Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 2011 Nordic Championships

Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;-)
    Junior Men Final Results

1 Julian LAGUS FIN 140.41
    2 Ondrej SPIEGL SWE 127.43
    3 Mathias ANDERSSON SWE 120.18
    4 Tino OLENIUS FIN 118.08
    5 Juho PIRINEN FIN 114.50
    6 Daniel NEUMAN SWE 105.93
    7 Marcus BJÖRK SWE 105.51
    8 Erik MARTOMA FIN 100.12
    9 Simon BERGERSEN NOR 93.38

Senior Ladies Final Results

1 Viktoria HELGESSON SWE 149.35
    2 Linnea MELLGREN SWE 134.35
    3 Juulia TURKKILA FIN 131.87
    4 Anne Line GJERSEM NOR 126.03
    5 Beata PAPP FIN 123.85
    6 Joshi HELGESSON SWE 123.42
    7 Karina Sinding JOHNSON DEN 117.09
    8 Alisa MIKONSAARI FIN 116.96
    9 Christine ADRIAN SWE 110.70
    10 Cecilia TÖRN FIN 105.52
    11 Louise WESSBERG DEN 99.71
    12 Sofie CASTLER DEN 89.38

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    Are you a born optimist???
    Considering that I usually lurve inconsistent/headcase skaters like Koffe, I have to be an optimist! I wouldn't last long as a FS fan if I easily lost hope!

As for Sasha, yes, he has some sort of a north-sweden accent, but it is not exactly how they speak in Luleå(well, Luleå has a mixed population with people moving in from the northern countryside and other cities). To my ear Sasha's "melody" sounds a bit like how they speak in north-eastern Sweden, in the parts bordering to Finland.
    Thanks for your thorough analysis. I obviously don't know anything about Swedish dialects, only that Sasha's accent sounds a little different than Koffe's, so I thought it was because he's from Luleå. (Hmm, I just realized that I've never heard Adrian speak in English...)

Or maybe he just has his own russian-swedish-american-english dialect
    Ha ha ha, I hadn't considered that, but you might be right!

Quote Originally Posted by sequinsgalore View Post
    Then the speaker said, that not everyone was as good, and then a short montage of ladies skaters falling was showed. I guess they know, that average Danes will only care for this kind of slapstick - too bad
    That's rather... tacky. I'd hate to think that's the only way for a Danish audience to be entertained by figure skating.

The speaker did make it clear though, that Viktoria won because of her difficulty even though she fell...But looking at protocols I would say she won because of PCS because her program was not very difficult as she singled three planned triple jumps.
    Linnea received higher TES than Viktoria, so the reporter obviously doesn't know how to read the protocols properly. :sheesh:

It is so hard to be a figure skating fan in Denmark...No one knows anything about this sport
    (((sequinsgalore))) You must feel so alone. :(

Most of Viktoria Helgesson's LP has been posted on "On Sport": http://www.on-sport.dk/video/1162624...1-st-in-senior

The only other Senior Ladies performance on their website was Karina Johnson's: http://www.on-sport.dk/video/1162289...or-ladies-from

I managed to find the segment which aired on DR TV. (I'm nothing if not resourceful! ) It starts at 4:15: http://www.dr.dk/NU/player/#/sportnyt/6042 Karina speaks in English in the interview; I'm guessing she's not Danish?
    Last edited by siberia82; 02-14-2011 at 12:17 AM.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by siberia82 View Post
    I managed to find the segment which aired on DR TV. (I'm nothing if not resourceful! ) It starts at 4:15: http://www.dr.dk/NU/player/#/sportnyt/6042 Karina speaks in English in the interview; I'm guessing she's not Danish?
    Nah, she's American but has a Danish mother, so that's why she's skating for Denmark. Thinking of it, all of our senior champions aren't entirely Danish: Johnson is American, Justus Strid is Swedish and Katelyn Good (ice dance w/Nikolaj Sørensen) is Canadian.

Denmark isn't exactly a big figure skating nation, so unfortunately we have to import them.

Quote Originally Posted by siberia82 View Post
    Considering that I usually lurve inconsistent/headcase skaters like Koffe, I have to be an optimist! I wouldn't last long as a FS fan if I easily lost hope!
    same here... look to the left

Nah, she's American but has a Danish mother, so that's why she's skating for Denmark. Thinking of it, all of our senior champions aren't entirely Danish: Johnson is American, Justus Strid is Swedish and Katelyn Good (ice dance w/Nikolaj Sørensen) is Canadian.

Denmark isn't exactly a big figure skating nation, so unfortunately we have to import them.
    And the lovely Mikkeline Kierkgaard you exported to Germany

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    And the lovely Mikkeline Kierkgaard you exported to Germany
    What can I say? I guess whoever's in charge of Danish figure skating isn't too smart

Here's a photo of the Senior Men's podium: http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...897kopiera.jpg

Skaters had to "climb" to reach the Kiss & Cry area at Nordics : http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...6/IMG_9276.jpg Those steps must seem like a mountain after completing a performance... I guess whoever arranged the K&C doesn't realize just how exhausted these athletes are. :sheesh:

same here... look to the left
    I did notice the similarity.

What can I say? I guess whoever's in charge of Danish figure skating isn't too smart
    So not only should you work as a figure skating commentator on Danish TV, you should run the Dansk Skøjte Union as well!

For the Fangirl of Swedish Male FS… and for anyone else interested...

Excerpt from Luleå Konståkningsklubb(Luleå Skating Club):

Sasha convincingly won Nordics. Some revenge following the Swedish Nationals! I spoke today to Monica Blomberg, Piteå, who is a member of the Elite Committee, which names the competitors of the events. They have a telephone meeting on Tuesday. From what I have heard the skaters will be informed Tuesday evening (two out of the top three men), but it's not official until Thursday. So, maybe we have to wait that long until we know. Of course it would be fantastic to watch a LKK-skater on TV at worlds - and fair - but I quote what Sasha so wisely put it to P4(local news) right after his return to home: "The most important thing at Nordics was that I showed what I can. It is the federation that names the Swedish team for worlds"

Haha, the new polite, humble and mature Alexander Majorov is here!!!

For the Fangirl of Swedish Male FS…
    Ha ha ha, is that my unofficial title now?

"The most important thing at Nordics was that I showed what I can. It is the federation that names the Swedish team for worlds"

Haha, the new polite, humble and mature Alexander Majorov is here!!!
    I also like the young man I'm seeing now! Such a huge improvement in only two months.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4