The Order of Skate at the US Nats | Page 2 | Golden Skate

The Order of Skate at the US Nats

Tammi

On the Ice
Oh no!!!!!! I thought I was going to get to watch it live too :( They had it live last year didn't they?
No, the final groups for the free skates/dance were shown live and not available on ice network until a later date.

Joesitz said:
Jammers - I agree with you. I do not trust NBC on order of skate and time of skate. Has anyone seen their schedule yet?
The ladies free skate begins at 6:45pm, NBC will go live at 9pm. That gives them plenty of options and I'm sure it will depend on the short program results and if there were any surprises in the earlier groups of ladies. They can opt to re-air some of the short programs, show skaters from an earlier group, or have fluff pieces until the final group warms up. Unfortunately, you won't know ahead of time exactly when they'll break into live skating.

No, the final groups for the free skates/dance were shown live and not available on ice network until a later date.

The ladies free skate begins at 6:45pm, NBC will go live at 9pm. That gives them plenty of options and I'm sure it will depend on the short program results and if there were any surprises in the earlier groups of ladies. They can opt to re-air some of the short programs, show skaters from an earlier group, or have fluff pieces until the final group warms up. Unfortunately, you won't know ahead of time exactly when they'll break into live skating.
Of course they will not show the early groups of skaters which will run into the last two groups at 9pm. So two final groups for Warm Ups would take 5 minutes each. 12 skaters with 4 minute programs plus 2minutes each to get on the ice. 12 kiss and cry sequences at 5 minutes each, I get more than 2 hours of skating. (Check me on this)

Will NBC allow 2 hours for the Ladies? I believe, although I do not follow Law and Order, it is their regular scheduled show. Will some skating be cut?

The Early rounds of Mens on Sunday I presume will be on IN. NBC is scheduled to show Late rounds, but when? Anyone know?

Tammi

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
Will NBC allow 2 hours for the Ladies? I believe, although I do not follow Law and Order, it is their regular scheduled show. Will some skating be cut?

The Early rounds of Mens on Sunday I presume will be on IN. NBC is scheduled to show Late rounds, but when? Anyone know?
most likely, only the final group of 6 lsdies will be shown, starting around 10:00. Prior to that, you'll probably see a recap of the short programs, fluff pieces and if there was an upset with a previous group.

NBC's coverage of the men starts at 4:00 on Sunday, with most likely the same format (only final group of 6 shown live).

mskater93

Record Breaker
The Olys Ladies LP was around midnight in New York. There was no twinkle toes lady expected to win and Lepisto who got on the podium was not even shown!

Lepisto did not make the podium at the Olympics, which is why she wasn't shown.

There is a Russian channel, a Turkish channel and a UK channel that you can pick up on line and watch all the skaters at Worlds. Last year, there was a group of us who had a running conversation on facebook from the first lady until the final skater at the Olympics which was FUN.

Tammi

On the Ice
When you can start checking IN for start orders:

Saturday 1/22
Novice Dance PD
Novice Men SP
Novice Pairs SP
Junior Men SP
Novice Ladies SP​

Sunday 1/23
Junior Ladies SP
Junior Dance SD​

Monday 1/24
Junior Pairs SP​

Tuesday 1/25
Championship Ladies SP​

Wednesday 1/26
Championship Men SP
Championship Pairs SP​

Thursday 1/27
Championship Dance SD​

Tammi - It's Saturday night and I can not find the Order of Skate anywhere on IN,USFS, or Sports chanel. I suppose IN will have it on Sunday.

Tammi

On the Ice
Hi Joe, it's a little bit hidden within their website, but if you click on the word "IceNetwork" in my previous post (page 2, post #29) it should take you right to the start order page. Currently, the start orders are available for all the novice events and junior men. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Hi Joe, it's a little bit hidden within their website, but if you click on the word "IceNetwork" in my previous post (page 2, post #29) it should take you right to the start order page. Currently, the start orders are available for all the novice events and junior men. Hope that helps.

Yup, this is a good way to find them.

Or another way to find some good information is to go on Sylvia's Unseen Skaters Online site to the Nationals page, here: http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/nationals/

She has a lot of informational web pages listed neatly at the top.

Thanks tammi, it did help! Ever since I was a little boy going to Ebbets Field I can still hear the barker sounding off: Get yur program; get yur program, ya cant tell duh players widout a program. (It cost a nickel in those days.)

Jhar55

Medalist
is the coverage on universal free or like IN you have to pay???
been watching on IN and can't choose speed this time and eerythign look little slow motion
goodthing is talk free so far

emma

Record Breaker
are the start orders for the senior ladies and men still not posted? I went to the Icenetwork link provided in this thread and Sylvia's page, but when I clicked on start order, a blank screen appeared.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
is the coverage on universal free or like IN you have to pay???
been watching on IN and can't choose speed this time and eerythign look little slow motion
goodthing is talk free so far

you have to pay for universal's online coverage, unfortunately.

burntBREAD

Medalist
Got this from FSU, but the link's not working for me. A lot of bigger names skating early (Czisny, Gao, Zawadzki, C. Zhang, Nagasu) and only Wagner and Flatt skating towards the end.

The starting order is now officially up (http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...results.html):
1. Traunero
2. F. Zhang
3. Czisny
4. Gao
5. Gong
6. Gilles
7. Zawadzki
8. C. Zhang
9. Kawamura
10. Nagasu
11. West
12. Narita
13. Khazova
14. Bell
15. Musademba
16. Zhou
17. Lam
18. Forte
19. Wagner
20. Siraj
21. Flatt
22. Kahle
23. Bulanhagui

emma

Record Breaker
Thanks so much for the ladies start orders!!! Based on my work schedule, this means I'll miss the first hour, which includes Alissa and Gao among others (urrrghhh).

Does anyone know if I would be able to watch the SP on Icenetwork later in the evening (meaning not live, but they will have the short program portion posted the same night)?? thanks in advance!!!

mskater93

Record Breaker
Thanks so much for the ladies start orders!!! Based on my work schedule, this means I'll miss the first hour, which includes Alissa and Gao among others (urrrghhh).

Does anyone know if I would be able to watch the SP on Icenetwork later in the evening (meaning not live, but they will have the short program portion posted the same night)?? thanks in advance!!!

Yes, it's typically available shortly after the conclusion on demand.