Flatt should go to school, her peak is already in the past | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Flatt should go to school, her peak is already in the past

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Who knows, we might even be seeing the same thing with Czisny now.

Do you really believe that? I hate to be a meanie, but I'm waiting on Nationals before I shift my opinion on Czisny - BUT the embrace between her and Caro at the GPF does make me wanna believe...

R.D.

Record Breaker
Do you really believe that? I hate to be a meanie, but I'm waiting on Nationals before I shift my opinion on Czisny - BUT the embrace between her and Caro at the GPF does make me wanna believe...

Actually, I totally agree with you and have said the very same thing myself. But again, in the spirit of the current topic, had to mention it as a possibility

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Actually, I totally agree with you and have said the very same thing myself. But again, in the spirit of the current topic, had to mention it as a possibility

I know... but for me Czisny is like a bad high school boyfriend. Just when you think things are looking up, down they go again... We'll see. I do love being surprised - espcially at Nationals.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Again, I'm not fighting you KW- I totally agree. I think of the Katy Perry song "Hot & Cold" whenever I think of Alyssa...she should skate to that song some time...(ok kidding :laugh: )

This is the first time I remember Czisny changing coaches, so we'll have to see if it made any difference or not. So far it's tough to tell, because she's had strong starts in the past.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Again, I'm not fighting you KW- I totally agree. I think of the Katy Perry song "Hot & Cold" whenever I think of Alyssa...she should skate to that song some time...(ok kidding :laugh: )

This is the first time I remember Czisny changing coaches, so we'll have to see if it made any difference or not. So far it's tough to tell, because she's had strong starts in the past.

Please. I would never fight with you. I heart you. I was just surprised by your bringing Czisny up and Mrs. Branch's song does apply to her... but who knows. She could be this season's Rochette or Diva. I do love the dramatic comeback story... the whole: "the thrill of victory, the agony of defeat" thing

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
and the whole "I told you so" angle doesn't hurt either, when you're proven correct either way? ;)

I am going to go way out on a limb and predict that Alissa will look very pretty at U.S. Nationals.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
I am going to go way out on a limb and predict that Alissa will look very pretty at U.S. Nationals.

That's hardly going out on a limb. She always looks pretty!

She could be this season's Rochette or Diva. I do love the dramatic comeback story... the whole: "the thrill of victory, the agony of defeat" thing

But ... she looks too nice to be a diva ...

I envy her teeth.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
That's hardly going out on a limb. She always looks pretty!

But ... she looks too nice to be a diva ...

I envy her teeth.

Maybe that's Alissa's problem. She needs to be...mean. She should've trained with Frau Mueller.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Not BE a Diva - its a reference to DivaKwara. I remember the first time she caught my eye at the Olympics - and was a hot mess. Skating blah, dress blah, hair messy. And let's not forget that she didn't quite make her appointment with the waxing team that morning... But then she storms back in 2004 with Turnadot. Awesome. Only to bring the Romeo & Juliet season the following year. 2006 speaks for itself. Skaters go through a lot and its nice to see the lucky few end up on top. You just never know when their moment will come and in what form. But one thing is certain: Alissa will be the one to beat in the "wow, she's pretty!" competition being held at this year's Nationals. Let's just hope her skating is half as pretty as she is...

She does have an awesome set of chompers, huh? Should get an endorsement deal with Crest... much prettier than Jamie.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
hey now, why bring Ms Sale into all of this? !!! :laugh:

I've been causing trouble all over the board today (you can always tell when I have a lot of work to do - I do a task, make a post, do a task, etc.) so why should Jaime get off scott free? And thanks for clarifying the Diva / DivaKwara thing... And one day I will find the clip of the look she shot Sasha when Cohen almost ran into her and I will save it and remember to meditate on it before going into silly corporate conference room warfares. Best look ever!!

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Not BE a Diva - its a reference to DivaKwara. I remember the first time she caught my eye at the Olympics ...

Oh! Haha. Sorry. I totally read it incorrectly.

On another note, I like DivaKawa with Stephane Lambiel. So cute. ^____^V

She does have an awesome set of chompers, huh? Should get an endorsement deal with Crest...
Or Listerine's whitening mouthwash or something.

And one day I will find the clip of the look she shot Sasha when Cohen almost ran into her and I will save it and remember to meditate on it before going into silly corporate conference room warfares. Best look ever!!

I. Want. To. See. :unsure::laugh::biggrin:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Rain - it was AWESOME!! Sasha comes flying at her and Diva slowly turns her head and stops her mid-stroke with a very "do it and die" look that was just the greatest thing I ever saw... AND it was the last time you ever heard about Sasha running down other skaters on practice ice. Too funny!

Rain - it was AWESOME!! Sasha comes flying at her and Diva slowly turns her head and stops her mid-stroke with a very "do it and die" look that was just the greatest thing I ever saw... AND it was the last time you ever heard about Sasha running down other skaters on practice ice. Too funny!

That sounds splendid. If you ever locate a tape of it, post it posthaste!

And I love Shizuka with Lambiel also. What a stylish, musical pair! Hope they have more opportunities to skate together.

heyang

Record Breaker
I start alot of threads on different topics and different skaters, and in each I am doing nothing but voicing my opinion on something. Your attempted point is extremely weak.

I think most people are used to people threads that start more positively. As Mathman pointed out, it might not have gotten negative if you had started the thread as 'Has Rachel peaked?' or 'Should Rachel retire from competitive skating?' Those titles imply an open conversation where people are willing to consider the opinions of others. Your title implies a Rachel bashing thread. It's all semantics, but very important with regards to 'writing' since it's not possible to hear your vocal intonations or facial expressions.

heyang

Record Breaker
Btw, just wanted to add that I'm not particularly a fan of Rachel's skating - just as I am not a fan of Sarah Hughes.

Regardless, I was happy for Sarah when she won the Olympic Gold Medal because she was the best of that night - before that she was also just a solid consistent skater and had a great layback, but no particular gushing was coming from the commentators over her star quality.

Everyone has their favorites and/or doesn't 'get' what someone else sees in a skater. However, they all deserve some respect for their efforts in reaching the top of their sport - even without finishing 1st, it's quite an acheivement to get to Nationals. I, too , have wondered why certain skaters continue to compete after they are very apparently out of medal contention for several years (i.e. Amber Corwin), but it's not as though they didn't earn their spot at Nationals. Same for all the people who thought Kwan should've retired to give others a chance - everyone has a chance, they just had to beat her.