2011 Nordic Championships | Golden Skate

2011 Nordic Championships

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I expect some good skating here and a drama between the Swedish boys, as probably the two best go to Tokyo.

The Swedish Helgesson sisters may be favorites, but Karina Johnson and Juulia Turkkila did surprisingly well at Euros. Linnea Mellgren and Cecilia Törn are also contenders.

Sequinsgalore, Denmark is not a big country. Should not be far for you to attend Nordics wherever you live :) Please tell us what happens if you go :bow:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I was hoping that there would be a live stream for this event, but I can't find anything on the official website. :cry:

AbsoluteSkating.com has a new interview with Alexander Majorov: http://www.absoluteskating.com/index.php?cat=interviews&id=2011alexandermajorov The date says January 10, 2011, but that's a mistake; the article was only published earlier today.

Viktoria Helgesson discusses her experience at Euros and her goal for Nordics on SkateSweden.se: http://iof2.idrottonline.se/SvenskaKonstakningsforbundet/Media/Nyhetsarkiv/ViktoriaHelgessonladdarinfortheNordicsmednyaskridskor/

Last edited:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Novice Boys SP Results:

1 Sondre Oddvol BØE NOR 33.70
2 Mandus THORMAN SWE 30.15
3 Roman GALAY FIN 26.06
4 John HALLMAN SWE 25.05
5 Henri SCHRÖTER FIN 24.59
6 Kasperi RIIHIMÄKI FIN 23.82
7 Illya SOLOMIN SWE 22.96

Novice Girls SP Results:

1 Eveliina VILJANEN FIN 37.19
2 Nelma HEDE FIN 33.81
3 Pernille SØRENSEN DEN 33.73
4 Gabriella JOSEFSSON SWE 31.09
5 Jemima RASMUSS NOR 30.77
6 Clara CALLNE SWE 28.68
7 Nora Kristine STENERSEN NOR 26.57
8 Piamaria MARTIKAINEN FIN 26.10
9 Nana Isabella SVANE DEN 25.94
10 Emma Norby PETERSEN DEN 24.42
11 Myrtel Saldeen OLOFSSON SWE 24.42
12 Mia Aschim NØKLEBY NOR 23.22
13 Heidbjört Arney HÖSKULDSDÓTTIR ISL 20.99
14 Thuridur Björg BJÖRGVINSDÓTTIR ISL 20.28
15 Júlia GRÉTARSDÓTTIR ISL 19.77

Last edited:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Here are the start orders for Friday:

Junior Men SP

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Tino OLENIUS FIN
2 Daniel NEUMAN SWE
3 Erik MARTOMA FIN
4 Mathias ANDERSSON SWE

Warm-Up Group 2
5 Ondrej SPIEGL SWE
6 Juho PIRINEN FIN
7 Marcus BJÖRK SWE
8 Julian LAGUS FIN
9 Simon BERGERSEN NOR

Junior Ladies SP

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Malin MAGNUSSON SWE
2 Elin HALLBERG SWE
3 Reetta ROMPPANEN FIN
4 Anine RABE NOR

Warm-Up Group 2
5 Lina WINGREN SWE
6 Seidi RANTANEN FIN
7 Josefin TALJEGÅRD SWE
8 Camilla GJERSEM NOR
9 Celine MYSEN NOR

Warm-Up Group 3
10 Emma ANDERSEN DEN
11 Isabelle OLSSON SWE
12 Rosaliina KUPARINEN FIN
13 Nea VIIRI FIN
14 Frederikke MUFF DEN

Senior Men SP

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Viktor ZUBIK FIN
2 Justus STRID DEN
3 Ari-Pekka NURMENKARI FIN
4 Bela PAPP FIN
5 Kristoffer BERNTSSON SWE

Warm-Up Group 2
6 Alexander MAJOROV SWE
7 Adrian SCHULTHEISS SWE
8 Valtter VIRTANEN FIN
9 Manuel KOLL AUT
10 Lawrence EVANS GBR

Senior Ladies SP

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Christine ADRIAN SWE
2 Louise WESSBERG DEN
3 Joshi HELGESSON SWE
4 Alisa MIKONSAARI FIN
5 Cecilia TÖRN FIN
6 Viktoria HELGESSON SWE

Warm-Up Group 2
7 Juulia TURKKILA FIN
8 Beata PAPP FIN
9 Anne Line GJERSEM NOR
10 Linnea MELLGREN SWE
11 Karina Sinding JOHNSON DEN
12 Sofie CASTLER DEN

Last edited:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I've contacted the Danish Skating Union and asked them if videos from the competition will be made available on the official Nordics website. This is the response that I received:

Unfortunately there will not be live Streaming, but spots on "On Sport".

