On the Ice
2011 BMO CANADIAN FIGURE SKATING CHAMPIONSHIPS ON CBC

January 21, Friday
9-10:00 PM Pair Short Program

January 22, Saturday
12-1:00 AM Women's Short Program
4:00-6:00 PM Dance Short and Women's Free Programs

January 23, Sunday
1:00-2:00 AM Men's Short and Pairs Free Programs (1 hour only!?:frown:)
8:00-10:00 PM Dance Free and Men's Free Programs

Well, Olympic season is over, I am kind of disappointed to see nothing on the Bold schedule. I guess I can cancel my subscription now to buy myself several extra cups of coffee every month:rolleye:

Last edited:

colleen o'neill

Medalist
Gee, gopatrick , don't despair yet ...neither CBC or Skate Canada are renowned for having all the right info up well in advance. According to the listings on Skate Canada, which has been up for couple of months, Bold's programming as covers the same times as CBC..But they've always said "subject to change' notice up as well.
Now since I'm pretty sure the people who pay for Bold can already get CBC on regular TV right across the country..I don't think this can be the definitive word, and it seems self defeating. Why would Bold pay to have PJ and David duplicating everything that's going on on the main channel ? Usually we'd have her/them for everything up to the part CBC is covering , then they switch over to Kurt, Tracy and (shudder..) Brenda Irving.

Also, the times listed for CBC coverage on the Saturday, overlap with what should be Hockey coverage. What ? CBC drop Hockey in favour of figure skating ?..when has that ever happened ? It's before the all star break , so... I think some adjustments are probably coming . Failing all else, skatebuzz has been really good about jumping in to fill the void.

I hope Bold has cleaned up their act. After being so good since they started covering FS, at SC they completely dropped the ball. they hired David to complement PJ then lost the sound for the first hour or more (wa there no tech on site ?) then they cut to commercials and program promos after every single skater, losing the replay and David's accompanying comments..I hope more people besides me raised a hue and cry. ( I didn't get a reply , of course..I just hope it turns out to be a goof -up.)

Last edited:

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
Update

It looks like CBC updated the schedules after my previous check. I am happy now:)

All Time Eastern

Bold and cbcsports.ca

Friday Jan 21
6-6:45pm LIVE Opening Ceremony
6:45 pm-12 am LIVE SHORT DANCE, WOMEN SHORT PROGRAM

Saturday Jan 22
12:30-6 pm LIVE WOMEN FREE PROGRAM
8-2 am LIVE MEN SHORT PROGRAM, PAIR FREE PROGRAM

Sunday Jan. 23
3-9 pm LIVE FREE DANCE, MEN FREE PROGRAM
10 pm-12 am LIVE GALA

Sunday Jan. 30
12-1 pm GALA ENCORE

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
I confess I am obsessed and would like to watch everyone:p
As a bonus, now Bold offers HD on Channel 548, just not sure whether skating will be broadcasted in HD though.

npa

Match Penalty
Could someone watch practies now on Skatebuzz? Or its geoblocked?

colleen o'neill

Medalist
If you haven't found out yet, yes practises are on skatebuzz ( no geoblock) today,also, Fri & Sat morning before competition.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The junior and novice events that have been skated so far are on skatebuzz without geoblocking.