Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Order of Skate at the US Nats

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    I saw that IN listing. It was very good about the entire competition including Novice and Junior events complete, so I'll be busy watching the Nats on computer, as well as the planned Order of Skate by NBC. Hopefully the commentary is kept to a whisper as I get distracted easily.

I just have the feeling that there will be upsets in Ladies and Mens and the Select-for-Worlds Committee will take longer to make their announcements
    Even if there are upsets, don't expect longer than 10-20 minutes. The last round of upsets (which sent 3, 5, and 7 to Worlds) only took about 20 minutes. From what I heard during that upset (via an internet rumor, of course), Katrina Hacker HAD been asked to go to Worlds and she declined in favor of Kimmie...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    The ladies free skate begins at 6:45pm on Saturday. You can begin watching the first couple of groups on IceNetwork, then switch to NBC at 9pm when they go live. Only pairs and dance are split into "early groups" for their free programs. Those groups will be on IceNetwork starting at 10:45am and then NBC will pick up coverage starting at 3pm.

This is the television schedule from IceNetwork:
    January 29, 2011 2011 AT&T U.S. Figure Skating Championships: Pairs Free Skate, Free Dance (LIVE) NBC 3:00pm - 6:00pm

January 29, 2011 2011 AT&T U.S. Figure Skating Championships: Pairs Free Skate, Free Dance, Ladies Short Program (re-air) Universal Sports 6:00pm - 9:00pm

January 29, 2011 2011 AT&T U.S. Figure Skating Championships: Ladies Free Skate (re-air)
    Universal Sports 11:00pm - 1:00am

January 29, 2011 2011 AT&T U.S. Figure Skating Championships Ladies Free Skate (LIVE)
    NBC 9:00pm - 11:00pm

January 30, 2011 2011 AT&T U.S. Figure Skating Championships Men's Free Skate (LIVE)
    NBC 4:00pm - 6:00pm

January 30, 2011 2011 AT&T U.S. Figure Skating Championships: Men's Free Skate (re-air)
    Universal Sports 6:00pm - 8:00pm

February 5, 2011 Smucker's Skating Spectacular NBC 2:30pm - 4:30pm

IceNetwork has also just posted their live online schedule on their website. Unless you live on the west coast, there are no crack of dawn events. Only 5 events begin before noon time, with the earliest being the novice compulsories on Sunday at 10am.
    Grrrrrr i bought a subscription to the IceNetwork hoping to see all the events live and now i find out they won't be showing the final Ladies groups online? NBC's coverage sucks and since i'm on the west coast it's guaranteed that the final groups on NBC won't be live but taped. Why does the IceNetwork let NBC black out their coverage for the final groups?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Why does the IceNetwork let NBC black out their coverage for the final groups?
    $$$

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Oh no!!!!!! I thought I was going to get to watch it live too :( They had it live last year didn't they?

The Olys Ladies LP was around midnight in New York. There was no twinkle toes lady expected to win and Lepisto who got on the podium was not even shown!

Jammers - I agree with you. I do not trust NBC on order of skate and time of skate. Has anyone seen their schedule yet? I believe if one of the US ladies is in the last six to skate, she will skate last for NBC, and if time is limited they will eliminate one skater.

The boys have a shot at a medal, but I do not think NBC will tinker with the order of skate. Being in eastern US. it could be preempted for whatever reason. Keep tuned.

Paying the bills
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Oh no!!!!!! I thought I was going to get to watch it live too :( They had it live last year didn't they?
    No, the final groups for the free skates/dance were shown live and not available on ice network until a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    Jammers - I agree with you. I do not trust NBC on order of skate and time of skate. Has anyone seen their schedule yet?
    The ladies free skate begins at 6:45pm, NBC will go live at 9pm. That gives them plenty of options and I'm sure it will depend on the short program results and if there were any surprises in the earlier groups of ladies. They can opt to re-air some of the short programs, show skaters from an earlier group, or have fluff pieces until the final group warms up. Unfortunately, you won't know ahead of time exactly when they'll break into live skating.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    No, the final groups for the free skates/dance were shown live and not available on ice network until a later date.

The ladies free skate begins at 6:45pm, NBC will go live at 9pm. That gives them plenty of options and I'm sure it will depend on the short program results and if there were any surprises in the earlier groups of ladies. They can opt to re-air some of the short programs, show skaters from an earlier group, or have fluff pieces until the final group warms up. Unfortunately, you won't know ahead of time exactly when they'll break into live skating.
    Of course they will not show the early groups of skaters which will run into the last two groups at 9pm. So two final groups for Warm Ups would take 5 minutes each. 12 skaters with 4 minute programs plus 2minutes each to get on the ice. 12 kiss and cry sequences at 5 minutes each, I get more than 2 hours of skating. (Check me on this)

Will NBC allow 2 hours for the Ladies? I believe, although I do not follow Law and Order, it is their regular scheduled show. Will some skating be cut?

The Early rounds of Mens on Sunday I presume will be on IN. NBC is scheduled to show Late rounds, but when? Anyone know?

Whippet Good!
    TV Schedule
    NBC will have 2 hours for the ladies, 2 hours for the men, and 2 hours for the pairs & ice dance.

Paying the bills
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz

Will NBC allow 2 hours for the Ladies? I believe, although I do not follow Law and Order, it is their regular scheduled show. Will some skating be cut?

The Early rounds of Mens on Sunday I presume will be on IN. NBC is scheduled to show Late rounds, but when? Anyone know?
    most likely, only the final group of 6 lsdies will be shown, starting around 10:00. Prior to that, you'll probably see a recap of the short programs, fluff pieces and if there was an upset with a previous group.

NBC's coverage of the men starts at 4:00 on Sunday, with most likely the same format (only final group of 6 shown live).

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    TV Schedule
    NBC will have 2 hours for the ladies, 2 hours for the men, and 2 hours for the pairs & ice dance.
    Thank you Tesla. I printed a copy of it. I had forgotten all about the Heather website.

Whippet Good!
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    The Olys Ladies LP was around midnight in New York. There was no twinkle toes lady expected to win and Lepisto who got on the podium was not even shown!
    Lepisto did not make the podium at the Olympics, which is why she wasn't shown.

There is a Russian channel, a Turkish channel and a UK channel that you can pick up on line and watch all the skaters at Worlds. Last year, there was a group of us who had a running conversation on facebook from the first lady until the final skater at the Olympics which was FUN.

Paying the bills
    When you can start checking IN for start orders:

Saturday 1/22
    Novice Dance PD
    Novice Men SP
    Novice Pairs SP
    Junior Men SP
    Novice Ladies SP

Sunday 1/23
    Junior Ladies SP
    Junior Dance SD

Monday 1/24
    Junior Pairs SP

Tuesday 1/25
    Championship Ladies SP

Wednesday 1/26
    Championship Men SP
    Championship Pairs SP

Thursday 1/27
    Championship Dance SD

Paying the bills
    First round of start orders are up on IceNetwork.

Tammi - It's Saturday night and I can not find the Order of Skate anywhere on IN,USFS, or Sports chanel. I suppose IN will have it on Sunday.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast