Evan Lysacek's blade- paramount blades? | Golden Skate

Evan Lysacek's blade- paramount blades?

Aliyahsk8

Rinkside
Hello all, I've run across several dubious posts that celebrate how wonderful paramount blades and claim that they have no cons. On the ultimate skating site they claim that both Rachael Flatt and Evan use their blades. I can't find any information elsewhere to support this claim. I also remember Evan injuring himself awhile back when his blade snapped while landing a 3axel!

Does anyone know what blades Evan skates in/ skated in when they snapped?
Does anyone have any experience with the quality of paramount blades?

Last edited:

backspin

On the Ice
Not from any of the photos that I pulled up in a quick search. They're very easily recognizable.

Several of the skaters at my rink wear them. Personally I think they're noisier than other blades, but other than that I don't know much.

vlaurend

Final Flight
I just looked at some pictures of Evan skating and his blades look like they are either MK Phantom or Wilson Pattern 99.
I know a number of skaters who use Paramount blades and they all seem to like them. In particular, they all like how they hold a sharpening better than other blades they have used. I personally am not switching to them because they are a little noisier on the ice and I don't need my blades to be scraping any more than they already do. ;)

mskater93

Record Breaker
I just looked at some pictures of Evan skating and his blades look like they are either MK Phantom or Wilson Pattern 99.
I know a number of skaters who use Paramount blades and they all seem to like them. In particular, they all like how they hold a sharpening better than other blades they have used. I personally am not switching to them because they are a little noisier on the ice and I don't need my blades to be scraping any more than they already do. ;)

They don't look like Phantoms unless they are Specials, either

Aliyahsk8

Rinkside
Thanks so much for the responses. I've been considering switching to them as they are rather reasonably priced, but I didn't know anyone that has skated in the personally. And honestly, I found the glowing reviews that are cut and pasted all over the net to be a little off-putting and contrived. That's just the inner- skeptic in me:think: