Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Nordic Championships

Custom Title
    Schultheiss is way behind now but with Berntsson not doing that well in free skates Schultheiss could still come in second. I think it is looking good for Majorov but Berntsson is a question mark.

Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;-)
    Is anyone else surprised that Adrian's PCS didn't even break 30? Was his presentation really that bad compared to his teammates? The judges gave him 3.67 and 4.41 less points on PCS than Sasha and Koffe respectively. That's quite a gap, and it makes me wonder how "lost" he might have been while performing his choreography. Although Schultheiss also messed up his SP at Euros, he still received 31.29 for PCS.

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Schultheiss is way behind now but with Berntsson not doing that well in free skates Schultheiss could still come in second. I think it is looking good for Majorov but Berntsson is a question mark.
    True enough, Kristoffer hasn't been able to skate his LP well all season. Adrian is the only Swede who can land the quad, so I'm fairly certain he'll include one in the free skate. (Since he usually has a small PCS deficit compared to Berntsson, I'm a little puzzled that he didn't try the jump in the SP. )

When you look at the fall competitions, Majorov has been more consistent than either of his teammates (his only big screw-up so far was his SP at the Swedish Nationals), but he's not immune to disastrous performances (e.g. his 2009 Euros LP where he fell 4 times).

WOO HOO, I found videos for Sasha and Adrian!!!!! We're still empty-handed for Koffe, though. Such a shame, because "Comptine d'un autre été" is one of my favourite programs this season... *sighs*

Alexander Majorov SP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYKJmNMo-4s

I love the energy he puts into "Soul Bossa Nova"! Austin Powers would be proud!

Adrian Schultheiss SP (the first 40 seconds are missing):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMypxz-uB5s

What the...? WHY on earth did Adrian change his SP??? I really liked "Scuba" and theme behind it! I wasn't ready to say goodbye to it!

Medalist
    Oh dear, Juulia Turkkila attempted a 3-3 in her SP! Very gutsy! She is becoming my favourite of the young Finnish skaters.

On the home page of the official Nordics website, it says:

Remember to watch: Saturday 12th February TV2 News will in the program News and Sports broadcast live television from Nordic Championship 2011 at 16.00 to 19.00.

I don't think you want to miss that, sequinsgalore!

The coverage for Nordics has already started more than half an hour ago on TV2 News, and there is way to watch in on-line, BUT you have to pay for the privilege : http://sputnik.tv2.dk/play/broadcast/tv-2-news/ I'm desperate, but not that desperate.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by siberia82 View Post
    On the home page of the official Nordics website, it says:

Remember to watch: Saturday 12th February TV2 News will in the program News and Sports broadcast live television from Nordic Championship 2011 at 16.00 to 19.00.

I don't think you want to miss that, sequinsgalore!
    I don't have TV2 News on my TV. Damn...

Quote Originally Posted by sequinsgalore View Post
    I don't have TV2 News on my TV. Damn...
    Oh, that's unfortunate... I'm sure the network didn't broadcast much from the event, but it would've been nice to know what they did show...

Novice Boys Final Results:

1 Sondre Oddvol BØE NOR 90.07
    2 Mandus THORMAN SWE 79.54
    3 John HALLMAN SWE 73.88
    4 Roman GALAY FIN 69.51
    5 Illya SOLOMIN SWE 64.70
    6 Henri SCHRÖTER FIN 64.21
    7 Kasperi RIIHIMÄKI FIN 61.97

Novice Girls Final Results:

1 Eveliina VILJANEN FIN 90.26
    2 Pernille SØRENSEN DEN 89.35
    3 Nelma HEDE FIN 82.69
    4 Gabriella JOSEFSSON SWE 76.14
    5 Jemima RASMUSS NOR 76.08
    6 Clara CALLNE SWE 75.22
    7 Emma Norby PETERSEN DEN 69.32
    8 Nana Isabella SVANE DEN 66.64
    9 Mia Aschim NØKLEBY NOR 64.80
    10 Myrtel Saldeen OLOFSSON SWE 64.53
    11 Nora Kristine STENERSEN NOR 63.17
    12 Piamaria MARTIKAINEN FIN 62.92
    13 Heidbjört Arney HÖSKULDSDÓTTIR ISL 58.77
    14 Júlia GRÉTARSDÓTTIR ISL 52.12
    15 Thuridur Björg BJÖRGVINSDÓTTIR ISL 50.09

Junior Ladies Final Results:

1 Isabelle OLSSON SWE 120.59
    2 Nea VIIRI FIN 111.02
    3 Anine RABE NOR 103.55
    4 Josefin TALJEGÅRD SWE 102.72
    5 Reetta ROMPPANEN FIN 100.68
    6 Rosaliina KUPARINEN FIN 99.04
    7 Celine MYSEN NOR 94.81
    8 Camilla GJERSEM NOR 93.17
    9 Elin HALLBERG SWE 92.55
    10 Lina WINGREN SWE 92.39
    11 Seidi RANTANEN FIN 90.98
    12 Emma ANDERSEN DEN 84.56
    13 Frederikke MUFF DEN 74.55
    WD Malin MAGNUSSON SWE

Quote Originally Posted by siberia82 View Post
    Ha ha ha, how well you know me. I may be a little biased, but I would've been happy to watch the other competitors and discover some "new" faces if a live stream was provided. *sighs*

Yes I did! I don't know much about him (other than the fact that he once medaled at both Swedish Nationals and at Nordics), but I was aware of his country switch. Is Justus part (or fully) Danish?

I know, there is only a point separating them! It's going to be so exciting tomorrow! Oh, how I wish I could see this competition!

Yes, it would have been nice to watch some coming men/women!

I have heard nowhere that Justus has a Danish citizen ship. But I have seen his hopes are going to Sochi. So that has to be sorted then.

ME TOO WANTED TO WATCH "The Big Fight" The last group is skating right now. This is so frustrating. Poor Adrian, Does he have a chance? No, if the other two skate fairly clean. Will Sasha prove that he is the best Swedish male skater, as he claims? Yes, I think so, but he is not consistent… so, this is dramatic between three rivales with very different personalities. Someone is going to be sad, sad ...
    Hope they all do well

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Yeah, but hey, we don't want that
    Last edited by snowflake; 02-12-2011 at 12:37 PM.

snowflake, while we're nervously awaiting for the final results, I wanted to ask what you thought of Adrian's new SP. Do you think it's better or worse than "Scuba"?

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    This is so frustrating. Poor Adrian, Does he have a chance? No, if the other two skate fairly clean. Will Sasha prove that he is the best Swedish male skater, as he claims? Yes, I think so, but he is not consistent… so, this is dramatic between three rivales with very different personalities.
    That's what makes the Swedish male skaters so exciting! Anything can happen with these three. Oh, I'm so anxious right now! *bites her fingernails*

Just for fun, a Japanese fan made a montage which focuses on the rivalry of Koffe, Adrian and Sasha: http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm11269957

Someone is going to be sad, sad ...
    Well, I would say that two would react sadly if they did not make the World team, and the other would have a big temper tandrum. (I'm sure you know who I'm talking about! )

Hope they all do well
    Me too. The Swedish guys rock!

^

I don't know right now about Adrian's new SP. I have to watch it again. Risky to change right now, but he is an unpredictable guy…

The montage is cool. Wish I understood the text. Thanks to the japanese fan

Well, I think that "the other" has learnt his lesson and has a big future in FS! Sasha's jumps in short were HIGH

OT Congratulations to Eric Gay(CAN) for winning downhill gold at alpine worlds

OK, I saw the results.

Majorov is the best Swedish male figure skater. Congrats to him!

No good skate for Kristoffer and no Tokyo. He dis a last try... but

Senior Men Final Results

1 Alexander MAJOROV SWE 200.88
    2 Adrian SCHULTHEISS SWE 189.17
    3 Kristoffer BERNTSSON SWE 180.82
    4 Ari-Pekka NURMENKARI FIN 155.92
    5 Viktor ZUBIK FIN 150.99
    6 Manuel KOLL AUT 147.44
    7 Justus STRID DEN 145.21
    8 Bela PAPP FIN 144.27
    9 Valtter VIRTANEN FIN 136.91
    10 Lawrence EVANS GBR 113.36

OT Congratulations to Eric Gay(CAN) for winning downhill gold at alpine worlds
    His name is spelled Erik Guay. CBC television will be showing the race tomorrow afternoon.

Majorov is the best Swedish male figure skater. Congrats to him!
    Kudos to Sasha on his first Nordic title! He should've been sent to Euros instead of Koffe, so it's good that he'll go to Worlds and gain more experience on the big stage.

Majorov won the competition, but Adrian did beat him the free skate, though (albeit by only 0.02 points ). I've noticed in the protocols that Schultheiss didn't do a quad. Maybe he doesn't feel confident about that jump anymore?

No good skate for Kristoffer and no Tokyo. He dis a last try... but
    I'm very, very, very heartbroken about this , but I have to admit that after seeing him fall apart at Euros, I had a bad feeling that the same thing would happen here. When I saw Kris compete at SC a few months ago, I had no idea at the time that it would be his cleanest LP performance of the entire season... *sighs*

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast