Senior Ladies Practice Reports..... | Golden Skate

Senior Ladies Practice Reports.....

mariposa

Rinkside
With Canadians quickly approaching and virtually no news of what's going on with all the top ladies...I'm wondering if anyone has reports of practices from Lacoste, Samson, Phaneuf, Szmiett, DeSanctis, Charbonneau, Najarro etc...It's almost too quiet, kinda' like the quiet before the storm.

mariposa

Rinkside
I got an unexpected surprise today while in Barrie, I visited the Allendale Rec Centre..As luck has it, there was a simulation going on. I got to watch Adam Rippon, Christine Gao, Joey Russell, and Adriana DeSanctis. Rippon blew me away. He's amazing in person. This was the first time I saw Gao skate and I thought she was really good. She very small in stature and although she's an amazing presence on the ice, she looks a little juniorish to me. DeSanctis skated a terrific long program with just a step out on a triple toe..She looks faster in person and she looked like she really is having fun out there. Joey Russell was also good. His lines are beautiful and his jumps looked really good. There were other skaters that I didn't get to see. It was really a treat to see how much these few I watched have improved since their last competition.