I'm not sure what Ms. Poulsen meant by "spots", but I have a bad feeling that it may be interviews and not the actual performances. :disapp:

If there are any GS members in Copenhagen with a video recording device, please please please film Berntsson, Schultheiss and Majorov! :bow: I lurve the Swedish guys, and I'm so so so sad that I cannot watch this competition. :no:

Last edited:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Junior Men SP Results

1 Julian LAGUS FIN 42.66
2 Mathias ANDERSSON SWE 42.57
3 Tino OLENIUS FIN 40.28
4 Juho PIRINEN FIN 39.03
5 Simon BERGERSEN NOR 37.73
6 Ondrej SPIEGL SWE 37.07
7 Marcus BJÖRK SWE 35.80
8 Erik MARTOMA FIN 35.00
9 Daniel NEUMAN SWE 30.83

Junior Ladies SP Results

1 Isabelle OLSSON SWE 42.41
2 Anine RABE NOR 38.83
3 Josefin TALJEGÅRD SWE 37.79
4 Reetta ROMPPANEN FIN 37.27
5 Nea VIIRI FIN 36.63
6 Seidi RANTANEN FIN 36.13
7 Rosaliina KUPARINEN FIN 35.51
8 Lina WINGREN SWE 34.42
9 Malin MAGNUSSON SWE 32.55
10 Camilla GJERSEM NOR 31.63
11 Elin HALLBERG SWE 31.50
12 Celine MYSEN NOR 31.37
13 Frederikke MUFF DEN 28.87
14 Emma ANDERSEN DEN 27.94

Senior Men SP Results

1 Alexander MAJOROV SWE 70.88
2 Kristoffer BERNTSSON SWE 69.86
3 Adrian SCHULTHEISS SWE 59.15
4 Justus STRID DEN 51.41
5 Ari-Pekka NURMENKARI FIN 49.67
6 Manuel KOLL AUT 48.99
7 Viktor ZUBIK FIN 44.79
8 Valtter VIRTANEN FIN 44.58
9 Bela PAPP FIN 41.31
10 Lawrence EVANS GBR 39.06

Senior Ladies SP Results

1 Viktoria HELGESSON SWE 56.47
2 Joshi HELGESSON SWE 51.52
3 Juulia TURKKILA FIN 45.03
4 Anne Line GJERSEM NOR 44.37
5 Beata PAPP FIN 44.12
6 Alisa MIKONSAARI FIN 40.88
7 Linnea MELLGREN SWE 40.77
8 Christine ADRIAN SWE 38.38
9 Karina Sinding JOHNSON DEN 38.04
10 Cecilia TÖRN FIN 37.94
11 Louise WESSBERG DEN 34.06
12 Sofie CASTLER DEN 30.94

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Oh Siberia… you are really dedicated to our small nordic nation's figure skaters… well mainly to the swedish guys then :laugh: You probanly know that Justus is also from Sweden? He switched to Denmark because he thought he would never have a chance to go to bigger events competing for Sweden.

What happened to Adrian??? Suppose he tried the quad and didn't make it. Or was it the 3-axel? Close between Sasha and Kristoffer. This is a fight!

Nothing surprising with V and J being top two. Looks like Viktoria is still in good shape. Well done so far 16-years-old Juulia Turkkila :clap:

The ISU result service.

Danes will be able to watch a news report on TV2 at 19:30 tonight about the Senior Men's Short Program: http://www.nordics2011.dk/News/2011/February/NM%202011%20at%20TV2%20Lorry%20tonight.aspx

Hopefully Swedish TV will buy this and show it in sports news. But I guess they will wait until the competition is finished.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
The Danish news report was nothing special really - A minute tops. Just showed the arena, a few seconds of Kristoffer Berntsson and Just Strid. A speaker said the obvious things - this is the Nordic championships 2011 held in Denmark and today the men skated the short program. But I guess you can't expect interviews and fluff, when Danes in general don't care about figure skating. Sigh...

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Oh Siberia… you are really dedicated to our small nordic nation's figure skaters… well mainly to the swedish guys then :laugh:

Ha ha ha, how well you know me. ;) I may be a little biased, but I would've been happy to watch the other competitors and discover some "new" faces if a live stream was provided. *sighs*

You probanly know that Justus is also from Sweden? He switched to Denmark because he thought he would never have a chance to go to bigger events competing for Sweden.

