Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Rachael Flatt's New SP

Custom Title

Rachael Flatt's New SP

.......is East Of Eden as revealed in her Bio on IN.

And if you don't like Rachael's interpretation, you can look over her shoulder and see Michelle Kwan's split falling leaf into a change-edge spread-eagle.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Rachael Flatt has not yet won the Bronze or Pewter medals at Nationals. It will be a real shame if she doesn't win one of them this year, to make her collection more complete.

I'm sure she'd rather have another gold though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    And if you don't like Rachael's interpretation, you can look over her shoulder and see Michelle Kwan's split falling leaf into a change-edge spread-eagle.
    Oh, my, that was the best split falling leaf into spread-eagle EVER!

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Anything would be better than the current sp but the music choice is a bit...
    With all respect to Mrs Nichol, she must have been left with only two cds in her car the last 15 years..

Last edited by Mathman; 01-13-2011 at 09:36 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    .......is East Of Eden as revealed in her Bio on IN.

Blasphemy.

Custom Title
    Is Lori the choreographer of this new piece?

East of Eden used for another skater? What's next: Nagasu skating to Lyra Angelica?

As I said on another thread, Lori was always someone who found the most unusual music. Now she's using Scheherezade (in fact, re-using it) and recycling (if this new SP is by her) early pieces for other skaters.

Say it ain't so!

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post

East of Eden used for another skater? What's next: Nagasu skating to Lyra Angelica?
    As I said on another thread, Lori was always someone who found the most unusual music. Now she's using Scheherezade (in fact, re-using it) and recycling (if this new SP is by her) early pieces for other skaters.
    It may be the skater in question suggested it. It's about all the input a skater has for the PC choreography slot. I think it was Nagasu who wanted Carmen and she would have been the umpteenth skater to use that easy music, but she brought it to another level and it was a smashing success. Didn't Nichol choreogralph that?

Good Luck to Rachael with East of Eden. She just might bring it to another level. We'll see.

Custom Title
    Lori sure does recycle a lot.

Custom Title
    How many programs to East of Eden are there?

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    I'd forgotten there for a bit that Lori is Rachael's choreographer. Sigh. I guess we'll have to wait and see but I wonder what they thought was "Rachael" about East of Eden.

Then again, it may turn out to be exactly the right kind of music for her. Maybe they just wanted something mature - which is definitely a good thing for her. Rachael is best when she's allowed to hold out her moves - which she actually can do - and which these jazzy pieces they seem to like for her don't really allow her to do. She shouldn't do fast pieces because it brings out her weaknesses. She's not so good at sharp, staccato dancing. But she's good at more soulful music where she gets to sort of glide and hold out her moves. I hope she has a spread eagle in her SP because hers are great.

Rachael's season has been so unexpected, very up and down. Good luck to her and I can't wait to see what they come up with.
    Last edited by Layfan; 01-14-2011 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post

Say it ain't so!
    Yes, say it isn't so. Some music selections are sacred and should never be used again...EoE, Scheherezade, Lyra Angelica, Bolero...

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    ^
    http://www.rhino.co.uk/ugc-1/product...2076_large.jpg
    (I have this, autographed by Lori. )
    LOL, grab a copy for me next time, autographed OF COURSE (by you, not by Lori)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast