Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Woman Knocked Unconscious While Shopping

Rinkside

Brandy new to boards

Hello everyone , I was glad to find this site.
    I just wanted to add my comment .
    Can u believe,that is so bad!
    Done in the true Christmas spirit,

Happy to be here and looking forward to meeting new people.

I just read this article in the paper and couldn't believe what animals people can be Poor lady. I hope Wal-Mart does more then hold a DVD player for her!

I refuse to EVER be a part of a shopping mob. I avoid the day after Thanksgiving sales.

OMG - that's outrageous - both the behavior of the people and Walmart.

I wonder if they can use the credit card transactions and video cameras to press charges against the people in the mob. It's the least they deserve for acting this way.

As for Walmart, they should be giving her a free shopping spree. When they saw the crowd, they should've called the police for crowd control.

There's a Lenox warehouse near my home. One year, the mob got so big and unruly that the employees shut down until the police arrived. Ever since, they have at least one police officer on site just to make sure people line up in a reasonable manner.

I went sofa shopping on Friday - the one I have is over 35 years old. Anyway, I didn't leave til late afternoon and was surprised to discover that traffic wasn't bad on a section of highway that has lots of shopping plazas and strip malls. So, I took advantage and did some shopping. I guess all the early birds were tired adn went home to nap.

There's no way that I would get up that early to be the 1st on line. I take Wednesday's off in December to shop and run errands just to avoid the weekend mall crowds. Even if I end up going to the mall on the weekend, it feels good knowing that I don't have to wait on line to pay when I can go back on Wednesday and not have to wait on line.

Sal-Kowabunga!
    Hi Kasha, and welcome to the board. Hope you like it here.

Watching tv on Fri am, the local news people were at a Best Buy. The security people there let in one person at a time. Hope that was true of more stores. Couldn't understand why people would want to be there. After waiting in line to get in early, people waited in lines that were 2 and 3 hours long to checkout.

My coworker told me that she & a friend were at Kohl's at 5AM opening and then at Target by 6AM. Her kids are outgrowing ToysRUs which is usually her 1st stop.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    We have our traditional "Boxing Day" sale after Xmas here in Canada. It can get a little out of hand. I don't attend them anymore, because I don't want to get crushed or line up in the wee hours of the morning (some people have been known to camp outside in the cold the night before!) to save a few bucks. No thanks! It's just not worth it to me.

Rinkside
    Thanks for the welcome, Mathman!

Yep, I like Nascar! I have since the 80's! (kinda shows my age, eh!?) Actually, I didn't start getting 'into' figure skating until I first saw Michelle Kwan skate in the 90's. Then I became a BIG fan!

One nice thing about it...generally Nascar takes place from the Spring till the fall, and skating is going on from the fall to the spring, so that leaves me with a sport I can watch all year long that I like! I also love pro baseball, and count the Braves and Cubs as my faves.

LAD,
    I've never been shopping on boxing day, but this year I'm working in retail for Christmas and I have to work at 7am that morning. I'm scared!!!! I've heard crazy stories.
    Not only are there sales and crazy shoppers but everybody is taking all the presents they got for CHristmas BACK!
    Oh tis the season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2