How Does Qualification Work? | Golden Skate

How Does Qualification Work?

russell30

Final Flight
Well done ISU this year, in order to improve standard of main competition, there are direct entries based on last years results which I feel is a good idea and then the rest have to qualify.:biggrin:

So now what happens with qualification? are they split into two groups or will there be one group with so many skaters going through to short program. Does anyone know how many go through to short program?

also like last year will they be reduced after short program to 20 for free skate? I did not like this idea :disapp:

Also the first group of free skaters go way before the last 3 groups another stupid idea :disapp:, hope that is scrapped too?:biggrin:

russell30

Final Flight
sorry guys, I found the information on bern 2011 web.

http://www.euroskate2011.com/en/event/new-mode

For the pairs there is no preliminary so all go through to short program. I do feel though (as this had be said before in the threads about inexperienced Pairs) this should go down to 12 for the free skate (instead of 16) there will be a huge gap in terms of points between the top 8 and the bottom 8.

russell30

Final Flight
In singles, 10 from each discipline will go through to short program, so out of the 20 odd skaters there is a good chance of qualifying for short. If i was them I would scale down my program and to perform jumps that you do consistently and get good GOE on them.