Yes I did! I don't know much about him (other than the fact that he once medaled at both Swedish Nationals and at Nordics), but I was aware of his country switch. Is Justus part (or fully) Danish?

What happened to Adrian??? Suppose he tried the quad and didn't make it. Or was it the 3-axel?

Based on what I see on the protocols, Adrian didn't go for the quad, so it looks like he wanted to play it safe here (although the plan didn't work out too well, unfortunately). His first jumping pass was meant to be 3F+3T, but he had a problem with a 3F, and ended up leaving out the combination. He made the same mistake at Euros. :eek:hwell: Adrian is over 10.5 points behind Koffe.

Close between Sasha and Kristoffer. This is a fight!

I know, there is only a point separating them! It's going to be so exciting tomorrow! Oh, how I wish I could see this competition! :bang:

The Danish news report was nothing special really - A minute tops. Just showed the arena, a few seconds of Kristoffer Berntsson and Just Strid. A speaker said the obvious things - this is the Nordic championships 2011 held in Denmark and today the men skated the short program. But I guess you can't expect interviews and fluff, when Danes in general don't care about figure skating. Sigh...

Thanks for telling us about it, even if it wasn't much. :)

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Start orders for Saturday:

Junior Ladies LP

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Celine MYSEN NOR
2 Elin HALLBERG SWE
3 Emma ANDERSEN DEN
4 Frederikke MUFF DEN

Warm-Up Group 2
5 Seidi RANTANEN FIN
6 Lina WINGREN SWE
7 Malin MAGNUSSON SWE
8 Rosaliina KUPARINEN FIN
9 Camilla GJERSEM NOR

Warm-Up Group 3
10 Nea VIIRI FIN
11 Josefin TALJEGÅRD SWE
12 Anine RABE NOR
13 Reetta ROMPPANEN FIN
14 Isabelle OLSSON SWE

Senior Men LP

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Valtter VIRTANEN FIN
2 Lawrence EVANS GBR
3 Manuel KOLL AUT
4 Bela PAPP FIN
5 Viktor ZUBIK FIN

Warm-Up Group 2
6 Kristoffer BERNTSSON SWE
7 Adrian SCHULTHEISS SWE
8 Justus STRID DEN
9 Alexander MAJOROV SWE
10 Ari-Pekka NURMENKARI FIN

gmyers

Record Breaker
Schultheiss is way behind now but with Berntsson not doing that well in free skates Schultheiss could still come in second. I think it is looking good for Majorov but Berntsson is a question mark.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Is anyone else surprised that Adrian's PCS didn't even break 30? Was his presentation really that bad compared to his teammates? :unsure: The judges gave him 3.67 and 4.41 less points on PCS than Sasha and Koffe respectively. That's quite a gap, and it makes me wonder how "lost" he might have been while performing his choreography. Although Schultheiss also messed up his SP at Euros, he still received 31.29 for PCS. :think:

Schultheiss is way behind now but with Berntsson not doing that well in free skates Schultheiss could still come in second. I think it is looking good for Majorov but Berntsson is a question mark.

True enough, Kristoffer hasn't been able to skate his LP well all season. Adrian is the only Swede who can land the quad, so I'm fairly certain he'll include one in the free skate. (Since he usually has a small PCS deficit compared to Berntsson, I'm a little puzzled that he didn't try the jump in the SP. :scratch:)

When you look at the fall competitions, Majorov has been more consistent than either of his teammates (his only big screw-up so far was his SP at the Swedish Nationals), but he's not immune to disastrous performances (e.g. his 2009 Euros LP where he fell 4 times).

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
WOO HOO, I found videos for Sasha and Adrian!!!!! :party2: We're still empty-handed for Koffe, though. :no: Such a shame, because "Comptine d'un autre été" is one of my favourite programs this season... *sighs*

Alexander Majorov SP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYKJmNMo-4s

I love the energy he puts into "Soul Bossa Nova"! Austin Powers would be proud! :party:

Adrian Schultheiss SP (the first 40 seconds are missing):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMypxz-uB5s

What the...? WHY on earth did Adrian change his SP??? :eek: :jaw: I really liked "Scuba" and theme behind it! I wasn't ready to say goodbye to it!

ankka

Rinkside
Oh dear, Juulia Turkkila attempted a 3-3 in her SP! Very gutsy! She is becoming my favourite of the young Finnish skaters.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
On the home page of the official Nordics website, it says:

Remember to watch: Saturday 12th February TV2 News will in the program News and Sports broadcast live television from Nordic Championship 2011 at 16.00 to 19.00.

I don't think you want to miss that, sequinsgalore! ;)