Flatt should go to school, her peak is already in the past | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Flatt should go to school, her peak is already in the past

R.D.

Record Breaker
:laugh: oh man. Here we go again... Seriously, I laughed when I saw the title.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
So just because "you, many experts in the sport, many other fans, and by the judges who have opinions that Flatt does not have the talent to be a star at the World level or ever results than she already has" Rachael "should quit skating?"

Wow! I have a feeling this is not the first time someone informed you how judgemental and opinionated you sounded.

I couldnt give a rats behind on whether you like or approve what I am saying or not. If you dont like it then go hide in a corner or put me on ignore. And for the record I dont care what Rachael does, but I wouldnt be surprised at all if she does go to school full time after this season. It is becoming increasingly obvious her best days in the sport have already happened, and she can be proud of those since as I said she is really an overachiever who went beyond her potential as it is.

Last edited:

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Then why did you create this thread? :sheesh:

Just posting my opinion and how I see things standing for her now. It doesnt mean I have any emotional involvement in what she does, something apparently non intelligent people with simple minds somehow conclude anyway.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Just posting my opinion and how I see things standing for her now. It doesnt mean I have any emotional involvement in what she does, something apparently non intelligent people with simple minds somehow conclude anyway.

Your posts are intertaining in general.

But true intelligent people with sophisticate minds would restrain themselves from critisizing so much on such an outstanding young lady.:p Can't you see that Rachael is a role model in so many ways even though she is not the best skater out there? I just love this girl as a person!

Last edited:
pangtongfan said:

P&T, it is the judgmental "should" in the title of your post that is causing people to get on your case.

Surely a person as intelligent and complex-minded as you can see that it would have been better just to have posted that, in your opinion, Rachael's best skating is behind her and that you do not expect that she will be able to achieve more lofty goals in the present and future seasons.

That would be a reasonable thesis and one that might lead to objective debate, without the need for insults and name-calling.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
P&T, it is the judgmental "should" in the title of your post that is causing people to get on your case.

Surely a person as intelligent and complex-minded as you can see that it would have been better just to have posted that, in your opinion, Rachael's best skating is behind her and that you do not expect that she will be able to achieve more lofty goals in the present and future seasons.

That would be a reasonable thesis and one that might lead to objective debate, without the need for insults and name-calling.

:laugh::thumbsup:

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker

:thumbsup: :clap:

TtonyV7

On the Ice
As much as I can't stand watch Flatt skating (usually my bath room break skater!), She still has some solid skating elements, and should still keep skating IF she still enjoys. It's not like she's falling/popping on ALL her elements!

Remember when people thought Czisny was past her prime? Look at her now.

Better yet, Look at the long, respectable career of Amber Corwin! Elena Liashenko!

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Corwin and Liashenko had nothing else to do. The very bright and intelligent Flatt could become a wonderful student immediately.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Corwin and Liashenko had nothing else to do. The very bright and intelligent Flatt could become a wonderful student immediately.

She already has been, is, will be, etc. Why can't she be both a consistent/clean skater and a wonderful student?

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
She already has been, is, will be, etc. Why can't she be both a consistent/clean skater and a wonderful student?

Of course she could try but there are very few who pulled off the combination, if any for that matter. Debi Thomas did it well for awhile but by Calgary two years later was imploding all over herself. Kwan tried but wasnt able to keep commiting to both either. And needless to say both of these women are far more talented skaters than Flatt.

Nigel

On the Ice

I have to laugh...you stated above that you don't "have any emotional involvement in what she does"...I beg to differ, as you started this thread and have voiced your opinion for several pages. ..."I think you doth protest too much" ....to have no emotional involvment. ;-)

Moving on..........

On another note, Flatt is an outstanding role model. Obviously has a good work ethic, has been able to balance academics and athletics as well as her involvement in a number of charitable organizations, has done show skating/exhibitions, and from all the interviews that have been published to date that we have seen, she is appears to be a very grounded, happy young lady who loves what she does and has great enthusiam for life. Good for her.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I have to laugh...you stated above that you don't "have any emotional involvement in what she does"...I beg to differ, as you started this thread and have voiced your opinion for several pages. ..."I think you doth protest too much" ....to have no emotional involvment. ;-)

Moving on..........

On another note, Flatt is an outstanding role model. Obviously has a good work ethic, has been able to balance academics and athletics as well as her involvement in a number of charitable organizations, has done show skating/exhibitions, and from all the interviews that have been published to date that we have seen, she is appears to be a very grounded, happy young lady who loves what she does and has great enthusiam for life. Good for her.

:agree::clap:

pangtongfan

Match Penalty

I start alot of threads on different topics and different skaters, and in each I am doing nothing but voicing my opinion on something. Your attempted point is extremely weak.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Two Thoughts on This...

1. Pangtongfan, with all due respect, I think several posters on Golden Skate should go away and stop spewing their negative nonsense on this wonderful skating board, but alas, that's not my call to make and I've learned to suck it up and deal with the disappointment of the mods not banning those folks who get on my last d*** nerve. I suggest you learn the same in dealing with all those skaters you feel should hang it up.

2. I remember when DivaKwara was an unknown Japanese skater at the Olympics woefully out of her league without much promise of ever moving up the ranks...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Not to mention the long time between the first and second acts of Cynthia Phaneuf's career, and Joannie Rochette's career was in the doldrums for some time when she was reworking her jumps.

Rachael's what? 18? I wouldn't rule out the possibility of her improving her skating at this point. Heck, she hasn't even changed coaches once.