 or DUI. I don't know if it was his first 502 or not but in California, your first 502 will cost you around $10,000.00 in court cost, attorney fees, AA meetings, increase in insurance etc. It didn't stop him from playing loud music, but he could no longer afford to rent an appartment and had to move back in with his parents.
Daniel and Little Lulu

kzarah

Le Patineur et sa Petite Lulu
On the Ice
Ladskater
7 or 8 months ago, We moved because of noisey neighbors. It was quiet at our new place except for one or two days of the week we have a neighbor who plays music so loud that you can't even talk over it with all of our windows closed. His name is Buba. He is six foot both ways and about 6 hundred lbs. Anyway, after I made my last post, I looked out my window and his is moving out today. Praise the Lord.
Daniel and Little Lulu

JOHIO2

Medalist
Hi Daniel,

your newest neighbor from hell is moving out? Alright! Now if only Rocky Raccoon would move away too....

My favorite neighbor moved out 2 weeks ago. I can only hope that the crazy person they rent to next is more like the neighbor I call the imaginary neighbor. I never see her or hear her. The only way I know she not only exists, but is actually around is when she puts her junk mail in the trash can by the mail boxes!

Hope you new neighbor is OK (pray I get one too). Hang in there Lad.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Great comments folks! I find it comforting to get some replies about this crazy problem. I am hoping to get out of here myself soon. I am considering buying a place. It will be awhile yet, before I can really make any plans. Meanwhile thanks for the support! I appreciate it.

VGL

Rinkside
OMG, Ladskater! You must live in the same building as me. Twice in the past few weeks I've been awakened at 4am on Sunday morning due to noise coming from the apartment TWO floors above me. I actually got up and checked to make certain I knew where it was coming from. First time it was a loud stereo, the second time I could hear the guy and his girlfriend fighting or something. I've already written one letter, as have the people one floor above.

mpal2

Final Flight
I'm so glad I'm out of apartments. The last one I lived at kind of gave me a scary experience.

I had fallen asleep on the couch watching tv. Something scared me so badly that I woke up sitting straight up. A lady in one of the neighboring units was screaming and it was the most bloodcurdling sound I had ever heard. Apparently her husband/boyfriend was beating her senseless. One of our neighebors was a cop (and even had the squad car at home that night) so he stepped in quickly. I think these people were evicted immediately, but we'll never know if she left him or what. It was a bad moment and I hope she ended up with a better life.